PDA

View Full Version : Marley and Brubaker Injured?

Colby
09-21-2011, 05:07 AM
I just read they withdrew from Nebelhorn. Anyone know why?

kwanfan1818
09-21-2011, 07:24 AM
They have a minimum score from last season, and if they are healthy, they don't need Nebelhorn to be eligible to compete at Skate America.

Hedwig
09-21-2011, 07:42 AM
In the Nebelhorn thread it was said that she is injured but not very badly. Better safe than sorry.

reese
09-21-2011, 08:29 AM
A little OT, but I always wonder how female pair skaters don't have more rib injuries now that they can't assist with their hands on the catch on the split tripe twists. MB Marley in particular looked like a rag doll to me last year the way she would crash into his upper body on the catches with his hands jamming into her ribs. Made me worry for her.

figurefan
09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
What a bummer! I was hoping they would skate at Nebelhorn...I think they needed the feedback from the international judging panel and some more competition experience before SA. Hope everyone is OK and it's nothing serious and I agree that is is better to be safe than sorry.

Sylvia
09-22-2011, 12:16 AM
In the Nebelhorn thread it was said that she is injured but not very badly. Better safe than sorry.
This is what I posted in the Nebelhorn thread in the Kiss and Cry forum over the weekend: "Heard that Marley/Brubaker WD from Nebelhorn due to an injury (Mary Beth's) that's not serious and they should be fine for the fall season."

anova22033
09-22-2011, 02:33 AM
I just remember not feeling so great about Marley's strength as a pairs skater after watching their performance this summer (via Youtube)...might have been in Indiana?? She was constantly falling/sliding across the ice. Has anyone seen her skate well this year?

Jayar
09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes-- she looked strong at Glacier Falls. She dud comment that she is still developing her pairs skating muscles.

azskatefan
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Best wishes to Mary Beth in her recovery. Great opportunity for Vise/Baldwin.

Aimless
09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
.....split tripe twists.

Yipe! sounds...delicious?

Rochelle
09-22-2011, 09:20 PM
I just remember not feeling so great about Marley's strength as a pairs skater after watching their performance this summer (via Youtube)...might have been in Indiana?? She was constantly falling/sliding across the ice. Has anyone seen her skate well this year?

Perhaps you're thinking of Skate for Hope, a show, in Columbus, OH back in June? Marley/Brubaker haven't competed at Indy Challenge these past two seasons. :)

The Observer
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
I hope we see them competing again soon. I miss Rockne.

paskatefan
09-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Wishing Marley a full & speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing them compete this season.