PDA

View Full Version : LUCINDA RUH BOOK FOR PRE-ORDER

Pages : [1] 2 3

sparkle13
09-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I am a huge Lucinda Ruh fan and just saw that LUCINDA'S BOOK IS NOW OUT FOR PRE-ORDER ON AMAZON!!

IT IS ABOUT...

"Frozen Teardrop" is the autobiographical account of one of the most beloved and controversial personalities in the history of figure skating. In this straight-forward memoir, Lucinda Ruh takes her readers through the harsh and painful realities of the figure-skating world while exposing the never-before-released details of her own private pain and suffering which would ultimately turn this Guinness-listed international icon into a bed-ridden, suicidal, starved, agoraphobic and terrified young woman. "Frozen Teardrop" is a true-life tale of beauty, refinement, genius, and skill contrasted against the cut-throat starkness of world figure-skating competition in its bleakest, most tortuous, most mind-warping moments--as seen through the eyes of a developing young prodigy whose personal life would harbor its own menagerie of horrors, secrets, and personal violations.

click here!

http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Teardrop-Tragedy-Triumph-Skatings/dp/1590792130/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316555903&sr=8-1

lets support Lucinda!!... she is the best ever on the ice! no one ever skates like her.. I miss her!

overedge
09-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Hmm, the "review" section for this book says: "Publisher and author will be engaged in an aggressive marketing campaign which will include a strong social-media aspect and viral videos produced by the author.

A high profile publicity firm has been hired to provide a strong media presence for Frozen Teardrop in coordination with the publishers marketing efforts."

I don't suppose the above single post by a first-time poster has anything to do with this campaign....;)

But really, when was Lucinda "one of the most...controversial personalities in the history of figure skating"? The book blurb is really overwrought.

Pierre
09-21-2011, 12:22 AM
12 bucks is a good price. I think I will pick this up.

And overedge, I wondered about that, too, but the poster joined over six years ago.

julieann
09-21-2011, 01:13 AM
But really, when was Lucinda "one of the most...controversial personalities in the history of figure skating"? The book blurb is really overwrought.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you forgot..."one of the most beloved and controversial personalities in the history of figure skating"

I think that is a bit over the top, outstanding spins...yes but to say even a great skater is pushing it.

It does sound like a good read though.

Iceman
09-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Love the title.

barbk
09-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Was there ever anything controversial about Ruh in the skating world? She was known for her sensational spins, which were very well rewarded by the judges given her poor jumping skills. Particularly in an era when jumping was the overriding emphasis, she still managed to finish rather well at Worlds repeatedly.

Sasha'sSpins
09-21-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm going to buy it. I'm a huge Lucinda fan!! She's lovely, lyrical and has the greatest spins EVER imo!!♥

skatemommy
09-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Was there ever anything controversial about Ruh in the skating world? She was known for her sensational spins, which were very well rewarded by the judges given her poor jumping skills. Particularly in an era when jumping was the overriding emphasis, she still managed to finish rather well at Worlds repeatedly.

^this. Controversial? :confused:

Nomad
09-22-2011, 04:57 AM
^ I think there's a potential rep level here - "Skatemommy is fanning the flames of the Lucinda Ruh controversy."

Dr.Siouxs
09-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Is this some kind of joke? :rofl: I mean really:

the never-before-released details of her own private pain and suffering which would ultimately turn this Guinness-listed international icon into a bed-ridden, suicidal, starved, agoraphobic and terrified young woman.

I'm nearly amused enough to actually buy it....

skatemommy
09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
^ I think there's a potential rep level here - "Skatemommy is fanning the flames of the Lucinda Ruh controversy."

Actually, I am only reading FSU to Dick Button! ;)

sparkle13
09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
why would you think this is a joke? I don't think anyone would write something like that if it did not happen to them.. no? Thats why I think the story will be so interesting.... there might be so much of her life we do not know about...

Iceman
09-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I wonder if she discusses a competition she entered which was imo beneath her dignity----seeing if she could wrap her self in more toilet paper than her male competitor.

equatorial
09-22-2011, 03:03 PM
"Smoking, Spinning, and Starving". Wow!

Artifice
09-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Ok, she is an interesting skater, mainly due to her spins. But compared to other of her competitors her life is not what I would call something outstandingly interesting. Not to the point of buying a book of her.
IMO she sells herself a bit too much by the way how she presents herself through the review of the book.
One should not forget that humility is part of the sport...