PDA

View Full Version : Opera on Ice - Arena di Verona, Italy - Oct. 1, 2011 & Sept. 22, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sylvia
09-20-2011, 01:46 PM
English version of the official site: http://www.operaonice.eu/index.php/en/la-vision/

We will create, for the first time in the world, a show never seen before: a Grand Gala of artistic ice skating inside a prestigious historic monument such as Arena di Verona.

Linking different art forms, the beauty of the theatre and its stage with the performances of the worlds best ice skaters together with the interpretation of the most celebrated lyrical operas.

The first edition of Opera on Ice will showcase the most famous operas from the lyrical program of Arena di Verona 2012: * Rigoletto, * Aida, * Carmen, * Romeo e Giuletta, * Turandot, * Tosca.

Skaters: http://www.operaonice.eu/index.php/en/gli-interpreti/

From the News section of the site:

Thanks to an agreement between the organization of Opera on Ice and Nexo Digital, figure skating will be shown live in movie theatres for the first time in history! The event "Opera on Ice" will be screened simultaneously in 600 cinemas of 40 different countries worldwide. Opera on Ice takes place at the Arena di Verona on October 1st. Carolina [Kostner], who is testimonial of this event, attended the Venice film festival this week to promote Opera on Ice. She looked beautiful on the red carpet wearing an elegant red Roberto Cavalli dress.

luCN
09-20-2011, 01:52 PM
well,I just want to know are there any broadcast project on TV too? really want to see the videos,the show sounds so special and intersting!

Sandhu was so great when I saw him on Art on Ice Shanghai,look forward to his performace~it's a pity he didn't do much shows these years,hope he can do more from now on,really impressive :)

skatingfan26
09-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Is there any information in which cinemas it will be shown?

skatesindreams
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
What an ideal cast for the theme.
I too, hope that this will be broadcast, so that audiences "elsewhere" can see it.

mmscfdcsu
09-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow! Sounds wonderful.

Nadin
09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Is there any information in which cinemas it will be shown?

I e-mailed them to ask for a list of participating cinemas and they replied that they wouldn't have information on dates and venues until after January 2012 :confused:

Debrah
09-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Wow such a fantastic idea and cast. I am over the moon that Sandhu and Lambiel both great showman will be performing in this theatrical operatic extravaganza. My Gosh hope somehow it can be televised or filmed and released on DVD. This is the best news!

luCN, I AGREE about Sandhu's art on ice performances, I enjoyed what I saw of them too.

lauravvv
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I e-mailed them to ask for a list of participating cinemas and they replied that they wouldn't have information on dates and venues until after January 2012 :confused:
It must be some misunderstanding. I have read that they plan to continue this project (Italian opera + figure skating) in other countries in the future. Maybe they thought that you were asking about the next show.

IceIceBaby
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
I would like to know if they will show it in my country, too. It's only a couple of weeks until the show...They should have already announced the participating countries and cinemas. :confused:

lauravvv
09-22-2011, 01:50 AM
I would like to know if they will show it in my country, too. It's only a couple of weeks until the show...They should have already announced the participating countries and cinemas. :confused:
After what Nadin wrote I first thought that it was a misunderstanding. Now I am starting to think that probably the show won't be broadcast live, but shown in cinemas later (obviously sometime next year if they say that they are going to know a precise list of countries and cinemas only in January). Probably I am wrong, but now it looks like it :confused:.

LilJen
09-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Emanuel Sandhu is still skating? Never hear much of him these days.

Anyway. . . I think opera on ice makes perfect sense, since so many of the warhorses of skating are from opera scores (Carmen, Turandot, Tosca come to mind off the top of my head).

Nadin
09-22-2011, 08:49 AM
After what Nadin wrote I first thought that it was a misunderstanding. Now I am starting to think that probably the show won't be broadcast live, but shown in cinemas later (obviously sometime next year if they say that they are going to know a precise list of countries and cinemas only in January). Probably I am wrong, but now it looks like it :confused:.

My original e-mail to them was quite clear, so I doubt it was a misunderstanding, although that's what I thought at first which is why I wrote to them again last week to ask whether that meant the show wouldn't be broadcast live. Haven't heard any more after that, but will post if they do get back...

IceIceBaby
09-22-2011, 09:00 AM

Yeah, I don't think it will be broadcasted live, because they really should have announced the cinemas and ticket prices already, it's next week! But if it will be shown in cinemas later, why would be shown simultaneously in all countries? I am starting to think this live screening will happen 2012, not this year. I just hope Lambiel will still be among the cast, then.

Thanks to an agreement between the organization of Opera on Ice and Nexo Digital, figure skating will be shown live in movie theatres for the first time in history! The event "Opera on Ice" will be screened simultaneously in 600 cinemas of 40 different countries worldwide. Opera on Ice takes place at the Arena di Verona on October 1st.

lily
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Some photos from Opera on Ice.
http://beautiful-shapes.tumblr.com/

Did anyone here see it live?

npavel
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I found this, there are some vids embedded
http://imblogger.altervista.org/2011/10/02/opera-on-ice-levento-che-ha-cambiato-il-modo-di-vedere-lopera/