PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

The Accordion
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Oooo! Lucky! Have fun!

AragornElessar
04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Tonight's the night!!

PLAYOFFS BABY!! :D :D :D

I saw on the bottom line during this afternoon's Jays game that Toews will be a game time decision tomorrow. Here's hoping he can come back for the Playoffs as the Hawks need him.

The Accordion
04-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope Toews is back - since he is awesome and deserves to play and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever when he found the missing puck in Niemi's equipment. I will cross my fingers for him even though I am not a Chicago fan (for obvious reasons!)

But no Daniel Sedin tonight. :( I know the Canuciks have been playing well without him but it has mostly been against non-playoff teams and they are going to need all their fire power against Jonathan Quick!

ETA :wuzrobbed:

Habs
04-12-2012, 05:25 PM
:cheer: Kings! :cheer:

AragornElessar
04-13-2012, 12:27 AM
GO SENS GO!!

Any word about that bush league hit Weber laid on Zetterberg last night? I'm assuming we'll be hearing about something about it from Shanny sooner than later. Also about whatever amount of a fine the NHL will be giving Detroit's coach (who I can see in my mind's eye clear as crystal, but can I think of his name? I *hate* that!!) for his comments about the officiating last night. Not that he wasn't right, but you also know he's going to be a bit lighter in the pocket for it too.

For those that didn't hear it, he was asked about some of the calls made and he replied w/, "Well, these guys are trying to get to the Stanley Cup Final just like us and the Preds, so make your own conclusion."

True, but stupid to say it.

Now...Something I meant to ask about before yesterday, but time got away on me...

Would anyone be interested in doing a Pick The Stanley Cup Playoff Winners sort of a thing/game? I'd start a different thread for it and would go like this...

Take all of the matchups and go through them picking who you think will win that series and in how many games. Picking the winner of the respective series will get a point and if you manage to pick the right number of games it took for your team to win that series, you get another point.

The winner gets bragging rights around here. :D

So...Anyone interested?

KikiSashaFan
04-13-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm in. Everyone I always pick is sure to lose, so I'll pick all my least favorites :D

Aaron W
04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Ugh. Not thrilled with the results last night. I'm rooting for the Blackhawks and Capitals to win, but both lost in OT. :(

professordeb
04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought about playing but being to heavily Canadian biased -- well you can imagine which teams I'd choose which at this point have all lost their first game.
AE -- go ahead, I'm game to see how badly I'll do :-)

professordeb
04-15-2012, 03:08 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that I won't be watching much hockey over the next bit as the teams for which I am rooting are having a difficult time.

Vash01
04-15-2012, 07:39 PM
I went to the Coyotes game against the Blackhawks here in PHoenix last night. It was a heartbreaker. Coyotes were leading 3-2 in regulation with 6 seconds left. Fans were on their feet chanting- I was very nervous because in game 1 the Coyotes gave up the tying goal with 14.2 sec left- and de ja vu! The hawks scored with 5.5 seconds left, and later won the game in OT, tying the series 1-1. Coyotes have had a problem all season, holding on to a lead. They had lost to Dallas with 4 seconds left, and a few other close games like that. It was really frustrating. Other than that, the game was great.

AshleyN
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, between the Weber incident (and cowardly non-response from the league), Matt Carkner assaulting Brian Boyle, last night's parade of headshots, and the embarassment in Philly today, this has sure been a banner start to the playoffs for the NHL.

professordeb
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
I see the Philly Bullies are getting away with their behind the whistle and after the whistle antics. Too bad Pittsburgh is getting drawn into that garbage. I really, really, really dislike the Flyers.

AshleyN
04-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I see the Philly Bullies are getting away with their behind the whistle and after the whistle antics. Too bad Pittsburgh is getting drawn into that garbage. I really, really, really dislike the Flyers.Eh, I hate Philly and like Pittsburgh, but the Penguins are just as much, if not more to blame for what went on today. Asham should be getting a lengthy suspension for what he did to Schenn, and Neil was running around like a moron trying to injure people at the end of the game.

There was a lot of garbage from both sides.

professordeb
04-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Ashley, I agree that the Penguins did a lot of stupid stuff and more often than not it was retaliatory and they'd get caught. Didn't help that Fleury couldn't make some big stops when he needed. As for Schenn -- I felt he should have gotten more than the two minutes they gave him consider how far across the ice he came to deliver his "hit". Dumb dumb Asham took exception and then took it to another level. Sigh ... hoping this series goes 7 cause I really want to hope that Pittsburgh can get it back. I sooooooooooo don't want to see the Flyers playing any more than I have to -- and that includes game summaries on other sports channels.

Lara
04-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Ugh. Game 2 was fun, but the fighting today was :blah:

Not impressed with either team (despite being in PA) or the NHL in general after their (non) response to hits like in the Ottawa game. And 5 games wasn't enough for the injury to Vancouver's Sedin. :mad: