PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

NeilJLeonard
03-30-2012, 06:54 PM
And, the Panthers may break their 11 year streak and make the playoffs this season. I'm not sure if any of us remember what to do any more.

NJL

deltask8er
04-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Details Emerge About NBC’s Stanley Cup Playoff Coverage

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/details-emerge-about-nbcs-stanley-cup-playoff-coverage/

Starting next Wednesday, April 11th, all four networks will televise the Conference Quarterfinal round. NHL Live will air every night, beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET, and NHL Post-Game will wrap things up when all action is done. NBC hops on for exclusive coverage April 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd, with doubleheaders on the 15th and 22nd. All other games are subject to local blackouts, though in recent years, some markets have bypassed local coverage here and there and allowed then-VERSUS to go exclusively in that market.

LOL
The Stanley Cup enroute to its next visit via airport security. http://pic.twitter.com/8QFMU5GL

https://twitter.com/#!/keeperofthecup/status/187709607525888002/photo/1

And finally...no more delicious ribs for you, Flyers! :mad:

http://www.weirtondailytimes.com/page/content.detail/id/580104/No-more-ribs-for-the-Flyers.html?nav=5006

Vash01
04-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Congratulations to the Phoenix Coyotes for winning their first ever Pacific Division title! Woot woot! They are #3 seed now, and on a 5-game winning streak.

They play the Chicago Blackhawks in the 1st round.

Go Coyotes!

KikiSashaFan
04-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Canucks won the Presidents trophy second year in a row :cheer:

The Accordion
04-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Canucks won the Presidents trophy second year in a row :cheer:

WOOOOOOOT! :cheer: :cheer:

Take that haterzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

AragornElessar
04-09-2012, 03:55 AM
I heard on HNIC last night that Winnipeg's Revenue numbers/money was so high, they won't be eligible for the Revenue Sharing program. Smallest market in the League among those that brought in the most Revenue?

Take THAT Bettman!!

That had me grinning all last night and today too. Hee!!

Sigh...Another Stanley Cup Playoff season...Another adopting a team to cheer for...

Really thought the Flames were going to pull it off, but ohhhh nooo!!! :(

I know one thing though. I'll be cheering on the Bruins for the First Round at least. I can't *stand* Alex Oveckin, so will be cheering on whatever team that the Caps face.

Sorry Washington fans, but...Just can't do it.

How many more sleeps till the fun really begins? :D :D :D

The Accordion
04-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Sigh...Another Stanley Cup Playoff season...Another adopting a team to cheer for...

Really thought the Flames were going to pull it off, but ohhhh nooo!!! :(

(((AragornElessar)))

You are like the Winnepeg fan on the Visa commercial!

Love the info about the money the Jets made!

But I can't join you in cheering for Boston though Canucks fan that I am! I will be cheering for every opponent they have!

Lara
04-09-2012, 05:36 AM
The Habs hit nearly rock bottom finishing third worse in the league, sigh. Too bad they couldn't go the extra mile and finish one worse for a better shot at one of the top two draft picks (grr Oilers for tanking worse!). At least the GM was finally sacked, here's hoping for some good rebuilding and less injuries next season.

The PA matchup should be um, interesting to watch. Could get ugly. :yikes:

Not a good playoff rep from Canada but best of luck to the Canucks and Sens!

Badams
04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
*sigh* The Sabres didn't make the playoffs. It figures. Maybe next year. As a Buffalo sports fan, I'm getting a little tired of saying that year after year after year...:lol:

professordeb
04-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Well I am hoping for the same thing I wished to take place against two teams that I absolutely can't stand a the Jr B level. That Boston/Washington beat the living crap out of each other so that the winner of that series is so battered, they don't advance out of the second round.

Oh, on another note, any chance someone can boot drop Milbury into a pile of _____ (fill in the blank with your choice of word). Seriously, the man is a tool who isn't very sharp. I usually try to find something positive about his spin on things but after what he said about Crosby & and Penguins, the whiner needs to go!

AragornElessar
04-09-2012, 09:25 PM
(((AragornElessar)))

You are like the Winnepeg fan on the Visa commercial!

Love the info about the money the Jets made!

But I can't join you in cheering for Boston though Canucks fan that I am! I will be cheering for every opponent they have!

Thanks and I can understand why no Canucks fan would cheer for Boston. Normally, neither would I, but my beyond dislike for Ovie is far stronger this time around.

The Habs hit nearly rock bottom finishing third worse in the league, sigh. Too bad they couldn't go the extra mile and finish one worse for a better shot at one of the top two draft picks (grr Oilers for tanking worse!). At least the GM was finally sacked, here's hoping for some good rebuilding and less injuries next season.

The PA matchup should be um, interesting to watch. Could get ugly. :yikes:

Not a good playoff rep from Canada but best of luck to the Canucks and Sens!

Hey!! The Leafs getting into the Draft Lottery was one of only three bright spots this season. That also w/Joffery Lupul finally showing that potential he has was more than just that and the sacking of Wilison.

Now if only Burkie could follow his buddy boy there and before long so we can actually go after more than US College Players in the Draft and I'd be very happy w/the off season.

A good friend of ours popped in on the weekend and couldn't figure out why on earth the Marlies were so good and the Leafs so...well...not. As I told him, the awesome players on the Marlies will never make it into the NHL unless one of two things happen. Either they're traded so they actually get a chance somewhere or Burke's fired.

What both Burke and Wilson have put Kadri through over the last couple of years is beyond disgusting and they should have been fired for that alone. I still think that Burke's on thin ice w/the new ownership in Toronto, but also have a bad feeling he'll still be there for the Draft and that worries me more than anything.

I am sorry the Habs tanked so badly. That was one of the shockers of the Season to me. It's always sad to see one of the Original Six go through tough times, regardless of the rivalry between our teams.

As for that PA Series...*Could* be nasty? I think that one's a pretty safe bet. I only hope Sid gets through it because you *know* they'll be after him like bears to a honey comb.

Oh, on another note, any chance someone can boot drop Milbury into a pile of _____ (fill in the blank with your choice of word). Seriously, the man is a tool who isn't very sharp. I usually try to find something positive about his spin on things but after what he said about Crosby & and Penguins, the whiner needs to go!

I still can't understand how he's working at all. I mean, after the trouble he got HNIC in a couple of years ago w/that Gay/Lesbian slur he used during one of his tirades. In turn, the President of the Cdn Gay and Lesbian Alliance ended up coming on the Pre Game w/Ron McLean for a public apology from HNIC and also an understanding of why what the Amoeba said was so wrong.

If that hadn't happened, HNIC and the CBC would have ended up being nailed w/a libel/slander suit and rightfully so. Of course the Amoeba wasn't there nor did he ever apologize for his comments, but he should have been fired then and there. His latest comments also should have him sent packing, but he'll be there for the Playoffs somewhere.

Since he never uses the brain he supposedly has in his head, I think Amoeba's a pretty good name for that jerk IMO.

professordeb
04-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Ohhhhh, I like your nickname for him ... hopefully I'll remember it. He was also the same dumb twit who got into trouble this past year for going off on a young hockey player who happened to be playing against said Amoeba's son. For all the stuff that people say about Don Cherry -- I'll take him (Don) any day against this smug ________ any day of the week.

Since the rant this time took place on NBC (at least that's the channel I was watching at the time), I wonder if they were the ones who told him to apologize or else. I'm guessing he likes his cushy job and so Sid got the apology that really wasn't one. What a doofus. I'm with Sid on this one.

AragornElessar
04-11-2012, 03:57 AM
A first for the Leafs...

CBC Sports ~ Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke vows to make tweaks (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/10/sp-nhl-maple-leafs-randy-carlyle-challenging-players.html)

Can the first one be him resigning? Pretty please!?!

Vash01
04-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I heard on HNIC last night that Winnipeg's Revenue numbers/money was so high, they won't be eligible for the Revenue Sharing program. Smallest market in the League among those that brought in the most Revenue?

Take THAT Bettman!!

l
:D :D :D

It only means that when a town is starved for a pro team, they are thrilled initially. I don't know how long the honeymoon will last. The last time they had the Jets in Winnipeg, the locals did not sell out the arena even in the playoffs. This time the enthusiasm may last longer, now that they have experienced how it feels to lose a team. I don't expect them to lead the league in revenues, say 5 years from now. They do have the advantage of not having to compete against other pro teams (NBA, NFL, MLB). It still is a small market. I am happy for them because they got their team back, but I would wait before drawing any conclusions about revenues.

Vash01
04-11-2012, 07:19 AM
I am going to the Coyotes playoff game #2 this Saturday. I paid a fortune for the ticket; they better win.:lol: