PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

AragornElessar
10-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Now *that's* an awesome tribute and way to get the word out about Movember.

Wendel Clark's also shaving off his famous stash at the next Home Game to raise money for the Leafs' Movember efforts. Got to love it!! :D

Aaron W
10-27-2011, 12:31 AM
What a start to the season for the Caps! :rollin:

AragornElessar
11-01-2011, 11:34 PM
And the Leafs too!!

Speaking of the Leafs...Phil Kessel has been announced as the NHL Player of the Month for October. The first time since 1993 a Leaf has been named Player of the Month!!! :D :D :D

IceAlisa
11-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Sharks lost to Rangers. They are forgiven because the Rangers goalie is très hot.

Habs
11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Sharks lost to Rangers. They are forgiven because the Rangers goalie is très hot.

Indeed! :swoon:

IceAlisa
11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
So we went to a Sharks vs. Predators game. The Predators' goalie--Pekka Rinne--is the biggest mofo goalie I've ever seen. Per Wiki he is 6'5" and 205 lbs. He also seems to have extra limbs like an octopus which he shoots out to make the most ridiculous saves.

I think that Niemi is the weakest link. No way that his stats approach 95% saves one would expect from a top NHL goalie and a Stanley cup winner to boot. Why don't they let Greiss play??? He did so well with the Penguins the other day.

The Sharks lost 4:3 in overtime, thanks Niemi. The Sharks pounded Rinne one after another in power play but this guy is crazy good. I don't recall the exact shots on goal but the Sharks had lots and lots more and Rinne made some amazing saves. :mad:

The good news is that we came early to watch the practice and Patrick Marleau skated over, smiled at Mini Ice and tossed him a puck. Mini Ice's day (and week was made). He plays hockey and idolizes the Sharks. :)

quintia
11-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I think that Niemi is the weakest link. No way that his stats approach 95% saves one would expect from a top NHL goalie and a Stanley cup winner to boot. Why don't they let Greiss play??? He did so well with the Penguins the other day.

Greiss was excellent against the Pens, much to my dismay. ;) I know Niemi struggled against the Rangers and the Pens, but has he been struggling for a while now? I don't follow the Sharks, but I would think that if Niemi is having a rough patch right now, starting Greiss for a few games would be a good idea.

IceAlisa
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Greiss was excellent against the Pens, much to my dismay. ;) I know Niemi struggled against the Rangers and the Pens, but has he been struggling for a while now? I don't follow the Sharks, but I would think that if Niemi is having a rough patch right now, starting Greiss for a few games would be a good idea.

Well, Niemi has been struggling since the play-offs last season. I have been rather underwhelmed with him, so you are right, why not let Greiss play?

Habs
11-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Apparently Georges Laraque has written a book about his NHL days. I wasn't aware Georges Laraque could even read a book. :P

Seriously though, I have several :sekret: about Laraque. He and his public image are very different. Great philanthropist? Yes. Nice guy? Not so much.

IceAlisa
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
A hockey-themed wedding: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Watch-an-incredible-hockey-wedding-including-ma?urn=nhl-wp17169

Yes, the bride skated down the aisle. :eek:

AragornElessar
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Tonight is a night I've been waiting for since the announcement of this year's Class of the Hall of Fame. It's the start of Hall of Fame Weekend w/the HoF Game at the ACC and the pomp and circumstance all around it. The best part though for me personally?

My all time favourite player, Dougie Gilmour, is a member of the Class this year and I couldn't be happier and prouder to be a Calgary *and* Toronto fan tonight. Especially as Dougie's not the only Flame and Leaf going in. He'll have company w/Joe N and Eddie Belfour going in w/him. So there's either three Maple Leafs or two Calgary Flames going into the Hall. Take your pick. :D

Not to mention that Mark Howe joining his Dad in the Hall.

It's going to be such an emotional night for me tonight. :)

quintia
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
After 10 months, Sidney Crosby is returning to the Penguins lineup tonight against the Islanders. Welcome back, Sid. :kickass:

AragornElessar
11-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes indeed!! Welcome back Sid!!

deltask8er
11-21-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll be at the game in Pittsburgh Wednesday night, vs. the Blues :cheer: .

Sid must have known that his biggest fan, my 6-year-old niece, will be there ;) .

Funny how the CBC and Versus have totally rearranged programming tonight, thanks to the news :fan21: .

AshleyN
11-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Goal and an assist in the first period. He's ridiculous.:lol: