PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26

cruisin
06-30-2012, 01:13 PM
He could just be doing it as leverage to get a better offer from the Devils.

My son, actually, said the same thing. Maybe he is worried about Parise.

NancyNC
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyone else watching the Draft?

Holy CRAP!! I can't wait for Nancy to get in here to hear her reaction to the major Trade the Pens and 'Canes just pulled off. Carolina now has not one, but two Stall Brothers w/Jordan joining his brother Eric in Hurricane Country. The Canes give up Brandon Sutter and two draft picks, as well as another prospect and I'm sure I'm forgetting other facets of the deal, but...

Geez I'm late replying to this - I guess my head is still spinning from the deal LOL. I was astounded that our owner actually unleashed his purse strings enough to land a big player (and ultimately sign him to a 10 year contract). The long-term contract should guarantee that Eric will sign an extension before his contract is up in 2015.

It was bittersweet though because I really like Brandon Sutter - he is a quality person and player, the Pens should really like him.

But to have the Staals playing together - that is a dream come true. Now that we have 3 of the 4 brothers in our organization, we just need to see when Mark Staal's contract is coming to an end with the Rangers. :D

cruisin
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Well, it looks like all of the Marty drama was no big deal. He signed another two years with he Devils. I didn't believe he would actually leave us. Now, if only we can keep Zach!

KHenry14
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Looks like Marty wanted the agent only to wangle a two year deal out of Lou. But Parise is going to be a Penguin, so they have a big hole to fill.

cruisin
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM
But Parise is going to be a Penguin, so they have a big hole to fill.

That's not definite yet. I really hope he doesn't go to the Penguins. Even my husband, who is from Pittsburgh, can't stand the Penguins.

KHenry14
07-03-2012, 05:44 AM
That's not definite yet. I really hope he doesn't go to the Penguins. Even my husband, who is from Pittsburgh, can't stand the Penguins.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't go there, but I am surprised that it's taken this long so who knows...

deltask8er
07-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Jaromir Jagr agrees to 1-year, $4.5-million deal with Dallas Stars in Texas-sized stunner

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jaromir-jagr-agrees-1-4-5-million-deal-220821643--nhl.html

So...when he enters the Hall of Fame, it will be as a member of which team? He won the Cups in Pittsburgh, but relations with that team aren't good. He was traded to the Capitals, and we know how that went :fragile: . I honestly don't remember his time with the Rangers :shuffle: . The Flyers he apparently joined just to spite the Penguins execs :EVILLE: . To be honest, I'm not sure I even care anymore :blah: .

Oh, this is old, but I went to the 2012 Draft.

http://sdrv.ms/MOXvq0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz6u7smV5ps

It was interesting but not fascinating. Good to go to one of them once, I guess. But yeah, the Staal trade announcement was :eek: .

Too tired to lobbychick at the hotel afterward. Besides, it's probably not even legal for me to be hanging out with such young ones :lol: :o .

cruisin
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Not looking set for Parise and the Penguins. Looks like it will come down to the Devils and Minnesota.

meggonzo
07-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Not looking set for Parise and the Penguins. Looks like it will come down to the Devils and Minnesota.

agh! don't get my hopes up! :D

Habs
07-04-2012, 05:36 PM
OMG - BOTH Parise and Suter signed with Minnesota.
As an Oilers fan, I'm not happy - our division just got a lot tougher.

cruisin
07-04-2012, 05:43 PM
^^ Still not definite on Parise. Suter yes. And Parise has been talking to Suter and has said that he thought they would make a great team. But, he has not officially made any decision. The Devils are still very much in the mix. And are still working to keep him.

Habs
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
^^ Still not definite on Parise. Suter yes. And Parise has been talking to Suter and has said that he thought they would make a great team. But, he has not officially made any decision. The Devils are still very much in the mix. And are still working to keep him.

No, it's official. The official Minnesota Wild account tweeted it about 15 minutes ago.

meggonzo
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
AGHHH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE WILD!

Habs
07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
AGHHH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE WILD!

Minnesota just got A LOT better. It's too bad they still have Dany Heatley though. :P

KHenry14
07-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, the Wild got better, I sort of wish these two guys would have found a home in the Eastern Conference, but at least they aren't in the Pacific division.

Now Minn needs to work on getting a better name than "Wild"