PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26

KHenry14
06-24-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm sympathetic to Bobby Ryan in this case - it must be difficult to have your name attached to every trade rumour over the course of two years.

Yes, but what does that have to do with Duck Mgmt? They aren't putting out the rumors. I guess they aren't denying them fast enough??? Nobody would believe that anyway. I stand by my "grow up" Ryan statement.

AragornElessar
06-26-2012, 08:27 AM
The 2012 Class of the Hockey Hall of Fame will be announced tomorrow afternoon sometime. Joe Sakic and Brendan Shanahan are both expected to be among the names announced.

Which means another one of my all time faves will be going into the Hall if so. I always loved watching Joe play and I think that goal he scored to seal the deal during the 2002 Olympic Gold Medal Game will always be counted among one of the all time most important goals scored in Cdn Hockey history. He also is one of the Class Acts of the game and proved that beyond a doubt a few years ago when, when it was his privledge and right to be the first to lift the Stanley Cup over his head as Avs Captain, he accepted it from Bettmann and promptly handed it off to Ray Bourque.

That *still* makes me bawl like a baby whenever I see it.

Also happening tomorrow is the broadcast of tonight's festivities at the ACC, where the first group to be awarded w/The Order of Hockey in Canada were honoured at a Gala event. Wayne Gretzky, Cassie Campbell, Jean Belieau, Gordie Howe and the man who founded what would end up becoming Hockey Canada are the first recpeients of the Order. TSN will be showing a package of the Gala at 7:30pm EST tomorrow.

Habs
06-26-2012, 04:29 PM
The 2012 Class of the Hockey Hall of Fame will be announced tomorrow afternoon sometime. Joe Sakic and Brendan Shanahan are both expected to be among the names announced.

I heart Joe. :swoon:

Habs
06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
HHOF 2012 - Sakic, Sundin, Bure and Oates. I am beyond thrilled for Sakic, and am pleased that Bure and Oates made the cut this year after being passed over several times. For Bure especially, this is long overdue.
I'm fine with Sundin being named to the HHOF, but not over Shanahan. Shannahan wuzrobbed.

KHenry14
06-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Shanny not getting in before Bure and Sundin is ridiculous.

AragornElessar
06-27-2012, 07:15 AM
HHOF 2012 - Sakic, Sundin, Bure and Oates. I am beyond thrilled for Sakic, and am pleased that Bure and Oates made the cut this year after being passed over several times. For Bure especially, this is long overdue.
I'm fine with Sundin being named to the HHOF, but not over Shanahan. Shannahan wuzrobbed.

I am thrilled w/Mats' nomination!!! Was not expecting that at all. As I said at supper time to Dad, if people thought the ACC was rocking last November when Doug Gilmour was honoured as part of the ceremonies surrounding the Annual Hall of Fame game, can you imagine the mood *this* coming November when Mats is honoured? :D

It is about time Pavel was nominated. That's been too long a time in coming.

Adam Oates had quite the day. First, he's hired by the Caps as the new Head Coach and then he gets this call. :D Well deserved too.

As for Joe...I think I made my feelings about that crystal clear last night. :D

I'm not as upset about Shanny not being on that list as I am about no Pat Burns on that announcement list. I mean...Really? That's just beyond understanding.

SandraMGfan
06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Crosby re-signs with the Penguins for the little amount of $104.4 millions and for 12 years (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sidney-crosby-100-million-plus-contract-announced-sunday-160616880--nhl.html)

Somewhere in the middle of Russia, Malkin is probably smiling knowing he's going to cash in $100 million in 2 years!

KHenry14
06-29-2012, 07:23 AM
And the Kings signed Conn Smyth winner Jon Quick for ten years, 58 million. Kings fans are ecstatic!!

Habs
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Rumour mill says Marty Brodeur hired an agent and will be testing free agency. :eek:

KHenry14
06-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Rumour mill says Marty Brodeur hired an agent and will be testing free agency. :eek:

That's true evidently. He's hired one of the biggest agents in the biz, Pat Brisson, who rep's guys like Crosby, Doan, Briere, Kopitar, Kane and the Sedins. Dude is a major player, which makes this is a big move for Marty.

I wouldn't want to be Lou and be the guy who lost both Marty and Zach...:eek:

cruisin
06-29-2012, 08:34 PM
I am :eek: shocked! I knew there was a good chance of retirement, but never considered him going to another team. I think it would be a bad move on his part. He's only ever played for the Devils. He would really betray his fans going to another team. And for what? He's 40, how much longer can he play? He'll never garner the same loyalty elsewhere. Possibly, if he does leave, the Devils will have the money to keep Parise. But, just a dumb move for Marty.

Habs
06-30-2012, 01:46 AM
I am :eek: shocked! I knew there was a good chance of retirement, but never considered him going to another team. I think it would be a bad move on his part. He's only ever played for the Devils. He would really betray his fans going to another team. And for what? He's 40, how much longer can he play? He'll never garner the same loyalty elsewhere. Possibly, if he does leave, the Devils will have the money to keep Parise. But, just a dumb move for Marty.

Mats Sundin did the same thing... franchise player in Toronto and then signed for a final year with the Canucks.
I don't get it either. Something must have happened behind the scenes.

KHenry14
06-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Marty's move may have a lot to do with Zach leaving. If Marty knew that Zach wasn't coming back, the Devils aren't likely to contend next season, and since Marty only has one or two years left, he may want to go somewhere that he'll have a better chance to win, like Chicago.

meggonzo
06-30-2012, 05:39 AM
He could just be doing it as leverage to get a better offer from the Devils.

KHenry14
06-30-2012, 09:31 AM
He could just be doing it as leverage to get a better offer from the Devils.

Why would he feel the need to leverage them? He's a hero there, I can't imagine Lou not paying him almost whatever Marty would want. Plus, if Marty leaves they don't have any goalies, which is more leverage. No, this move is to entirely find out if the grass is greener somewhere else. He still may end up in NJ, but I am certain he'll be looking elsewhere too.