PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

cruisin
06-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Are you seriously claiming that cross-checking a player face first into the boards is not a major penalty and game misconduct? The call was absolutely right.

No, however...

Should there have been an earlier penalty, probably. But that means the Kings might have only had a three-minute major penalty. So maybe New Jersey would have only give up two goals in three minutes, not three. And who is to say that the Kings wouldn't have scored during the 4-on-4. They completely outskated New Jersey. The Devils were actually lucky they weren't already down before the major penalty.

Had the first penalty been called on the hit to Gionta, the Bernier penalty probably would not have happened

Given NancyNC's username and her location being in North Carolina, I suspect the "home games" she mentions are Carolina's versus the Devils.

Um, I already acknowledged that. Regardless, petty spitefulness is rather :roll eyes:

And fact, the taunting that went on at Staples Center, did NOT go on at The Rock. That is not typical Devils fans behavior, we have season tickets, I go to a lot of games.

ioana
06-13-2012, 02:52 PM
And fact, the taunting that went on at Staples Center, did NOT go on at The Rock. That is not typical Devils fans behavior, we have season tickets, I go to a lot of games.

Yes, it seems both Rangers and Kings fans heard the Marty chants in NJ and decided to start using them as a put-down whenever their team would score on him. He's been around long enough and can shake off pretty much anything, so I don't really think this was a factor...I don't remember this kind of targeted taunting before, but I'm not a diehard hockey fan, so I guess I might have missed something?

NancyNC
06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
And BTW, even if her husband wears the t-shirt in NC, not many Devils fans will see it or care much.

That's what you think. And don't go throwing "if you knew hockey" out there so lightly. I am a 'Canes season ticket holder and have dealt with Devils fans here for over 10 years. Trust me. They will notice. It's what we deal with - all the transplants moving here and then belittling the fans of the home team. I will give you that Devils fans are only about 4th on the most obnoxious visitors list - Buffalo fans top the list, followed closely by Philly and the Rangers.

However, since the 'Canes have owned the Devils in most of the recent past when we have actually managed to make the playoffs, we still have the last laugh. And really, blaming a series loss on the refs is so laughable. :rolleyes:

ioana
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
And don't go throwing "if you knew hockey" out there so lightly.

In cruisin's defense, your original post was very confusing. You never mentioned being a 'Canes fan there and based on your other post in the thread supporting LA in the finals, it sounded like you were a newbie Kings fan -who didn't even buy their own jersey.

Things only started making sense once I saw your location (along with several other posters), but this could have been easily avoided if you'd mentioned something like 'home games for our home team, the Canes.'

meggonzo
06-14-2012, 01:58 AM
It's unfortunate that Stoll's hit on Gionta didn't get called, but you have to have a short memory. I think the Devils were too pissed that it didn't get called and they couldn't focus on the PK. So it didn't get called? Deal with it and kill the damn penalty!

I think LA outskated NJ for the series as a whole and deserved to win. They did get a better fight out of NJ than any other team though. I was hoping for another close game at least.

professordeb
06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Very happy that this NHL season is over. After the 1st round of playoffs, most of the hockey was just dull. Congrats to the Kings and their fans. Here's to hoping there is a 2012-2013 season.

KHenry14
06-18-2012, 04:15 AM
My LA Kings are improved this season, and hope to go deep into the Cup playoffs.

Ha, I didn't realize I posted this in the beginning of this thread. Guess you can't go any deeper than they did!

AragornElessar
06-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Anyone else watching the Draft?

Holy CRAP!! I can't wait for Nancy to get in here to hear her reaction to the major Trade the Pens and 'Canes just pulled off. Carolina now has not one, but two Stall Brothers w/Jordan joining his brother Eric in Hurricane Country. The Canes give up Brandon Sutter and two draft picks, as well as another prospect and I'm sure I'm forgetting other facets of the deal, but...

WOW!!

Oh and Jordan's enjoying his Wedding Reception right about now in Thunder Bay. Congratulations on getting married, as our Wedding Present to you we've traded you to your Brother's team.

I'd imagine that's upped the Celebration a wee bit. ;)

BTW...Thank you Brian Burke for *not* making the rumoured trade for Luongo and actually using our fifth pick to get us an actual honest to goodness hockey player that from the sound of it, could *really* be one heck of an asset down the line.

If that rumour does become fact in the coming days, you'll all be able to hear my screams of frustration anywhere in the World.

KHenry14
06-23-2012, 02:14 AM
AE, Burke needs to make a deal with Lombardi and the Kings for their backup, Jonathan Bernier. He's good now and will only get better. Plus he's a heck of a lot cheaper than RL would be. That can't happen till after July 1, as the Kings will need to re-sign Jon Quick before they can do a trade of Bernier.

AragornElessar
06-23-2012, 05:54 AM
But that would be the smart thing to do KHenry. The one that would make the most hockey sense to do.

Therefore, Burke would never even think of it.

I am so glad the NHL finally approved of the sale of the Leafs to CTV/TSN and the other parts of the group that are now the owners. Unlike the Ontario Teachers Union, they won't sit back and just be happy to be owners *and* considering they need a hot team for the ratings for their Leafs broadcasts...

I have a hunch Burkie's days in Toronto could very well be numbered and AFAIC, that will be a very happy day to this hockey fan!!

As far as my other team, the Calgary Flames, did tonight...That was an interesting pick, but I get now why they traded away the higher pick they had to Buffalo. Not only did we badly need that second round pick tomorrow, but it sounds like this kid from the Quebec HS Hockey scene was going to be their First Rounder regardless, by trading down in the First Round to get him, they did the kid a huge favour IMO.

He's still a First Round NHL Draft selection, *but* as he was selected towards the end of the round, he won't have the pressure on him the ones in the Top 10-15 will. They know he's a work in progress, but this way, he can continue to develop at his own pace. As I said, I now understand why Flames management did what they did and it does make sense.

And of all the things to happen tonight, P.K. Subban's brother ends up being drafted by the Boston Bruins!!! Malcolm a Bruin and P.K. a Hab...No problems there. ;) :D

Seriously, he's a good little goalie and is only going to get better w/more experience. Considering the entire Thomas mess, the Bruins need goaltending and Malcolm in the short term could be an excellent back up to Rask. I honestly think that's at least a year away from happening, but you never know what happens over the summer and then at Training Camp, right?

I wonder if anything big will end up happening tomorrow Tradewise?

Habs
06-23-2012, 06:47 AM
As far as my other team, the Calgary Flames, did tonight...That was an interesting pick, but I get now why they traded away the higher pick they had to Buffalo. Not only did we badly need that second round pick tomorrow, but it sounds like this kid from the Quebec HS Hockey scene was going to be their First Rounder regardless, by trading down in the First Round to get him, they did the kid a huge favour IMO.

Terrible, terrible move by the Flames. They desperately need to put young, close-to-NHL-ready talent in their system and they went with a high school kid?! Brutal. Every sports writer I follow on Twitter is making fun of Feaster for this one. Unreal. I don't get what they're thinking.

I like the Staal trade... Pittsburgh had to do something because they were in cap trouble. Handled with class by both organizations.

I'm not sold on Yakupov going to my Oilers (I really like Ryan Murray), but the last two picks have worked out well... looks like Tambellini knows what he's doing.

I'll be curious to see if Bobby Ryan is dealt tomorrow... he's been very vocal about wanting to leave Anaheim.

AragornElessar
06-23-2012, 11:39 PM
No Bobby Ryan deal as of yet, but I can't blame him for wanting out of Anaheim after hearing the guys talk about why he wants out of there last night.

Sigh...I was afraid we'd lose Luke Schenn to a trade and sure enough. At least they got a good player in return in James Van Riemsdyke, but... :( I'll miss watching him play in a Leafs jersey.

Also the Monster is gone and is now a Winnipeg Jet. I wish Gustavsson well and also think that's the best thing that could happen to him.

And Habs...You've absolutely dead on w/how both teams handled that big trade last night. Classy on both ends.

KHenry14
06-24-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm an admittedly biased Kings fan, but IMO Bobby Ryan is just a punk baby. So Duck Mgt doesn't show him enough love, so he wants out? Grow up big boy, this is pro hockey, not peewees.

Habs
06-24-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm an admittedly biased Kings fan, but IMO Bobby Ryan is just a punk baby. So Duck Mgt doesn't show him enough love, so he wants out? Grow up big boy, this is pro hockey, not peewees.

I'm sympathetic to Bobby Ryan in this case - it must be difficult to have your name attached to every trade rumour over the course of two years.

Habs
06-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Sigh...I was afraid we'd lose Luke Schenn to a trade and sure enough. At least they got a good player in return in James Van Riemsdyke, but... :( I'll miss watching him play in a Leafs jersey.

Sorry for two posts in a row...

AE, I honestly think the Leafs got the better end of this deal!