PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26

KHenry14
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Next year, if the Rangers get Parise, you may have to deal with them, though.

The Kings will go hard after Parise too, but just like the last three major FA's we tried to sign (Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Richards) we will probably come up short again. In the past, guys didn't want to come to LA because they didn't believe in the team or the direction they were headed. Maybe the results of the last 6 weeks will change some minds. And the Kings will have a nice opening on LW with Richards and Carter that Zach will fit right into. But I don't think he wants to come west to be honest.

And we understand the Marty love, he's a class act and one of the top five goalies of all time. It's just that all the years of being lousy, having come so close now and not being able to put it away is terrifying. Kings fans will tell you that even up 3-0, we knew that the team was more than capable of blowing the whole thing, because that's what the Kings do. :blah:

cruisin
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
The Kings will go hard after Parise too, but just like the last three major FA's we tried to sign (Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Richards) we will probably come up short again. In the past, guys didn't want to come to LA because they didn't believe in the team or the direction they were headed. Maybe the results of the last 6 weeks will change some minds. And the Kings will have a nice opening on LW with Richards and Carter that Zach will fit right into. But I don't think he wants to come west to be honest.

And we understand the Marty love, he's a class act and one of the top five goalies of all time. It's just that all the years of being lousy, having come so close now and not being able to put it away is terrifying. Kings fans will tell you that even up 3-0, we knew that the team was more than capable of blowing the whole thing, because that's what the Kings do. :blah:

First, I am hoping that the Devils will come up with a way to keep Zach. I don't know if they can, but hope rings eternal.

Second, let's say the Devils do win the cup. You can't think the Kings blew it. Look at what they've accomplished this season! Who would have expected either team to be in the Stanley Cup finals. Either team should be proud to be there, win or lose. Though, I confess, that we would have felt pretty awful had the Kings won in 4. I'm really hoping for a game 7! Then may the best team win! (Devils, please ;)).

KHenry14
06-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Well, if they lose this series, it will be almost unprecidented in NHL history. Only in 1942 has a team lost a 3-0 lead in games in the SCF. So yeah, if they lose the series they will have Mega-choked, "blowing it" is too mild a word.

But I know what you are saying. Kings fans had hopes to get past the first round, but none of us had dreams of being in the finals. So, there's some satisfaction in getting this far to be sure, but after going up 3-0, anything but a cup win will be a HUGE disapointment.

cruisin
06-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Well, if they lose this series, it will be almost unprecidented in NHL history. Only in 1942 has a team lost a 3-0 lead in games in the SCF. So yeah, if they lose the series they will have Mega-choked, "blowing it" is too mild a word.

But I know what you are saying. Kings fans had hopes to get past the first round, but none of us had dreams of being in the finals. So, there's some satisfaction in getting this far to be sure, but after going up 3-0, anything but a cup win will be a HUGE disapointment.

Well, I will be disappointed if the Devils don't win the cup. But if they have to lose, I will at least feel good that it is the Kings. They both play clean hockey.

ETA: too bad the refs don't.

cruisin
06-12-2012, 02:05 AM
This is the worst reffed game I have ever seen. The Devils should walk off the ice and tell the refs to stuff it. The refs should be ashamed of themselves. This isn't a game, it's a travesty!

Habs
06-12-2012, 02:44 AM
The shots are 18-5 for LA halfway through the second. It doesn't matter how the game is reffed, the Devils won't win if they don't shoot the puck.

Habs
06-12-2012, 02:53 AM
The Devils are unravelling. Unbelievable collapse.

ETA - ouch! Puck on Gionta's head.

cruisin
06-12-2012, 02:53 AM
The shots are 18-5 for LA halfway through the second. It doesn't matter how the game is reffed, the Devils won't win if they don't shoot the puck.

When the refs don't call penalties against the Kings and get in the way of the Devils trying to defend their goal, there is something very wrong. Same crap that went on in game 3. The 4th goal should not have counted. I stopped watching. This is not a Stanley Cup Final, the refs have screwed the game up completely. And I have no respect for the fan behavior in the stands. This Marty chant thing is just poor sportsmanship.

cruisin
06-12-2012, 02:56 AM
The Devils are unravelling. Unbelievable collapse.

ETA - ouch! Puck on Gionta's head.

Did he get a penalty for hurting the puck? This game is a joke.

Habs
06-12-2012, 02:59 AM
And I have no respect for the fan behavior in the stands. This Marty chant thing is just poor sportsmanship.

I've never seen a Stanley Cup game where the fans haven't taunted the opposing goaltender.

Sykora just scored for the Devils.

I know the refereeing is a bit controversial tonight, and I adore Marty as much as the next person, but honestly cruisin, the Devils are playing like total crap. They need to play better if they want to win. Yes, the Kings are getting some breaks, but they're vastly outplaying the Devils right now. It's not even close.

cruisin
06-12-2012, 03:11 AM
I've never seen a Stanley Cup game where the fans haven't taunted the opposing goaltender.

Sykora just scored for the Devils.

I know the refereeing is a bit controversial tonight, and I adore Marty as much as the next person, but honestly cruisin, the Devils are playing like total crap. They need to play better if they want to win. Yes, the Kings are getting some breaks, but they're vastly outplaying the Devils right now. It's not even close.

I stopped watching. The refereeing is beyond controversial, and that has effected the Devil's playing, literally and mentally. How do they allow a goal with ref interference? How do they give the Devils penalties for the very same thing that they don't give penalties to the Kings for?

And, the Devils fans did not taunt Quick in NJ.

IceAlisa
06-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Congrats, Kings! Leave it to the Russian Kings player to drop the F-bomb on a public channel while skating with the Cup.

ioana
06-12-2012, 04:11 AM
I do think the refs dropped the ball on Gionta being hit form behind. That said, the one thing NJ always did well was keeping their cool, even when calls didn't go their way. Not so much tonight and Bernier's hit was pure retaliation. Game was over once the major was called, really.

Still proud of the Devils for making this a series. Hopefully, Parise's back next year. And Congrats to LA :). Is Kopitar the first Slovenian player to win the Stanley cup?

cruisin
06-12-2012, 04:39 AM
I do think the refs dropped the ball on Gionta being hit form behind. That said, the one thing NJ always did well was keeping their cool, even when calls didn't go their way. Not so much tonight and Bernier's hit was pure retaliation. Game was over once the major was called, really.

Still proud of the Devils for making this a series. Hopefully, Parise's back next year. And Congrats to LA :). Is Kopitar the first Slovenian player to win the Stanley cup?

I agree, the game was over when the major penalty was called. And if the penalty were called for the hit on Gionta, it wouldn't have happened. That and the ref interference ruined the game. The Devils did, uncharacteristically loose their cool. I hate to see games like this. I'd rather have watched a game without controversial, bad reffing.

But, congratulations to the Kings. They played well. And the ref screw ups were not their fault. DeBoer should file a complaint on the ref. won't change anything, but a ref that bad should not be working a Stanley Cup Final.

KHenry14
06-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Is Kopitar the first Slovenian player to win the Stanley cup?

First Slovenian in the NHL, and now the first Slovenian to hoist the Cup!!

Tonight ended my 23 year Hockey nightmare with the Kings victory. :rollin: