PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26

professordeb
06-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Kings hit two posts, had three unconverted breakaways, numerous other missed chances and deservedly lose this game. Waiting till Saturday for Game 5 will be painful.

Yeah, this schedule is just brutal and stupid :rolleyes: Not sure who put this together but it sucks.

cruisin
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Yay Devils!

Ioana, Brodeur was absolutely a class act. His interview, at the end of the game was awesome! The Devils played a great game last night! I only hope they can keep up the momentum.

Again, the Kings fans, with the Marty chanting, last night :roll eyes:. Just one more reason why - Yay Devils! (not that i needed another reason :D). I'm just so happy for them!

IceAlisa
06-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Funny article about the game last night and Charlie Sheen: Charlie Sheen rants at Kings game security guard (http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2012/06/07/charlie-sheen-rants-at-kings-game-security-guard/?gta=commentlistpos#commentlistpos)

The star was watching L.A. Kings take on New Jersey Devils at the Staples Center when he decided to head out for a smoke during a break in play – and an official refused to let him back in.

In a video obtained by TMZ.com, a female guard is seen standing in front of Sheen and blocking his way back inside the building, prompting the actor to launch into an angry tirade.

He screams, “You know what? [Bleep] blow my [bleep], alright, you [bleeping] [bleep] … Have common sense and common courtesy gone in society?”

Sheen later told reporters at the website that the incident was down to “bad juju. (A) clash of the silly.”

My favorite reader comment:

"Thanks for the bad Juju you [bleeping] [bleep]hole Charlie. Now we have to go to New Jersey"
s/ The LA Kings

cruisin
06-08-2012, 03:23 AM
^^ they should be happy for the privilege of coming to New Jersey :D!

IceAlisa
06-08-2012, 03:44 AM
They might have been happier with a Stanley Cup. ;)

professordeb
06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Funny article about the game last night and Charlie Sheen: Charlie Sheen rants at Kings game security guard (http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2012/06/07/charlie-sheen-rants-at-kings-game-security-guard/?gta=commentlistpos#commentlistpos)

My favorite reader comment:

I was reading an article about Sheen. Sheesh, what an asshat! So teams should just go ahead and lost cause he doesn't want to travel somewhere east. Suck it up princess.

KHenry14
06-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Having been to the Staples Center many times for Kings games, I can tell you that they tell the audience you do not have the right to leave the arena and come back in. I guess Charlie found out that there isn't an asshat exception to that rule. ;)

cruisin
06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Yay Devils! Two more, please!

ioana
06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
This was the first game where some of the weird puck bounces went the Devils' way. Very happy to have a series on our hands & hoping Marty keeps playing this well on Monday. And Zach Parise's a trooper. You'd never know his ankle was bothering him based on the way he played last night :respec:.

KHenry14
06-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Kings have hit the post five times over the last two games...they have given up TWO goals that bounced off the chest of Slava Voynov, and Quick gifted a goal to Parise. That cup should be in LA right now, yet they are still playing. AARRRGGGHH!

cruisin
06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Kings have hit the post five times over the last two games...they have given up TWO goals that bounced off the chest of Slava Voynov, and Quick gifted a goal to Parise. That cup should be in LA right now, yet they are still playing. AARRRGGGHH!

The Devils had their fair share of pucks bouncing off of posts. Devils fans probably see a few gifts that the Kings got. Big case in point - the first goal of game 3 - that should not have happened. But that's hockey. The refs call what they call, not always fair. Pucks bounce off of posts and off of bodies. Sometimes it's in your favor, sometimes its not.

Go Devils, for tonight! Let's play a game 7, back here in NJ!

ioana
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Yes, Voynov should get a Devils jersey & Eastern Champions ring, or something for his troubles ;). Quick trying to make like Marty and bank pucks off the boards wasn't his best move, but I think it was his first mental mistake in the whole series. Long overdue. It's definitely frustrating watching your team play well and still lose in the end. So if it's any consolation, I can empathize.

Looking forward to tonight's game! Will Charlie Sheen be in da house to provide juju quotes? :watch:

cruisin
06-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Looking forward to tonight's game! Will Charlie Sheen be in da house to provide juju quotes? :watch:

I'm kinda hoping yes. :rofl:

KHenry14
06-11-2012, 04:40 PM
The Devils had their fair share of pucks bouncing off of posts. Devils fans probably see a few gifts that the Kings got. Big case in point - the first goal of game 3 - that should not have happened. But that's hockey. The refs call what they call, not always fair. Pucks bounce off of posts and off of bodies. Sometimes it's in your favor, sometimes its not.

Go Devils, for tonight! Let's play a game 7, back here in NJ!

Obviously, bounces tend to even out over a series. The difference is that the Devils have won 3 cups over the last decade and a half, while the Kings have lived through 45 years of ineptitude. When you've gone through that, bounces and posts are just magnified, and that makes them more frustrating that they normally would be.

BTW, Jon Quick is notoriously bad with his stick. He's cost games for the team in the past, we just cringe when he's playing the puck. The irony is that Ron Hextall is LA's asst GM, you'd think that Ronnie's excellent stickwork could be taught to Quick. :rolleyes:

cruisin
06-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Obviously, bounces tend to even out over a series. The difference is that the Devils have won 3 cups over the last decade and a half, while the Kings have lived through 45 years of ineptitude. When you've gone through that, bounces and posts are just magnified, and that makes them more frustrating that they normally would be.

BTW, Jon Quick is notoriously bad with his stick. He's cost games for the team in the past, we just cringe when he's playing the puck. The irony is that Ron Hextall is LA's asst GM, you'd think that Ronnie's excellent stickwork could be taught to Quick. :rolleyes:

I appreciate your frustration. I think we Devils fans have a different reason for wanting this cup. I mean obviously we always want our team to do well. But, with Marty turning 40, that would be awesome. It would show that a 40 year old is not a relic. Another thing is that NJ only has the Devils to call their own. All of the NY football teams play in NJ, but they are NY teams. We had a basketball team, but they were tragic and now have moved to Brooklyn. LA has a whole slate of pro teams, we just have our Devils. The one sport where we get to be the bride once in a while. Even if the Kings win this series, we feel better that it wasn't a sweep. But! Make no mistake, I still want the Devils to win :D!

Have to say that whatever stick problems Quick has, he's played a stellar game, so far. After game 3, we didn't know if he could be scored on. You have a young team with incredible talent and a bright future. Next year, if the Rangers get Parise, you may have to deal with them, though.