PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

cruisin
05-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Go Devils!

You said it!

meggonzo
05-31-2012, 01:15 AM
I used to hate the Devils, but somehow I'm finding myself rooting for them? I blame Kovalchuk's beard. :grope:

cruisin
05-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Devils, have to take control!

Habs
05-31-2012, 04:43 AM
Wheeee! :cheer2:

cruisin
05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Devils have to win Saturday! Go Devils!

AragornElessar
06-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Now *that* was a game worthy of the name of Game 1 of The Stanley Cup Final.

Holy WOW!!! There was a bit of everything there. Amazing plays, out of this world saves and, to put the cherry on top of it all, Overtime!! YAY LA!!! Now the real trick is how to keep that momentum going w/the long gap between games and can they do that? We'll find out on Sunday.

Also...Congratulations to Nik Lidstrom on what will eventually be described as his Hall of Fame Career. One of the greats and a class act to boot. I'm going to miss watching him play.

cruisin
06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Devils need to come out of the gate fighting on Saturday. They had a good 2nd period and a great 3rd period, but they seemed like they weren't there during the 1st. But, the Devils seem to be consistently losing their first games, hopefully, they will shake it off and take the cup! One more for Marty!

professordeb
06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Am I the only one that can't understand why there is such a long time between the 1st & 2nd games? I find it utter nonsense to have such a large gap. Does anyone have any insight as to why the large gap?

Habs
06-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Am I the only one that can't understand why there is such a long time between the 1st & 2nd games? I find it utter nonsense to have such a large gap. Does anyone have any insight as to why the large gap?

No idea... it seems ridiculous! My only guess is it has something to do with the TV contracts/schedule.

Just want to toss in my congrats to Nik Lidstrom. What a wonderful, classy player. Love him. Incredible career - instant Hall of Famer!

cruisin
06-01-2012, 11:40 PM

I can tell you. Radiohead was at the Pru Center last night and tonight.

professordeb
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
cruisin -- yeah, just read that in the paper today. Still find it stupid. Also think that the schedule of when they are playing is another dumb move. Saturday/Monday/Wednesday nights? UGH!!!

cruisin
06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
cruisin -- yeah, just read that in the paper today. Still find it stupid. Also think that the schedule of when they are playing is another dumb move. Saturday/Monday/Wednesday nights? UGH!!!

Yeah, it does seem crazy, 3 nights between two home games and only two between a home and a travel game. But, I can only assume the venue plans concerts way ahead of time and they can't count on Stanley Cup Finals. I knew about the Radiohead concert because my son went thursday night and my daughter went Friday night. :)

I want to see serious playing tonight! Go Devils! Got my tee shirt ready!

AragornElessar
06-03-2012, 03:14 AM
What on earth was the Devils' Defence thinking when Downie scored? Good Hockey Gods, they were just standing around not even moving!!

Yes, I'm cheering for the Kings, but are you kidding me!?!

Speaking of another idiotic hockey topic...The Hot Stove was just talking about Tim Thomas and his latest stunt. They pretty much agreed all of this is more than likely a ploy to force a trade. Here's the thing that nitwit should truly be wondering about though.

W/all of the drama and stunts he's pulled the last few seasons, even though he's got the skills, what team in their right mind would want him?

It's obvious his teammates are sick and tired of all of this. I can't imagine the Bruins fans don't feel the same way. IMO, he wants to take a break, fine. Good luck finding another team later on though.

cruisin
06-03-2012, 03:09 PM
It seems the Kings have figured out how to score on Brodeur. Straight up the middle, and when their defense is :confused:. The Devils have not figured out Quick. They seem to know they have to get the puck up, off the ice, but not above the net! Last night was a harder fought game than Wednesday. The Devils had better bring it Monday, or :(.

IceAlisa
06-03-2012, 04:34 PM
It's pretty amazing still, isn't it that these teams ended up in the finals.