PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

cruisin
05-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for our Devils tonight!

ioana
05-17-2012, 04:17 AM
^ Excellent work! It was good to see a few deflected shots get in on Lundqvist, too. He still looked very good, but not as intimidating as in Game 1. Back to Jersey and more nail biting now :P.

cruisin
05-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Yay!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Go Devils, Go Devils, Go Devils!

Son & husband are going Saturday night. Not the season ticket seats, though. Too $$$ No ticket for me :mad:

But, I have ballet tickets with my daughter. So, I can't be too upset :)

KHenry14
05-17-2012, 09:20 PM
My Kings are looking to go up 3 game to 0 on the Yotes tonight. Yotes are without first line center Martin Hanzal who got suspended a game for a cheap shot boarding penalty. Yotes don't have a chance unless they stop getting frustrated and start playing their game. Kings aren't going to give in one inch, so the Yotes are going to have to find their game quickly or they will be out on their ears by Sunday.

cruisin
05-17-2012, 09:44 PM
My Kings are looking to go up 3 game to 0 on the Yotes tonight. Yotes are without first line center Martin Hanzal who got suspended a game for a cheap shot boarding penalty. Yotes don't have a chance unless they stop getting frustrated and start playing their game. Kings aren't going to give in one inch, so the Yotes are going to have to find their game quickly or they will be out on their ears by Sunday.

I saw that hit - WOW, that was nasty! I'll root for your Kings! Will you root for our Devils? At least until the finals :D!

KHenry14
05-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I saw that hit - WOW, that was nasty! I'll root for your Kings! Will you root for our Devils? At least until the finals :D!

LOL, Kings fans are kind of ambivalent about both teams. Kings chased Kovalchuk two years ago and lost him, and last summer they chased Brad Richards and lost him to the Rags. So we have issues with both teams. :D
Plus, we are kinda jonesing for Zach Parise, so success for the Devils means it's more likely that Zach stays in NJ. With that said, I am not a fan of Tortarella and the arrogance of Ranger fans, so by and large Kings fans are pulling for the Devils.

cruisin
05-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Parise may be up for grabs regardless, free agent and all that. But, I'd really hate to see the Devils lose him :(.

AragornElessar
05-18-2012, 12:04 AM
I've been thinking of you often these Playoffs KHenry. Remember a couple of years ago when you were telling us about this great kid the Kings had in the wings called Jonathan Quick in that year's Hockey thread?

I've been keeping my eye on him ever since and has he ever put on a show during the Kings' run and then some. Go Kings Go!!

KHenry14
05-18-2012, 03:45 AM
I've been thinking of you often these Playoffs KHenry. Remember a couple of years ago when you were telling us about this great kid the Kings had in the wings called Jonathan Quick in that year's Hockey thread?

I've been keeping my eye on him ever since and has he ever put on a show during the Kings' run and then some. Go Kings Go!!

Wow, I can't believe anyone remembered that. :D

It's nice to be right every now and then, but to be honest, I never dreamed he'd be THIS good. It's a crime he didn't get nominated for the Hart Trophy, because without him, not only do the Kings not make the playoffs, they are down with the Oilers.

Lots of work still to do, but with Quick between the pipes, the Kings have a very good chance.

BTW, ya gotta believe that Quick will be the USA's goalie in the next OLYS.

Habs
05-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Snip...
not only do the Kings not make the playoffs, they are down with the Oilers.

:drama:
It's so hard to be an Oilers uber.

cruisin
05-22-2012, 04:22 AM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Devils! What a game! Marty punched by Rupp! 4 minute penalty! Tortorella doesn't understand why that's a penalty? Parise - awesome! Devils had better figure out how to keep him one he is a free agent.

Habs
05-23-2012, 05:58 AM
:cheer2: KINGS!!! :cheer2:

KHenry14
05-23-2012, 06:06 AM
AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! I've waited 19 LONG years for the Kings to get back to the Stanley Cup Finals!! WOOO_HOOOO!!!

Habs
05-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Disgusted by CBC right now.... this is so offensive to female hockey fans.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/whilethemenwatch/opinion/2012/05/because-its-the-cup-pt-1-while-the-men-watch-hockey-night.html

cruisin
05-24-2012, 04:28 AM
^^ Totally agree!

Devils win!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

3 goals in the first 6 minutes of the game! Final score Devils 5/Rangers 3. Series Devils 3/Rangers 2.