PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

cruisin
05-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Because we had already reached the regular-time penalty quota through brilliant calls like the non-existent delay of game on Kovalchuk. On the bright side, Devils power play defense looks really good. And they're getting loads of practice ;).

Yeah, my son was apoplectic over that one. But, tripping and holding didn't qualify for penalties agains the Flyers :roll eyes:! The Devils won anyway - Karma :)

KHenry14
05-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Whoa, Kings sweep the Blues are now are in the Western Conference Finals for the first time since 1993! Luv me some Dustin Brown, Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards....and of course the rightful Vezina winner, Jonathan Quick!

cruisin
05-07-2012, 02:18 AM
The Flyers are so dirty.

AragornElessar
05-07-2012, 03:07 AM
But that's Philly hockey for you crusin. Got to keep up the tradition after all. :rolleyes:

Good for the Kings. Don't like the really long layoff they'll end up having between now and the Conference Final starting though. When you've got a red hot goalie, that can affect him.

And I'll be updating the Game thread w/our first standings at some point either tonight or tomorrow now that we've got our first Conference Finalist.

professordeb
05-07-2012, 03:21 AM
The Flyers are so dirty.

Yeppers, hence my hate for them as a team. Regardless of who they get to play on them and what kind of local tie they have, I just.cannot.cheer.for.them.

cruisin
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I couldn't believe the one check at the end of the 2nd period. Zubrus didn't even have the puck anymore and Giroux decked him. Hit him right in the head. Zubrus was doubled over for a few minutes. What a punk move! What is it with Philadelphia teams and fans? The level of out of control is just beyond belief.

But the Devils won! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: 4 - 2. Would have been 5 - 2, but the last goal went in on the buzzer and they didn't count it. But for one second!

ioana
05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
I couldn't believe the one check at the end of the 2nd period. Zubrus didn't even have the puck anymore and Giroux decked him. Hit him right in the head. Zubrus was doubled over for a few minutes. What a punk move! What is it with Philadelphia teams and fans? The level of out of control is just beyond belief.

Giroux was obviously frustrated, lipping away at Elias in the Devils half and then had to double over to their own end just to catch up with the play. And then he leveled Zubrus after the puck was long gone. For all the announcers talk about 'his skates never left the ice', targeting someone's head is such a classless move. Goes back to nothing going right for Philly and their inabilty to handle Devils cycling and forechecking. When your assistant captain startes decking people to vent frustration, you know the game is slipping away from you. Which suited me just me -especially since Zubrus turned out to be ok in the end.

Would have been 5 - 2, but the last goal went in on the buzzer and they didn't count it. But for one second!

Don't think the score mattered much, but Brodeur getting a second assist would have been :kickass:

cruisin
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Giroux was obviously frustrated, lipping away at Elias in the Devils half and then had to double over to their own end just to catch up with the play. And then he leveled Zubrus after the puck was long gone. For all the announcers talk about 'his skates never left the ice', targeting someone's head is such a classless move. Goes back to nothing going right for Philly and their inabilty to handle Devils cycling and forechecking. When your assistant captain startes decking people to vent frustration, you know the game is slipping away from you. Which suited me just me -especially since Zubrus turned out to be ok in the end.

It just seems to be pervasive with Philly teams and fans. I don't know if people hear much about the fan violence that goes on at Philly games, outside of the PA/NJ/NY area. But, they are totally out of control.

ioana
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Giroux just got suspended for game 6...rightfully so.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630913

AragornElessar
05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I have heard the stories, as we've got friends in Pittsburgh. After going to a regular season game between the Pens and Philly, they swore never again after the way they'd been treated. One of them got beer sprayed/dunked on them twice. W/the rest of the stuff that went on, never again for them.

Happy Birthday Marty!! What better way to celebrate. :D

cruisin
05-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Yes, I forgot - Happy Birthday Marty!

AragornElessar
05-08-2012, 03:56 AM
Holy Playoff Excitement Batman!!

What a finish in NY tonight!!

Vash01
05-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Congratulations to the Phoenix Coyotes on eliminating the Nashville Predators, who are a very good team, in just 5 games. Everyone had picked Nashville to win this series. I am one proud fan of the Coyotes.

My cable does not have NBCSports, so I went to a nearby sports bar to watch the game. It was well worth it. It's frustrating to not be able to watch an important hockey game (a series clincher) on local channels.

Next up- LA Kings in the western conference finals. This will be tough, because the Kings are the hottest team in the NHL. Win or lose, I am proud of what the Coyotes achieved this year, with all the distractions about ownership for the last three years. Now there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, but nothing is final yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the team stays here in Arizona.

cruisin
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Giroux just got suspended for game 6...rightfully so.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630913

Totally deserved!

cruisin
05-09-2012, 03:15 AM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Yay! Devils! Yay!