PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Vash01
04-25-2012, 12:30 AM
They got over the Jets playoff jinx! :D

Yup!

deltask8er
04-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Three game sevens this week, now that the Devils won tonight :drama: .

If your humor is as sick and twisted as mine, :EVILLE: , check out this Twitter account dedicated to the namesake of the Bill Masterton trophy.

https://twitter.com/#!/holo_masterton

Oh Alfie, you're so dedicated for playing hockey at such an old age. I can't imagine being 40 years old..... cause I died

Oh Jeoffrey Lupul, you managed to stop sucking? Playing in Toronto must be so hard. I died.

:rofl:

It was inspired by the Tupac hologram (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/coachella-2012-dr-dre-says-tupac-hologram-a-one-off.html) and the founder of Puck Daddy (though he denies he's behind the Twitter account).

Habs
04-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Boston is eliminated. My interest in these playoffs is diminishing rapidly. I'll stick with cheering for the Kings (any team that beats Vancouver is A-OK with me! :P ) and have my fingers crossed for the Sens. Beyond that.... :yikes:

KHenry14
04-26-2012, 04:07 AM
This is a team without any stars, strapped for money, with talks of relocation going on for 3 years. It's amazing that they kept their focus and beat a very good Chicago team in 6 games.

Two words... Dave Tippett Just one of the top coaches in the NHL and the Yotes have him. Add in an excellent goalie in Mike Smith and an outstanding leader in Shane Doan, and you have a recipe for success.

deltask8er
04-26-2012, 04:19 AM
I love the fact that it was a black player who scored the OT goal on the man who refused to meet Obama . :cool: :soapbox: :kickass: Hockey gods like to impose justice with a sense of humor.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011030127&navid=DL|NHL|home

Rob
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Let's Go CAPS!

KHenry14
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
I love the fact that it was a black player who scored the OT goal on the man who refused to meet Obama . :cool: :soapbox: :kickass: Hockey gods like to impose justice with a sense of humor.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011030127&navid=DL|NHL|home

What's worse is all the racist vitriol that Joel Ward received from bigoted Bruins fans on Twitter.

We think we are getting past this type of racists crap, only for stuff like this to crop up and prove that we aren't. :rolleyes:

AragornElessar
04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Sigh...Alfie, if that was your final game, it was one heck of a one. Was hoping the Sens would pull it off, but... :(

Either later tonight once the Devils/Panthers Game Seven's over or defintely tomorrow, I'll start the thread for our Playoff Game. Good Luck to one and all who end up playing. :)

professordeb
04-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Well count me as one who has absolutely no interest in who wins in any remaining series all the way to the cup. No one single series has gone the way I hoped. Le sigh ... sometimes being a hockey fan really sucks all the way from Jr B level to the NHL.

Aaron W
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Happy the Caps advanced, though my main allegiance is with the Blackhawks and I'm sorry they weren't able to prevail over Phoenix. I'll probably lose all interest in the playoffs if the Caps are eliminated.

NeilJLeonard
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Well count me as one who has absolutely no interest in who wins in any remaining series all the way to the cup. No one single series has gone the way I hoped. Le sigh ... sometimes being a hockey fan really sucks all the way from Jr B level to the NHL.
Bruins are out. Panthers went out in OT last night. I'm with you; it's baseball and soccer for the summer.

NJL (...I am really not that interested in the NBA...:cool:...)

cruisin
04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Devils :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: All the way!

professordeb
04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Bruins are out. Panthers went out in OT last night. I'm with you; it's baseball and soccer for the summer.

NJL (...I am really not that interested in the NBA...:cool:...)

In my case it's baseball and lacrosse :)

Buzz
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Disgusted at the racist tweets aimed at Joel Ward. What century are we in? We need to do more to combat racism in sports.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/26/joel-ward-racist-tweets-twitter.html?cmp=rss

AragornElessar
04-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I was *really* sick last night and basically had my garbage can right beside me during from when I switched over to the Devils/Panthers game in the middle of the 2nd Period. Even as icky as I was last night, I still got into that game and what a Game Seven it was too. That game's going to be talked about for years, so IMO, no one in that game was a loser.

What a Game!!

And on that note...Due to feeling a bit better today, but still not too terribly great, I spent the better part of today dozing. I've only really been up, up, for about an hour now. Due to that, it's only now I'm getting to setting up our Guessing Game...Pool...Bet...Thing. :D