PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Popping in to predict Blues will eliminate Sharks in the next game. As much as it chagrins me to admit...the Sharks have had a sucky season, barely squeaked into the play-offs. :(

Calling it for Pens for the Cup.

professordeb
04-20-2012, 06:49 PM
DCA -- not a fan of either the Bruins or the Caps so not really paying much attention to it. Was trying to watch the Blue Jays ball game and fell asleep.

deltask8er
04-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Popping in to predict Blues will eliminate Sharks in the next game. As much as it chagrins me to admit...the Sharks have had a sucky season, barely squeaked into the play-offs. :(

Calling it for Pens for the Cup.

Neil Young might have been singing "Keep on Sharkin' in the playoffs!" :rockstar:

http://www.ridethepine.com/sports/nhl/neil-young-san-jose-sharks/

I'm starting to sense the finals will be Flyers vs....the Kings. Imagine that. "Hello, former Flyers Jeff Carter and Mike Richards :shuffle: . Hello former King Wayne Simmonds :shuffle: ." All kinds of awesome awkwardness could result :) .

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 02:13 AM
I have no idea how they handle playing against their ex-teammates.

AragornElessar
04-21-2012, 06:05 AM
I was over at my sister's yesterday as I had an Abdominal CT Scan booked for this afternoon and was out picking up a few things, but most especially the yarn to crochet my soon to be here Great Niece or Great Nephew's Baby Blankie (June 11th can't get here soon enough!!! :D ), and we didn't get back to their place until half way through the Second Period of the Caps/Bruins. The rest of it that I saw was pretty amazing. My least favourite part though? When they showed footage of Discovery's various laps around the Capital/DC before the plane she was piggybacked on landed and the guys commentating talked about how cool it was and what a sight to see from the roof of their hotel the day before.

For a space geek/junkie like me, who never ever was able to manage to get down to watch a launch....Yeah. :( Was just *slightly* green w/envy.

Well Ladies and Gents, we have our first series final and WTG Preds!! I do wonder if this is the last time we'll see Lidstrom play though. It would be a shame if he did hang em up, as he's still capable of stellar play. Have to wait and see on that front.

I have cousins in Nashville and they're huge Preds fans. They'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief tonight. :)

We also have very long time friends in Pittsburgh and their Son in Law would have literally been on the edge of his seat in their arena down there tonight. Really thought the Flyers were going to tie it there late in the Third. I lost count of how many amazing saves Fleury made there during that one two to three minute time frame.

One more thing...About the Playoff Game I suggested last week, now that I know there are some who would like to give it a go, I'll start it, but....*but*....In all fairness and sportsmanship, I won't start it until just before the Second Round starts. That way everyone is starting w/a clean slate and no advantage due to some silly person who let time slip away on her until it was too late to start it before the First Round got underway... :o

Not that I know anyone like that. ;)

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Mini just told me he wants Predators to win the Cup.

deltask8er
04-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Coyotes' Torres suspended 25 games

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=629019

(so if the Coyotes manage to win the Cup, would Torres' name be engraved on the Cup? is there a rule about suspended players in regards to that?)

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 09:12 PM
I can't believe Detroit was eliminated. Pens are still alive.

professordeb
04-22-2012, 03:23 AM
I didn't get to watch the Sens game tonight but they just keep on trucking and squeezing out wins! Eeked out a 1-0 battle tonight in NY and now it's back home for game 6! Keep it going, guys. Really happy to see these kind of results.

ETA: my mom told me the score was 1-0 but when I checked this morning, I see the final was 2-0 with Spezza picking up an empty netter.

deltask8er
04-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Man, I need two DVRs this time of year, because I'm usually at work when the games are playing (although sites like www.atdhenet.tv and www.firstrowsports.eu helps at times) .

The Stanley Cup champs are losing to the Capitals, the Panthers are leading the Devils (makes former Panther coach, current Devils coach Peter DeBoer look like a real loser, no? :slinkaway ), the Rangers can't figure out the Senators...April madness, baby! :cheer:

And it should be it for the Penguins Sunday. They NEVER win a game when it takes place at noon on NBC :fragile: .

IceAlisa
04-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Hate to be right sometimes.

professordeb
04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Well there goes two teams I was rooting for ... sheesh already.

Habs
04-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Well there goes two teams I was rooting for ... sheesh already.

I was really hoping for Chicago to move into the second round. Oh well.

Interesting that none of the final 4 teams in the west have ever won a Stanley Cup.

Vash01
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
The Coyotes won the first round! I am so happy. This is a team without any stars, strapped for money, with talks of relocation going on for 3 years. It's amazing that they kept their focus and beat a very good Chicago team in 6 games. On to second round against Nashville. It will be tough, but we will be rooting for our Coyotes to win.

Habs
04-24-2012, 11:39 PM
The Coyotes won the first round! I am so happy. This is a team without any stars, strapped for money, with talks of relocation going on for 3 years. It's amazing that they kept their focus and beat a very good Chicago team in 6 games. On to second round against Nashville. It will be tough, but we will be rooting for our Coyotes to win.

They got over the Jets playoff jinx! :D