PDA

View Full Version : Hockey season 2011-2012!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

professordeb
04-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Ugh. Game 2 was fun, but the fighting today was :blah:

Not impressed with either team (despite being in PA) or the NHL in general after their (non) response to hits like in the Ottawa game. And 5 games wasn't enough for the injury to Vancouver's Sedin. :mad:

Well what did you expect -- the "commish" likely doesn't want to see Vancouver in the final again this year. Can't see him punishing someone too much cause it's one of those "hated" Cannucks.

NeilJLeonard
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
dupe...please delete...

NeilJLeonard
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
OMG!!!!!...The Panthers not only made the playoffs for the first time in human memory, they actually won a playoff game last night, their first since 1997! And did it in front of a sellout of 19,248, the 1st time there have been that many people inside the building since the Taylor Swift concert a year or so ago. The world as we know it is coming to an end BEFORE the Mayan Calendar dictates. We'uns is doomed!

NJL (..not too surprised or disbelieving that the impossible actually happened...:biggrinbo:...)

professordeb
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I am so very sad. Got up and checked the score from the Vancouver game last night -- another team for which I am cheering is looking at elimination. It has not been a very kind year for my hockey clubs :-(

manhn
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, Canucks. Now I understand why there are so many people angry at Alissa Czisny. It makes me want to make threads about how every player (and coach!) should retire.

SandraMGfan
04-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh, Canucks.

:( I feel your pain manhn. I was so stressed and couldn't sleep I gave in and watched the game from 4 a.m. on.
It's depressing when you're there, but I'm far away, so I'm literally losing sleep over it and I can't help it!

manhn
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Wow, that is dedication!

BTW, sandramgfan, I still have all the games in my PVR from last year (at least the ones the Canucks won). I will make those discs...eventually. Give me another year. ;)

professordeb
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Wow, that is dedication!

BTW, sandramgfan, I still have all the games in my PVR from last year (at least the ones the Canucks won). I will make those discs...eventually. Give me another year. ;)

Well with the way the Canucks have not been playing in front of their goalies -- in otherwords their lack of scoring -- you may get to those files sooner than later if some people can't find their scoring touches.

SandraMGfan
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Wow, that is dedication!

I'm not on my own: A Day in the life (http://notanotherhockeyblog.com/2012/04/16/a-day-in-the-life/)
My hockey addiction has reached my 1998-2002 FS addiction level...:scream:

Well with the way the Canucks have not been playing in front of their goalies -- in otherwords their lack of scoring -- you may get to those files sooner than later if some people can't find their scoring touches.

Let's be in denial and believe that Daniel Sedin being flown to LA for practice will be the momentum turning point they need!

professordeb
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not on my own: A Day in the life (http://notanotherhockeyblog.com/2012/04/16/a-day-in-the-life/)
My hockey addiction has reached my 1998-2002 FS addiction level...:scream:

Let's be in denial and believe that Daniel Sedin being flown to LA for practice will be the momentum turning point they need!

I would love to be in denial but sometimes reality likes to give me a great big smack across the back of my head to wake me up. le sigh ...

Vash01
04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh, Canucks. Now I understand why there are so many people angry at Alissa Czisny. It makes me want to make threads about how every player (and coach!) should retire.

LOL. It's shocking that the Canucks are down 0-3. Who would have thought? I hope they can rebound.

professordeb
04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Well colour me pleasantly surprised!!! Ottawa battles back from a 2-0 deficit and wins the game in OT and it's their first playoff win at home in ... I can't recall but it's been a looooooong time coming.
Went to bed before the Vancouver game really got started but checked NHL site and lo and behold they also won their do-or-die game.
WTG guys!!
Oh yeah, Sid and the other kids are baaaack! and with a vengance! Way to silent the fans and take them out of the game as the "6th" man -- by putting up on the scoreboard where it counts. That being said, I am hopeful they can keep up THIS kind of hockey play rather than the stupid stuff we saw in the first three games.

BTW, is it me or does there seem to be a lot more "after the whistle" stuff going on in all the series. Does everyone apparently get "upset" by a good attempt to do their job? Sheesh already. Enough with the scrum after the whistle. If I wanted to see that much stupid stuff, I'd watch WWE or something along those lines. I want to see hockey played from whistle to whistle and that's it.

OK stepping off my soapbox now.

Aaron W
04-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm glad Raffi Torres has been banned pending a hearing with the NHL tomorrow. It seems like he's quite possibly the worst offender when it comes to issues concerning head hits. My impression is that he's an utterly trashy guy and the league would be better off if they banned him for life. Not that I expect this will happen, but at the very least I hope he's banned for the remainder of the season and into the start of next season.

deltask8er
04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
OMG!!!!!...The Panthers not only made the playoffs for the first time in human memory, they actually won a playoff game last night, their first since 1997!

NJL (..not too surprised or disbelieving that the impossible actually happened...:biggrinbo:...)

:biggrinbo:

Now if only the Miami TV stations knew what the Panthers' logo looked like :o

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/site/sources/dlc/2631-meme-la-television-de-miami-ne-connait-pas-les-panthers-eric-veilleux-gate-en-vrac.html

Well, in their defense, when was the last time the Panthers made news? :shuffle:

(and I don't have the energy to wrap my head around the Pens-Flyers series :scream: ; at least the Pittsburgh arena will have more time to prepare for the 2012 NHL draft http://www.consolenergycenter.com/events/detail/2012-nhl-draft )

DCA
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM
The last post was yesterday afternoon? Come on, didn't anyone see the Caps-Bruins game last night? Holtby is amazing for facing 45 shots.