PDA

View Full Version : The Sing-Off, Season 3 (US, NBC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Allskate
11-01-2011, 05:06 AM
I thought the Aires were awesome tonight! Those were challenging songs and a really fantastic arrangement.

I thought this was the best Delilah has done since the first week.

I think I probably would have sent home Urban Method. But, at least the Yellow Jackets went out with some fun!

UMBS Go Blue
11-01-2011, 07:15 AM
:cheer2: :inavoid: OMG YES YES YESSSSSSSSS!!! :inavoid: :cheer2:

http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/video/week-7-dartmouth-aires-queen-medley/1365415

skatesindreams
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Ben may not have thought about Freddie Mercury.
However, I think that FM would be pleased by that (even with the minor pitch issues.)

Cheylana
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh -- I'm the worst Dartmouth alum ever; how can I not be watching and supporting the Aires? Especially with all the alumni e-mail reminders! :drama:
YouTube and Hulu, here I come.

Lanie
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
That Queen medley was awesome! :cheer2: Go Aires!

jeffisjeff
11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Especially with all the alumni e-mail reminders! :drama:

I know!

Is there fan voting on this show? If not, then just watching the youtube videos should be sufficient to maintain your alum credibility...

Reuven
11-01-2011, 10:45 PM
That Queen medley was awesome! :cheer2: Go Aires!Michaelís a Portland ME native!! Wheeee!

Aceon6
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Vocal Point to go next unless Afro Blue implodes.

Rogue
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Vocal Point to go next unless Afro Blue implodes.

I can also see Urban Method or Delilah imploding. Both groups have had some great stuff, but have also had some stinkers.

UMBS Go Blue
11-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I know!

Is there fan voting on this show? If not, then just watching the youtube videos should be sufficient to maintain your alum credibility...It is being judged for now, but voting will apparently be introduced for the finale. Just happened to find this from my local alumni association, which has already created gatherings/networking/watch party events through the finale, as placeholders (just to be hopeful, as nobody knows how they really did):

Details for voting will be released at the time of the November 21st episode. Should the Aires make it to the November 21st episode, and then advance to the live finale, America (and more importantly, Dartmouth) can cast up to 10 votes per person, per method. The winners will be announced on the live November 28th Finale episode.

centerstage01
11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I think Vocal Point and Urban Method are one-trick ponies. UM has a great rapper, but their vocalists aren't that strong.

And as for VP, does anyone think a bunch of straight-laced, white Mormon boys are going to sell millions of CD's unless their last names are all Osmond? They're cute, but they're bland. The "aw, shucks" mentality they bring to all their songs will get old fast.

Final Four will be Pentatonix, Delilah, Dartmouth Aires, and Afro Blue.

Aceon6
11-08-2011, 02:20 PM
I can also see Urban Method or Delilah imploding. Both groups have had some great stuff, but have also had some stinkers.

You were right.

To my ears, the only group that nailed both was Pentatonix. I thought the Aires country thing was a train wreck, but their rock was so good it saved them. Sorry to see Delilah go as I thought Afro Blue was just a touch weaker last night that the girls were.

haribobo
11-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Sorry to see Delilah go as they were soooo good when on, but the other groups brought more fun last night. Their country song was just too blah, IMO. Amy was again amazing on Dream On, though. I hope this gives her career a big boost! I'd take Amy over Katy Perry and Gaga any day of the week...

Loved Dartmouth, Pentatonix, and really all the groups this week. They are all so good now.

Was this all filmed over the summer? This week showed a lot of kids going back to school, seems a little strange in November, no? Perhaps they did all but the finale in the summer and are just making the last show live to trick us into thinking it was quasi-live the whole time?

Aceon6
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Was this all filmed over the summer? This week showed a lot of kids going back to school, seems a little strange in November, no? Perhaps they did all but the finale in the summer and are just making the last show live to trick us into thinking it was quasi-live the whole time?

My guess is that the epi we saw last night was taped the week of September 5th. The Aires may have more flexibility than BYU offers.

UMBS Go Blue
11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Was this all filmed over the summer? This week showed a lot of kids going back to school, seems a little strange in November, no? Perhaps they did all but the finale in the summer and are just making the last show live to trick us into thinking it was quasi-live the whole time?Yes to all. :)