PDA

View Full Version : The Sing-Off, Season 3 (US, NBC)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

haribobo
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Plus they (North Shore) really couldn't compete with the others as far as originality goes. Thought they were good but nothing that amazing. All 8 teams that are left deserve to be there and have had some really cool and fantastic performances. The cuts are going to be really tough next week and from there on out.

Rogue
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh, I didn't expect them to win the thing, but I would have liked them to stay on a couple more weeks. I liked them more than Delilah. Right now I expect Delilah and one of the college groups to be the next to go. Not because any of the college groups are bad. It's just that, with 3 of them, the judges are going to want to keep more variety.

haribobo
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Delilah was so amazing when they did Grenade and Whataya Want From Me. Heatwave was kinda silly and last night's What A Feeling was pretty good. I think they are a bit inconsistent but if they have Amy on lead on the right song, its gold.

UMBS Go Blue
10-25-2011, 07:28 AM
:cheer: :cheer2: Hip hop polka swaggah (http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/video/week-6-dartmouth-aires-sing-club-cant-handle-me/1364247) :cheer2: :cheer:

Aceon6
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I think The Collective was the right boot last night. Combo of not gelling and not being there for the right reasons. Yellow Jackets or Vocal Point go next, unless they can perform a miracle and out sing the Aires. Looks like it will be an Aires, Pentatonix final if everyone keeps doing what they've been doing.

Rogue
10-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Pentatonix has definitely been amazing, but then I'm always a sucker for a good bass. I guess that's why I have trouble with the all-girl groups - there's just no way to get that deep bass I love so well. That's what I loved about North Shore as well.

I agree it was The Collective's time to go and that most likely a college group will go next.

centerstage01
10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
My two faves are Afro Blue and Pentatonix. I like Delilah but I'm tired of them turning every song into a power ballad.

star_gazer11
10-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm rooting for Pentatonix. :cheer:

I liked the actual sing-off, but hip hop week left me kind of meh for most of the songs.

LuckyCharm
11-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Anyone watching? Tonite's theme is superstar medlies, and I'm loving it so far. One group will get the boot this week. At this point, my prediction and preference is that it will be Vocal Point.

btw-completely agree with centerstage01's last post.

Satellitegirl
11-01-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm watching :) I loved Delilah's just now. The last 3 have been great. Pentatonics....Dartmouth whatevers, and Delilah. Loved all 3.

LuckyCharm
11-01-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm watching :) I loved Delilah's just now. The last 3 have been great. Pentatonics....Dartmouth whatevers, and Delilah. Loved all 3.

this is the first time I can say I reply loved delilah. dartmouth, just, wow. pentatonix were great as expected. a bit disappointed in Afro blue. agree with Sara that some of the arrangement was so complex that it became awkward. I do think that they have been outstanding enough up to now that they deserve another chance next week. vocal point has never really stood out to me.

Satellitegirl
11-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Bummed the Yellow Jackets are leaving. I liked them :(.

LuckyCharm
11-01-2011, 02:08 AM
missed the jackets performance because I flipped to the trainwreck known as dwts. I've always liked them too. vocal point continues to survive by simply staying under the radar.

Sassafras
11-01-2011, 03:12 AM
This was the first week I liked Delilah. The Dartmouth guys are great. Pentatonix really fills things out well with only five voices.

And Ben Folds reminds me of the snowboarder on the Amazing Race. ;)

There are only two shows with judges that I actually LIKE listening to the critiques - The Voice and The Sing-Off. :respec:

jeffisjeff
11-01-2011, 04:00 AM
:cheer: :cheer2: Hip hop polka swaggah (http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/video/week-6-dartmouth-aires-sing-club-cant-handle-me/1364247) :cheer2: :cheer:

I've never watched The Sing-Off, but I keep getting emails telling me I need to check out The Aires. Thanks for the videos (so I don't actually have to watch the show)! :cheer: