PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Awards Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32

cruisin
09-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Other than Funny Girl and West Side Story, there are not too many musicals I can sit through. Maybe a Doris Day musical, but most of them are bad. Give me my 40's melodramas with Kate and Bette reading someone, Joan as a nobly suffering masochistic clotheshorse, and Barbara Stanwyck capping someone, and I'm happier than Harvey Fierstein at a Crisco convention.

Are you just talking movie musicals?

allezfred
09-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Do they beep her out every time Joan swears on Fashion Police? It would be OK if it was just the odd one here and there, but there were whole sentences I missed last night. And they mosaiced the gun at the end as well.

I kind of feel sorry for Lea Michele. Just her name alone and Joan smells blood. :lol:

I find George Katsodopopoudoupolous a bigger waste of space than either Kelly or Giuliana. Although the Paula Abdul stuff was :rofl:

Bostonfan
09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree about Lea Michelle. It's her Twitter fans that went ape sh*t, not Lea herself. OK, Lea does go OTT on the red carpet, but that doesn't mean she has a gigantic ego in the way that Joan ranted about. And even if she has a slightly overblown ego, I hate to say it but she has the talent to back it up (unlike some other "A" list stars that walk the red carpet)

I loved seeing Nina Garcia on the panel! More Nina! More Nina!

cruisin
09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
And they mosaiced the gun at the end as well.

They did not do that here. Strange, we (the US) are usually more censor happy than Europe. I've never heard the word mosaiced, I assume it is where they pixelate over an offending image.

I agree about Lea Michelle. It's her Twitter fans that went ape sh*t, not Lea herself. OK, Lea does go OTT on the red carpet, but that doesn't mean she has a gigantic ego in the way that Joan ranted about. And even if she has a slightly overblown ego, I hate to say it but she has the talent to back it up (unlike some other "A" list stars that walk the red carpet)

I think Joan goes overboard, but Lea Michelle does too. She really comes across as a bit ego maniacal. Yes, she's talented, but she is trying too hard to prove she's just too wonderful for words.

my little pony
09-21-2011, 03:15 PM
joan's still bitter because she couldnt make melissa happen no matter how much $ she threw at it

Rex
09-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Are you just talking movie musicals?

just musicals...I hate it when people break into song like that.

Beefcake
09-21-2011, 03:42 PM
joan's still bitter because she couldnt make melissa happen no matter how much $ she threw at it
:mad: Just. You. Wait.

Smartass, someday they'll remake Francis the Talking Mule, and after a title change to "Frances ...", Melissa will have her dream role and be on the fast track to SUPERSTARDOM!

IceAlisa
09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Do they beep her out every time Joan swears on Fashion Police? It would be OK if it was just the odd one here and there, but there were whole sentences I missed last night. And they mosaiced the gun at the end as well.

They let us see the gun here. It's the US after all. Did they bleep the Skittle comment?

VIETgrlTerifa
09-21-2011, 05:15 PM
What does Lea Michele do exactly that makes her ego maniacal?

cruisin
09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
What does Lea Michele do exactly that makes her ego maniacal?

It's the over the top posing, the hair tossing, and the glances back to make sure every eye is on her.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
But if she's on the red carpet, then she's probably doing it for the cameras and the crowds in the stands. I mean it is a bit over-the-top but she is from the theatre ;).

my little pony
09-21-2011, 05:20 PM
nothing is more over the top on the red carpet than when beyonce does that stance with one arm over her head, i dont hear joan calling her out

VIETgrlTerifa
09-21-2011, 05:25 PM
just musicals...I hate it when people break into song like that.

I know not everyone enjoys musicals. To me though, musical numbers, when done well, are just one-of-a-kind. They're just like Westerns, Kung-Fu movies, action films, etc. Just replace the gun slinging, high-flying kung-fu, action sequences, etc. with musical numbers.

cruisin
09-21-2011, 05:50 PM
I know not everyone enjoys musicals. To me though, musical numbers, when done well, are just one-of-a-kind. They're just like Westerns, Kung-Fu movies, action films, etc. Just replace the gun slinging, high-flying kung-fu, action sequences, etc. with musical numbers.

I enjoy musicals. I understand that some people think breaking into song is contrived and unnatural. But, as you said, there are many other genres where the plots and sub plots are contrived and don't make sense if you think about it.

Wonder if they'll ever make a movie of Les Miserables. They did a non-musical version, but I'd like to see a musical one. The PBS broadcast Dream Cast performance is wonderful, but it really is not staged. It is long, but I've seen longer movies.

michiruwater
09-21-2011, 06:34 PM
There's actually a movie musical of Les Mis currently in the works.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/

Hugh Jackman might be playing Jean Valjean :D