PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Awards Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32

Veronika
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I hated Julie Bowen's dress...it would've been really nice if it hadn't been cut so low in the front. But she just looked awful in it.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
BTW, I started watching Mildred Pierce last night on HBO Go (and will watch Downtown Abbey thanks to Netflix later on this week) and I have to say that I think it's actually really enjoyable. I actually think it's much better than the Joan Crawford version because the miniseries seems to understand the bigger themes of the material and treat the characters with a lot more respect and depth. Of course it has the luxury of being a miniseries and being made without a production code and having a much better actress than Joan Crawford. Sorry, but Joan Crawford one Golden-era actress that I'm not usually impressed with except when she was getting beat up by Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Anyway, I can see how many might think it's slow or boring, but I love the character development and think every scene (so far) adds something to the atmosphere that Mildred is living in.

Rex
09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I thought Joan in Humoresque ran circles around Mildred Pierce. The latter film? Ann Blyth mopped the screen up with Joan. And that's the only film I can watch Blyth in.

Fergus
09-19-2011, 07:38 PM
I thought Joan in Humoresque ran circles around Mildred Pierce. The latter film? Ann Blyth mopped the screen up with Joan. And that's the only film I can watch Blyth in.

Everytime I catch Ann Blyth in a film, I wanna smack the crap outta her. :mad: :lol:

Rex
09-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Everytime I catch Ann Blyth in a film, I wanna smack the crap outta her. :mad: :lol:

:EVILLE: Especially those awful musicals.

Wyliefan
09-19-2011, 08:26 PM
I wonder if Kyle slept on the couch after not remembering to thank his wife until after the mic had been turned off. :D It was so cute how he was still desperately trying to talk as they went to commercial. Moral of the story: Always, always, ALWAYS write a speech!

Fergus
09-19-2011, 09:40 PM

Just for you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrdX9PTEQTA), Rex! :D

Wyliefan
09-19-2011, 10:31 PM
My education has been sadly neglected. I didn't even know Ann Blyth had done musicals.

Fergus
09-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Kate Winslet is only one Tony Award away from her "EGOT"!

Hey Kate, thousands of Broadway queens are waiting for you! :lol:

Hmmm, what should she do? "The Little Foxes"? She's done Joan, she might as well do Bette, too!

Allen
09-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey Kate, thousands of Broadway queens are waiting for you! :lol:

Hmmm, what should she do? "The Little Foxes"? She's done Joan, she might as well do Bette, too!

Kate on Broadway :swoon:

The Little Foxes would be fab.

She's in the film version of God of Carnage, I would love to see her do the play live. I could also see her killing it in Rabbit Hole.

michiruwater
09-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Girl can sing, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZieXY7eti4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYe-BI66l1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vId_4r925o&feature=related

I lurve Kate.

VALuvsMKwan
09-20-2011, 12:35 AM

Hush now - I love the duet between Ann and Vic Damone to "And This is My Beloved" from "Kismet" (technically a trio because of Howard Keel's singing at the beginning).

Yes, it's simplified from the quartet on stage, I know - but it's still gorgeous when they sing their individual parts and then hit their parallel vocal lines at the very end of the song with the MGM Studio Orchestra in the background. :swoon:

Rex
09-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Just for you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrdX9PTEQTA), Rex! :D

Don't let me find out where you live, Edna...

Hush now - I love the duet between Ann and Vic Damone to "And This is My Beloved" from "Kismet" (technically a trio because of Howard Keel's singing at the beginning).

Yes, it's simplified from the quartet on stage, I know - but it's still gorgeous when they sing their individual parts and then hit their parallel vocal lines at the very end of the song with the MGM Studio Orchestra in the background. :swoon:

UGH....I feel ILL. At least it's better than Betty Grable.

Cachoo
09-20-2011, 03:41 AM
I think I enjoyed this show because I was pleased when the list first came out. Usually I'm so "shocked" that this person or that person or show has been left off but this time I actually liked who/what I saw on that list. And as to the voters: "Downton Abbey" was truly an underdog but a superior production imo. But I was sure they would go totally with "Mildred Pierce." Nice surprise....

VIETgrlTerifa
09-20-2011, 03:55 AM
I think out of all the popular award shows, the Emmys are the ones that come out with the most upsets. I think it's the way they vote for the winners since the voting body has to watch the tape submissions in order to vote, so having to actually see the performances/programs make a big difference in the results (I'm still not sure how its enforced, however).