PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Awards Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32

Nell411
09-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Gwenyth's dress was truly awful on her. You need to have more of a figure to pull it off and not be so fish-like in complexion.

Maybe she was just acknowledging that her nickname is Fishsticks.

Cachoo
09-19-2011, 04:29 AM
I liked the flowy, burgundy dress Jane Lynch wore on the red carpet. I also liked her hair on the rc-- somehow it looked different to me once she was hosting.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-19-2011, 05:12 AM
This was surprisingly a very entertaining and enjoyable show. Oscars seriously need to take note from the Emmys and Tonys in how to entertain an audience and how to pace a show. The Emmys have way more categories and yet still managed to seem like they were ahead of schedule with an hour less air time.

The only real gripes I had were Laura Linney not winning for The Big C and sad about Steve Carrell.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Somehow I suspect Maria Bello's Prime Suspect will not garner her the emmys as the Brit version did for Helen Mirren. :( Too bad, because I loved the British version.

Man Men gets the big prize.

I sort of hope not because I'm holding out hope that Glenn Close and Rose Byrne win Emmys for their amazing performances in season 4 of Damages that just wrapped up next Emmys (and John Goodman or Dylan Baker).

Cyn
09-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Did anyone catch that during the In Memoriam tribute, they didn't acknowledge Jeff Conaway (Bobby from Taxi) or David Nelson (oldest son of Ozzie and Harriett Nelson)?

I couldn't think of who they'd left out, but someone over on TWoP brought it up. Conaway was who I couldn't place; I had no idea that David Nelson died at the beginning of the year.

Bostonfan
09-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Well the TV snobs can poo-poo reality television, but one of it's kings (Mark Burnett) really delivered a well-executed show as a 1st time producer for the Emmys. So kudos to him.

Rex
09-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Gwenyth's dress was truly awful on her. You need to have more of a figure to pull it off and not be so fish-like in complexion.

That was one definitely the best award show I've seen this year, and one of the best I've seen in the past few years. By not trying to be young, going with presenters who could actually present and not trying too hard, it felt a lot less stodgy than the Oscars.

Gwyneth is built so straight up and down, with no curves at all. And she's been wearing the same 'do for a while now too. While I hardly think she is the world-class beauty the fashion mags (and team Paltrow) make her out to be, she is attractive and should make some changes.

cruisin
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Looks I dislike: Heather Morris, Jayma Mays, Amy Poehler, Cat Deeley, Joel McHale, Kerry Washington, Ashton Kutcher (needs to shave and to get a haircut) Elizabeth Moss, Julianna Marguiles and Claire Danes.

I actually liked Claire Dane's dress. The only thing that I didn't love, was that it was pretty much the same dress she wore last year, but in a different color. However, the dress she wore last year looked stunning, so maybe she went with what works.

Amy Poehler's dress was not an ugly dress, but it looked awful on her. It didn't fit. That is the kind of dress that can only be worn by a model, skinny enough to not fill it out. It was so tight that it flattened out her chest and made her look like she had uniboob.

Garden Kitty
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Well the TV snobs can poo-poo reality television, but one of it's kings (Mark Burnett) really delivered a well-executed show as a 1st time producer for the Emmys. So kudos to him.

For one of the categories, they should have let the audience vote the nominees off one at a time until only the winner was left.

MLIS
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm at work rifling through pictures (didn't watch the show), and found one with Melissa McCarthy getting "crowned" by Rob Lowe, with all the other nominees in her category around her. What's up with that? How did they do the presentations - did they have all the nominees stand onstage?!

Yeah, Amy Poehler started it, and it wasn't really clear at first if she was improvising (pretending she thought she won when they were starting to read the nominees) or if it was a planned bit. But all the other nominees followed her up on stage, and they stood in a line holding hands (like a beauty pageant). I still wasn't sure if they had planned it or if everyone else just joined in on Poehler's joke, until they brought out the roses and crown. In this article (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/09/emmys-2011-melissa-mccarthy-basks-in-her-victory.html), Melissa McCarthy says it was Poehler's idea, not surprisingly.

cruisin
09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
For me the highlight of the show was the female lead in comedy. When Amy Poehler got up and all of the actresses followed suit and held hands, al la pageants, I thought that was hysterical. I didn't think it was planned, at first, but then when they crowned Melissa McCarthy and handed her roses, I thought maybe it was planned. What does everyone think?

Skittl1321
09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Definetly planned! But very cute.

Zemgirl
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
For me the highlight of the show was the female lead in comedy. When Amy Poehler got up and all of the actresses followed suit and held hands, al la pageants, I thought that was hysterical. I didn't think it was planned, at first, but then when they crowned Melissa McCarthy and handed her roses, I thought maybe it was planned. What does everyone think?
It was planned (http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20304925_20529497,00.html) - Amy Poehler came up with the idea and apparently they all thought it would be funny.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Amy Poehler always seems to come up with these ideas. One year for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy, she came up with the idea that all of the nominees should wear funny eye-wear.

It sort of makes sense though. Award shows would have much more in common with reality tv than scripted television. Too bad Emmy awards aren't eligible to win Emmy awards unlike other award shows (at least I don't think they are). Anyway, I'm sure television snobs can still safely poo poo reality television considering the type that's out there.

OnyxRose81
09-19-2011, 05:14 PM
The Emmys was a win for me because of FNL! Love that Kyle Chandler is an Emmy winner; he's criminally underrated. I've loved him since Homefront. Also, congrats to Jason Katims for his writing win.