PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72

Era
05-24-2012, 04:26 PM
I was pretty disappointed in the finale. I watched last weeks double episode (which I liked and reminded me of season 1 Glee) but this week as meh. Burt doing Single Ladies for Kurt was made of win, and the first 30 or 40 mins were okay. I really hated:
1) Kurt singing his thank-you to the guys in Glee. Really? It was the girls who supported him the most and who he hung out with.
2) Them praising & singing to Finn? WTH?
3) We got none of the followup reactions etc. from Kurt & Rachel about Kurt not making it instead we got more Finchel--ugh!
4) St. Finn had to make Rachel see the light. It would have been much more satisfying for Rachel to say to Finn during their discussion about chairs that she just wasn't ready for marriage, that they both had a lot of growing up to do and point out to him that he was the one who rushed her and pushed her into the engagement/marriage idea in the first place!
5) the breaking up in the car was made of suck. What is it with Finn & car breakups?
6) I'd have preferred more time spent at the end of episode with the other grads (you know, the ones who are not returning in season 4 maybe, writers?

Because of the way the episode was written, I felt nothing during the break-up scene (Rachel was back to being wimp Rachel-what happened to the Rachel who was desperately stalking Carmen last week for a spot at NYADA????) and Rachel arriving in New York had no payoff, no happiness. Glee season 3 ended for me at Nationals. It was much more emotionally satisfying.
Sorry for the vent everyone. :(

julieann
05-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I was pretty disappointed in the finale. I watched last weeks double episode (which I liked and reminded me of season 1 Glee) but this week as meh. Burt doing Single Ladies for Kurt was made of win, and the first 30 or 40 mins were okay. I really hated:
1) Kurt singing his thank-you to the guys in Glee. Really? It was the girls who supported him the most and who he hung out with.
2) Them praising & singing to Finn? WTH?
3) We got none of the followup reactions etc. from Kurt & Rachel about Kurt not making it instead we got more Finchel--ugh!
4) St. Finn had to make Rachel see the light. It would have been much more satisfying for Rachel to say to Finn during their discussion about chairs that she just wasn't ready for marriage, that they both had a lot of growing up to do and point out to him that he was the one who rushed her and pushed her into the engagement/marriage idea in the first place!
5) the breaking up in the car was made of suck. What is it with Finn & car breakups?
6) I'd have preferred more time spent at the end of episode with the other grads (you know, the ones who are not returning in season 4 maybe, writers?

Because of the way the episode was written, I felt nothing during the break-up scene (Rachel was back to being wimp Rachel-what happened to the Rachel who was desperately stalking Carmen last week for a spot at NYADA????) and Rachel arriving in New York had no payoff, no happiness. Glee season 3 ended for me at Nationals. It was much more emotionally satisfying.
Sorry for the vent everyone. :(

I have to agree with you on everything plus that was probably the worst graduation I have ever seen!

ks1227
05-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Still trying to decide what to think about that finale, mainly because I'm curious about what's going to happen next season given what they've just done with all the graduates. And I wasn't all that thrilled with the song selection, although I thought they did a great job with "You Get What You Give."

But I'm pml that anyone might suddenly expect Glee to be realistic after three seasons (about travel options, graduation letters, graduation order, whatever). :rofl: I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that ANY movie or tv episode with a Chicago location will contain at least one shot of a character driving on Lake Shore Drive in some direction that no one would ever go if getting from a to b in real life. Is this not true for NYC (even if we weren't talking about Glee)?

PRlady
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Try watching Scandal (good show!) and pml-ing about non-existent DC locations. I've lived in DC my entire adult life and Delaware Avenue is NOT a residential street with townhouses on it. It barely exists for more than two blocks, per Wikipedia:

"Residential street in Northeast and Southwest Washington. Along with New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, one of four avenues centered around the Capitol. Has several intermittent segments|one runs in the Southwest Waterfront from (0.6 miles)|a one block-long cul-de-sac north of D Street SW and Washington Avenue SW, and a 0.3 mile stretch between Constitution Avenue NE and Columbus Circle. North of Columbus Circle, the space where Delaware Avenue would have been is occupied by railroad and Red Line tracks, except for one block between L Street NE and M Street NE, where it runs concurrent with 2nd Street NE."

(And now you know why newbies get hopelessly lost driving in DC.)

manleywoman
05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Heh. Those of us in Chicago have to laugh at how ER was filmed with locations. And the movie When Harry Met Sally, I love how they are driving the wrong way down Lake Shore Drive to go from Northwestern University to NYC.

Meh. It's everywhere.

Latte
05-25-2012, 12:51 AM
I thought the music was great.
IN MY LIFE by John Lennon? You didn't like that?????
Just a famous classic, that's all. And IMO one of the best songs ever written!;)

znachki
05-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Try watching anything set in Seattle without at least one obligatory shot of the Space Needle! (and btw - Fraiser's view doesn't exist)

A local director made a cute movie called Expiration Date http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443501/ wherein, even though it was set in Seattle, they tried really hard not to include the Needle. But, they ended up with one shot where it is in the way background. :lol:

Of course, most set in Seattle shows are filmed in Vancouver BC, creating what we call the mystical city of SeaVan.

screech
05-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Okay, first, why were Rachel's dads meeting her in NYC and letting her wander around a strange city all by herself, instead of taking the train with her? And Finn didn't even tell her which hotel they were staying at.

And next - how is Finn now going to be Schue's best man if he's in the army?

I did think they did a really good job with the break up - Lea Michele did a really great job there.

And I loved Quinn and Rachel's moment in the washroom.

Theatregirl1122
05-25-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm a third-gen native and we used to drive into Manhattan daily. (BTW, "NYC" isn't just "Manhattan.")

Yep, I've spent a lot of time in NYC and I am fully aware of this. And I still have no desire to drive to any of the five boroughs. I don't like city driving at all. I won't drive in Boston, I don't really like Worcester, I lived in Ann Arbor for two years and never once drove in Detroit. Give me 100 miles of open high way and I'll be happy.

I will say, I did go to Manhattan on my own when I was Rachel's age. But I was paying attention to all of my stuff, not singing. ;)

walei
05-25-2012, 04:42 AM
LOL read this on another forum and think it's totally true:

I love how people focus on how unrealistic the finale what but praises Mike O'Ma character. Bc you know in the world of realism any parent can walk into the school auditorium, pull 3 students out of class(including their son), pop music through the schools music system, and dance on stage but please go on complaining about the students not being called in alphabetical order while ignoring the above fact. Also ignore for such a largely populated school their graduating class had like 50 kids and unlike all other schools their graduation happended in their small auditorium

Glee is Glee.

Theatregirl1122
05-25-2012, 05:23 AM
There's a difference between suspending your disbelief for Glee magic and suspending your disbelief for bad fact checking. They are totally different things to me.

skatingfan5
05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
There's a difference between suspending your disbelief for Glee magic and suspending your disbelief for bad fact checking. They are totally different things to me.I guess I never thought there would be much need for "fact checking" (especially about things geographic) on a show like GLEE, which has so many fictitious places (not to mention warping of time and space) in it already. So things like non-existent trains or the wrong station for train lines that do exist don't bother me at all. :slinkaway

AshleyN
05-25-2012, 08:09 PM
So things like non-existent trains or the wrong station for train lines that do exist don't bother me at all. :slinkawayHonestly, maybe it's because I've never lived in a city that gets featured in television/movies, but I've never really had a problem with producers taking liberties with geography in general (and lets be real - Glee is far from the only show/movie to do this). I suppose I can get why some people would be bothered with it or find it distracting, but to me it just seems like such a minor issue that I have no problem writing it off as dramatic license.

wickedwitch
05-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Heh. Those of us in Chicago have to laugh at how ER was filmed with locations. And the movie When Harry Met Sally, I love how they are driving the wrong way down Lake Shore Drive to go from Northwestern University to NYC.Harry and Sally came from the University of Chicago and not Northwestern.

berthesghost
05-25-2012, 11:59 PM
I guess I never thought there would be much need for "fact checking" (especially about things geographic) on a show like GLEE, which has so many fictitious places (not to mention warping of time and space) in it already. So things like non-existent trains or the wrong station for train lines that do exist don't bother me at all. :slinkawayTerminus gate is hysterical! It's like watching star trek and freaking out over a left turn toward Saturn, when saturnis right of earth. :lol:

I assume the producers shot her coming out of the lovely GCT doors because they're purty, and the hideous doors of the rat infested urin soaked penn station are butt ugly. That's all.