PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72

FigureSpins
05-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Burt doing Single Ladies dance may be the best moment I have ever seen on TV. EVER.
Well, on its own, I disagree. It would have been creepy without the backstory. Even Burt's narrative didn't do the original scene justice.

However, having seen Kurt's original version, I laughed loudly throughout Burt's entire performance and I liked that he enlisted the help of the two girls to really put on a show.

I get the feeling that Kurt's bf is looking for freedom, lol. There's a difference between worrying about losing a relationship and beating it to death.

DarrellH
05-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Yay! Puck gets to graduate! :cheer:
:D

He had to graduate, or his daughter would be in his classes soon.

Jayar
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I KNOW! You end up at PENN STATION and the reason I know this so well is because I took that train several years ago when we took our youth group kids on a mission trip to NYC. Glee needs someone on it's staff that actually KNOWS THE STATE OF OHIO before I lose my mind and sanity, LOL :rofl:

Or, you could take a train to a bigger station like Cleveland, go to Penn Station, and then take another train to Grand Central. Travel is cool like that.

Theatregirl1122
05-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Or, you could take a train to a bigger station like Cleveland, go to Penn Station, and then take another train to Grand Central. Travel is cool like that.

Why would you take a train from Penn Station to Grand Central station when you were trying to get to Broadway?

Jayar
05-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Why would you take a train from Penn Station to Grand Central station when you were trying to get to Broadway?

I wouldn't. But somebody who isn't familiar with the city might. And the point of that sequence wasn't to have us all analyze Rachel's travel plan. It was to illustrate that (1) She was going to NYC alone to start her adventure with all of her friends happily wishing her well, (2) She was wide-eyed and ready to take on the city, and (3) Finally getting to the city where she dreamed of getting to in order to do what she dreamed of doing. Having been on a very similar journey myself, I think she did a great job of capturing what that feels like.

cruisin
05-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Because it's Glee? :lol:

I just drive :D

Theatregirl1122
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Because it's Glee? :lol:

I just drive :D

Drive? To NYC? I'll just hide in a corner.

Jayar, I understand what the point of the sequence was and I did think Lea did a good job. But if you don't have irritating and easy to avoid inconsistencies, people tend to focus on your point a lot more.

nypanda
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't. But somebody who isn't familiar with the city might.

No way. She'd have to schlep through Penn station and underground to catch a N/R/Q or 1/2/3 to Times Square, then shelp through the rat tunnel to S train. Dude, if she had to get to the east side so bad, Rachel Berry would take a cab! :lol:

And the point of that sequence wasn't to have us all analyze Rachel's travel plan. It was to illustrate that (1) She was going to NYC alone to start her adventure with all of her friends happily wishing her well, (2) She was wide-eyed and ready to take on the city, and (3) Finally getting to the city where she dreamed of getting to in order to do what she dreamed of doing. Having been on a very similar journey myself, I think she did a great job of capturing what that feels like.

Yes, of course. I quite agree. Although I did find it funny that NYC a few weeks after graduation was, apparently, still in the throes of late winter. I guess that was because the dream included the pink Jackie O coat and hat....

DarrellH
05-23-2012, 10:53 PM

Puck was actually dreaming the last part of the show! It was a math question. A train leaves Penn Station, traveling at 60 miles an hour. At this rate...:lol:

cruisin
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM

You'll hide from my driving? :lol: Actually, I'm a very good driver, my husband is the one you'd hide from.

But, seriously, I only live an hour away. When I worked in the city, I took mass transit. But, now, to go in for a play/ballet/museum, we drive. Not worth the hassle of the train. Of course it's much easier now. When I commuted, the trains only went into Penn or Grand Central from Upstate, CT, and central/south Jersey. North jersey, you had to take the train to Hoboken and then the PATH. I had a 2 hour commute, each way!

my little pony
05-24-2012, 01:01 AM
I guess that was because the dream included the pink Jackie O coat and hat....

it reminded me of the opening sequence of That Girl, Ann Marie is still one of my favorite people

judiz
05-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Burt doing Single Ladies dance may be the best moment I have ever seen on TV. EVER.

So great, loved the flashback to Kurt doing Single Ladies, his face really matured over the past three years, you didn't notice watching every week but he had a real baby face the first season.

FigureSpins
05-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I guess that was because the dream included the pink Jackie O coat and hat....

it reminded me of the opening sequence of That Girl, Ann Marie is still one of my favorite people

I also thought it was an homage to That Girl - especially the arrival by train.
Ann Marie was from Brewster, NY, not Lima, Ohio, so she arrived via Metro-North into Grand Central.
Maybe the writers were lazy and used Wikipedia instead of the Amtrak website, snicker.

Weren't her parents supposed to meet her in NYC when she got off the train?

FigureSpins
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM

I'm a third-gen native and we used to drive into Manhattan daily. (BTW, "NYC" isn't just "Manhattan.")

There's nothing like the rush after keeping a taxi in the right lane after he tries to muscle his way over in front of you without signaling. Or changing lanes repeatedly to avoid the out-of-towners and car service that stop randomly. The pedestrians that cross in bulk are fine; it's the dopes that wander out from between parked trucks one at a time that are Darwin candidates.

Although, Hoboken, NJ has far more stupid pedestrians, such as the ninny nannies/mommies who push the stroller into the street without even looking. Yes, pedestrians have the right of way, but if you're walking out from behind a big van, your right of way leads directly to the hospital.

cruisin
05-24-2012, 01:47 PM
^^ :lol: I got the best compliment, one time, when I was driving a male co-worker to a client appointment in the city. He told me I drive like a guy! :lol: I took that to mean I do, exactly what you describe.