PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Theatregirl1122
04-18-2012, 01:31 AM
The Glee writers have abandoned anything resembling writing in favor of motivational speeches.

I don't actually find it to be an improvement over last week but then I don't care at all about Saturday Night Fever. At least there was campy goodness last week. This week is just irritating and dull.

PRlady
04-18-2012, 02:12 AM
I think that was my last episode. It's as if all the writers took Ambien. There's no wit, no storyline, nothing. And the Whitney Houston thing is necrophiliac pimping, plain and simple.

'Bye, Glee.

CarolineL
04-18-2012, 03:24 AM
So you are doing the Bee Gees and need a dude who can sing high and you give solos to Finn, Blaine and Shue? I remember when Kurt used to get the occasional song. You'd think the 'writers' would have realized that he could probably sing most of these songs better than the other guys. Sigh.

So sick of Finchel

Era
04-18-2012, 07:03 AM
So you are doing the Bee Gees and need a dude who can sing high and you give solos to Finn, Blaine and Shue? I remember when Kurt used to get the occasional song. You'd think the 'writers' would have realized that he could probably sing most of these songs better than the other guys. Sigh.

So sick of Finchel

Seriously! Kurt has the perfect voice for those songs and he wouldn't have to be so studio tweaked like Finn, Blaine & Shue. And as I suspected Jesse didn't get to sing. :( Even so Groff's few moments & VA's performance of "Boogie Shoes" was the highlight of the show for me. It at least had energy and was well choreographed.

Also, Finchel is putting me to sleep.

Worst of all, Rachel is now the girl who will sacrifice her lifelong dreams for "her man" if necessary. What a lovely role model they've turned her into. :rolleyes: The writers just don't know how to write females do they? R.I.P Rachel Berry. R.I.P. Glee. I'm done with you both.

manleywoman
04-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I think that was my last episode. It's as if all the writers took Ambien. There's no wit, no storyline, nothing. And the Whitney Houston thing is necrophiliac pimping, plain and simple.

'Bye, Glee.

I think I'm with you. The only thing worth watching is Sue Sylvester.

my little pony
04-18-2012, 04:37 PM
that was so boring although i liked the teen drag queen at the end

finn cant dance or sing and his acting consists of a lot of squinting in the more dramatic scenes. i wonder if finn going to acting school is an inside joke.

Latte
04-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, I thought this was one of the best shows in a long time.
Of course the fact that I am a big BeeGee's fan might have something to do with it.
And Yeah! Finally Alex is on. I thought he was really good. As usual his singing was great and he seems to be a much better actor than either Damian or Samuel.
Hey, I don't think I would want this show doing my music.
First Mercedes does I Will Always Love You and it turns out to be on the week Whitney died, then they do a tribute to the BeeGee's and it airs the week that Robin Gibb just happens to be dying.
Just saying.
This show is turning out to be a jinx!

AshleyN
04-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I just caught up on the last two episodes, and well, they finally did it. Had Rachel agree to abandon her lifelong dreams in favour of her high school loser boyfriend. And then had the audacity to portray it as "growth", as if it somehow makes her a better person. The girl I fell in love with in Season 1 is offically dead.

This. ****ing. Show.

The only other thing of note: Matt Bomer was super charming and funny. Putting him next to Darren Criss for an entire episode did the latter no favours in either the acting or looks departments.

lmarie086
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I just caught up on the last two episodes, and well, they finally did it. Had Rachel agree to abandon her lifelong dreams in favour of her high school loser boyfriend. And then had the audacity to portray it as "growth", as if it somehow makes her a better person. The girl I fell in love with in Season 1 is offically dead.

No. :eek:

I haven't watched in a while, but I was holding out on hope that the writers would wake up and bring back the awesome Rachel; you know, the girl with all the hope, confidence and determination in the world to go along with her talent. Who wouldn't let anyone stand in her way. If she's gone, then I'm done watching. Not even Artie and Mike Chang can bring me back now.

AshleyN
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
No. :eek:

I haven't watched in a while, but I was holding out on hope that the writers would wake up and bring back the awesome Rachel; you know, the girl with all the hope, confidence and determination in the world to go along with her talent. Who wouldn't let anyone stand in her way. If she's gone, then I'm done watching. Not even Artie and Mike Chang can bring me back, now.Yup, she's gone. You know, as much as I enjoyed the singing and dancing and some of the other characters, I'm pretty sure that Rachel was the main reason I got so hooked on this show when it first started. It was so refreshing to see a teenage girl on television with the qualities you listed and who was allowed to be flawed and complex and actually have goals and ambition beyond just getting the boy. Now she's dead and buried and I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to see that as a good thing. It's depressing, really.

I really wish Youtube had the scene from season 1 where she finds out Finn has been playing her to get her back in the Glee club, and reacts by slapping him across the face and informing him that her dreams are bigger than him (it's probably my favourite non-singing Rachel moment ever). But then again, maybe watching that would just make it worse.

AshleyN
04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Oh, and in my depression over that scene in the last episode, I forgot to mention how much I was fuming over the fight between her and Finn at the end of the Bomer episode. Rachel had made it pretty clear to Finn that New York was goal number 1 for her, as a matter of fact IIRC it's what she warned him of before they got back together in the Season 2 finale. But he said he was fine with that, that they could at least date for a year. Later, he says he's going to move to New York with her, he proposes, and she accepts, under the assumption that they'll be going to New York together. Then all of a sudden Puck comes up with some half-baked idea for him and Finn to move to California and start a business, and apparently Rachel is selfish and self-absorbed for not immediately agreeing to drop everything and agree to it.

I mean, if that doesn't summarize this show's stance on female ambition I'm not sure what does. Sure, I suppose it's okay to make plans for your own future, until your man decides that the plan has changed. Then you better be prepared to adapt to whatever the hell he wants.

Like I said: This. ****ing. Show.

HeatherC
04-25-2012, 01:04 AM
I think tonight's episode will only be good for the music. I've given up on the plots all together but dangit, these guys sure can sing some awesome songs. :swoon:

Chele615
04-25-2012, 01:11 AM
They totally had me at "How Will I Know?" That is my all time favorite Whitney song!!

HeatherC
04-25-2012, 01:13 AM
They totally had me at "How Will I Know?" That is my all time favorite Whitney song!!

I loved that one too! That's what they were singing when I was typing up my previous post, LOL :lol:

kylet3
04-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm loving the music tonight! Not much for the plot of course but the music is awesome.