PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

BaileyCatts
04-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Anyone else think the choice of song for the Andersons' final duet was kind of creepy for brothers to be singing? Sounded like they were ex lovers..

I DID!! When I first saw a brief commercial clip of them singing that song, I hadn't realized that was supposed to be his brother. :eek: I'm glad I ain't the only one who thought it was ..... creepy. :slinkaway

kwanatic
04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
What's going on with this show? To be honest, I stopped watching several months ago and haven't really had the desire to pick it back up. IDK what happened but at some point it was no longer drawing me in like it did the first two seasons. I watched the MJ episode hoping to get pulled back in but that was the biggest disappointment EVER. I thought it flat out sucked. Great episodes for Britney and Madonna...but you drop the ball on the Michael freakin' Jackson epsiode?! That was when I stopped watching...

So what's going on now? I'm just curious...from what I know:

Finn and Rachael are engaged or were engaged...

Quinn got in a wreck or something...

And Sue's preggers? What the hell?

Is it just me or are they running out of ideas?

Anyone care to give a quick recap?

michiruwater
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd give you one, but I stopped watching several episodes ago myself. I remember when this show was so exciting and new and I loved it so much and then it just turned into The Suck. And I stuck with it for a while.

And it doubly sucks because this is such an amazingly talented cast. I hope they all find better projects soon.

cruisin
04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
The Sue being pregnant thing is the most bizarre. Who is the father? Was donor sperm?

PRlady
04-13-2012, 04:31 PM
The Sue being pregnant thing is the most bizarre. Who is the father? Was donor sperm?

Yes. But other than the plot points listed above there's not much to report, they don't know what to do with Finn and Rachel other than have them agonize over their future together, and where it will be, and if it's all about her (d'uh) and so on. The other characters haven't had an interesting plot in so long there's nothing interesting to report other than Quinn's accident and will she/won't she be in a wheelchair forever.

my little pony
04-13-2012, 04:40 PM
i'm sure yale has ramps, i dont need to follow quinn's storyline forever

kwanatic
04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
i'm sure yale has ramps, i dont need to follow quinn's storyline forever

LOL! :lol:

Yeah, I kinda gave up on it. The focus of the show got really one dimensional: it was either about Rachael/Finn being all angsty about their relationship or it was about Kurt being gay. Rachael/Finn...Kurt is gay....Rachael/Finn...Kurt is gay...it got really boring really fast. I wanted something to happen with someone else! You'd swear there were only three characters in the damn show!

I wonder what's going to happen to the show once they all graduate? Are they doing spin-offs to follow Kurt and Rachael? Didn't both of them get excepted to the school they wanted? I doubt if they'll follow Quinn anywhere...

I'm guess I'm just over the show...sad. It used to be so good...

Theatregirl1122
04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Anyone else think the choice of song for the Andersons' final duet was kind of creepy for brothers to be singing? Sounded like they were ex lovers.

It sort of works. Blaine always chooses inappropriate songs. Cough Syrup is supposed to be inspirational? Candles when you first get together with the guy you really like? It's a character trait.

No, I used to watch this show because it was good. And then because it was occasionally still good. But they've had like 2-3 good episodes this entire season. Now the good parts tend to be "so bad, it's good" and the bad parts are just terrible.

Era
04-14-2012, 05:40 AM
LOL! :lol:

Yeah, I kinda gave up on it. The focus of the show got really one dimensional: it was either about Rachael/Finn being all angsty about their relationship or it was about Kurt being gay. Rachael/Finn...Kurt is gay....Rachael/Finn...Kurt is gay...it got really boring really fast. I wanted something to happen with someone else! You'd swear there were only three characters in the damn show!

I'm guess I'm just over the show...sad. It used to be so good...

You forgot when it isn't about Rachel/Finn...Kurt is gay...Rachel Finn, it is about Blaine singing yet another song (usually in a key or style not suited for his voice) and making weird facial expressions while singing. Darren sounded good doing "Cough Syrup" but that's the only Blaine song I've liked, and I really have to turn away when he performs.

I like this recapper's blog (http://recappersdelight.blogspot.ca/) (just read her recaps and skip the show) :)

I'm sure they'll underuse Groff's talents when he comes back. If I record it I can just ffwd to his scenes and forget the rest as he won't be given much screen time and they likely won't even have him sing this time.

Glee was a good idea but it's been so poorly executed. I really admired Rachel's drive and ambition in season 1. But apparently Glee thinks women should be punished for that. They ruined her and pretty well all the female characters on this show, while the guys continually get a pass for behaving badly.
I don't even like most of the songs they do now, so there's really no reason to watch.

skategal
04-14-2012, 04:37 PM
It seems like they are reusing all the same story ideas again and again. We already had episodes about Artie's hopes being dashed about walking again...now it's Quinn. Sue had a sister with Down's syndrome and it showed their beautiful in relationship. Now Sue will (potentially) have a daughter with Down's syndrome.

It's like Groundhog day....

They had a great opportunity to do something interesting with the mercedes/sam love story....but didn't develop it any further.

The show needs some new ideas ASAP.

screech
04-16-2012, 02:51 AM
And the one somewhat realistic storyline of the season (Mike's issues with his father) were extremely neatly resolved in two episodes.

We see no issues with Artie and Brittany, though supposedly they were both upset with the breakup (though she did go to Santana pretty quickly, but still!). What about Brittany as class president - has she done anything? Quinn adjusting to living with her mom again - she's been back with her mom for about a year but we never saw anything about it after her mom asked her to come back home. Finn's issues after finding out the truth of his dad? Hell, even Emma and Schue's wedding plans (cause you know she'd be all insane about planning it).

Instead of dealing with the interesting or realistic storylines, it's always Rachel and Finn with about 2 minutes of someone else thrown in with a neat and tidy resolution.

walei
04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Agreed, I'm really tired of the Finn/Rachel storyline now. It seems like the writers are going in circles with these two.

Latte
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
And why did they even bother to hire Damian and Sam when they use them so little.
And mostly in the background at that.

HeatherC
04-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Well the music has been pretty fun tonight but the plot isn't really going very far. I do like that Schue is making Santana, Finn, and Mercedes think about their futures since we haven't heard a lot about their dreams yet. I'm joining the rest of you in wondering where some of the other stories have gone lately though. This show just isn't as good as it used to be and that's sad. The potential was there right from the start. :(

kylet3
04-18-2012, 01:27 AM
There's not much of a story here tonight either, but at least it's improvement over last week.