PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

victoriaheidi
09-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Don't know about last night, but Blaine's last name is Anderson.

As for the Asberger's jokes, it was one of the new characters who claimed she had "self-diagnosed Asperger's" and so she could say whatever she wanted. I've seen the complaints, but I don't think they were mocking Asperger's so much as they were mocking people who don't actually have it but just use it as an excuse to be an asshole (hence the "self-diagnosed" part).

Speaking of which, am I the only one who actually kind of loved Sugar? I thought she was hilarious.

Sugar was probably my favorite scene in the episode! I hope to see more of her.

my little pony
09-21-2011, 06:13 PM
sugar was hysterical

screech
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
My vote is "no spoiler tags". I have never gone into a True Blood thread because I am two years behind everybody else... :(
Dude, you have to catch up, if only for the evolution of Alexander Skarsgard's hair - it changes every season.

When they did the We Got the Beat number, I had to wonder (out loud of course) why the jazz band ensemble don't officially join the club - they're always there and always performing with them (especially guitar guy in that number) - they're basically gleeks.

And I was kind of surprised that Mercedes is dating one of the guys who was a slushie-r in the past.

So based on the end, we know Quinn will re-join at some point. Santana will probably have a change of heart a few episodes in. And was anyone else wishing that Matthew Morrison would have sung the final song with them, because of his Hairspray roots (or if I were Sue, his overly hairsprayed roots).

And Lea's wardrobe was particularly cute this episode.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I remember that. My mother was outraged! I was only 10 or 11, so I was not as emotional over it, at the time. I love Audrey Hepburn, but her voice was dubbed. I think Julie Andrews was robbed on that one.

But we got Mary Poppins out of it, which lead to The Sound of Music after the producers got an early unfinished screening of Mary Poppins to see if Andrews' "look" was right for the camera. I have to say Mary Poppins still holds up as one of my favorite Disney movies ever.

Impromptu
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
And I was kind of surprised that Mercedes is dating one of the guys who was a slushie-r in the past.

She's not. That was a new character, "Marcus" played by Lamarcus Tinker, who was on Friday Night Lights last season.

The slushier is James Earl, and his character's name was "Azimio."

oleada
09-21-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd totally wear Lea's purple and white ensembles in this episode

Allen
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd totally wear Lea's purple and white ensembles in this episode

I feel like the fashions last night in general were really good. I liked a lot of what Kurt was wearing.

PRlady
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I feel like the fashions last night in general were really good. I liked a lot of what Kurt was wearing.

:rofl:

I am so not hag material. I thought everything he wore was hideous and I would have slushied him just for that. :EVILLE:

Loving the new look on Quinn. If I were in HS these days, that would probably be me.

Bostonfan
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
When they did the We Got the Beat number, I had to wonder (out loud of course) why the jazz band ensemble don't officially join the club - they're always there and always performing with them (especially guitar guy in that number) - they're basically gleeks.

I've always wondered if they're meant to be like the silent piano player. There, but not "there" if you know what I mean.

my little pony
09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
are there any schools that let you have hair dyed like that?

michiruwater
09-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Plenty, actually.

screech
09-21-2011, 06:46 PM
I know it's been said many times before, but so many things about the show do not make sense. Like in the cafeteria - in one shot it was just the piano, but 10 seconds later they were singing yet somehow an entire band had moved their equipment in during that time?

And also, did Puck and Zises break up, or has she just decided not to be a gleek anymore?

And how does Sue still have a job? I mean seriously?

And (I keep saying 'and') love that Schuester's replacement for April's play got a Tony. Hee hee.

And (last one, I swear), just like the season finale and Rachel's ignorance over Cats, how could Rachel Berry not know what programs are offered at Juliard? Seriously!

Oh, one more... and when did Emma move in with Will? I'm guessing it's a result of her break up with Carl (and likely no longer having a place to live), but you'd think that Emma would want her own room (at least for now), where she could have things exactly as she wants them.

AshleyN
09-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Forgot to mention this, but "You Can't Stop the Beat" was miles better than any competition number from Season 2. Though I did giggle when I realized that when they finally have another group number with actual choreography, Finn and Puck get stuck in the band.

And (last one, I swear), just like the season finale and Rachel's ignorance over Cats, how could Rachel Berry not know what programs are offered at Juliard? Seriously!Ugh, yes. I really wish they'd stop having her be stupid for the sake of a cheap joke.

jamesy
09-21-2011, 07:09 PM
I am so not hag material. I thought everything he wore was hideous and I would have slushied him just for that. :EVILLE:
Pick up a copy of the "Me and my Hag" pamphlet. :lol:

my little pony
09-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Plenty, actually.

really? it seems like everyone has a dress code now

i'm old and i had to wash the pink out of my hair before school started