PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Fergus
02-15-2012, 02:13 AM
(((Karofsky))) Le sigh, le grand sigh....... :(

Amber was friggin' phenomenal singing "IWALY" :swoon:

Spareoom
02-15-2012, 04:35 AM
Oh goodness, as someone who is a Christian and was homeschooled, I found Samuel's character exactly as I thought it would be; horrifyingly hilarious. It's so bad I just had to laugh. Way to perpetuate the stereotype, lol.

OH. The other reason why I came to post...do NOT NOT NOT read if you do not want spoilers!

So I was trolling a TV news site today, and I found an article that linked to spy pics from filming for the finale. Now, I was under the impression that by "finale" they meant the mid-season finale, which is next week, I believe. I don't think they have actually started filming the season finale.

Anyway, I guess it's generally known that the mid-season finale is going to end on a cliffhanger, and going by the spy pics and location, it appears that the cliffhanger involves a car accident. Hmm, I say. Wonder how THAT is going to turn out.

Also, I was wondering about why they put so much emphasis on Rory's imminent departure even though he stipulated he was not leaving till the end of the school year. Seemed odd that they basically gave him his farewell now, when the season finale is months off. Maybe Damian isn't going to be sticking around as long as they hinted? Just because they extended his episodes doesn't mean he was promised a full season. That could have been smoke and mirrors to distract us.

manhn
02-15-2012, 05:00 AM
I thought Damian was making it up so he could hook up with Sugar.

I thought the best song was Tina and Mike.

And Karofsky is a junior? Maybe in dog years.

PeterG
02-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Also, I was wondering about why they put so much emphasis on Rory's imminent departure even though he stipulated he was not leaving till the end of the school year. Seemed odd that they basically gave him his farewell now, when the season finale is months off.

I didn't see Rory's storyline like this. What gave you the impression that he was given a farewell in tonight's episode?

There was one guy in my grade at high school who was balding and had the biggest bushiest beard. He looked like he was 28. Wiki'ed the cast to find out their ages:

Max Adler (Karofsky) is 26, Lea Michele is 25, Cory Monteith is 29, Amber Riley is 26, Dianna Agron (Quinn) is 25, Mark Salling (Puck) is 29, Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina) is 25, Heather Morris (Brittany) is 25, Naya Rivera (Santana) is 25, Harry Shum, Jr. (Mike) is 29 and Darren Criss (Blaine) is 25.

Only Chris Colfer (21) and Kevin McHale (Artie, 23) are under 25 years of age.

icecat
02-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Best line of the night was Rachel, right after announcing that she and Finn were getting married "and we're registered at Samuel French!" almost snorted Diet Pepsi out my nose! Just too perfect.

RockTheTassel
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM

I think he was a junior last year since he was the junior prom king.

Rachel's dads were awesome. :rofl: I thought it was strange that Finn's and Rachel's parents were both totally accepting of the engagement, so I'm glad it was just an act in hopes that the two would come to their senses on their own.

Oh goodness, as someone who is a Christian and was homeschooled, I found Samuel's character exactly as I thought it would be; horrifyingly hilarious. It's so bad I just had to laugh. Way to perpetuate the stereotype, lol.

I had to laugh at Samuel's character too since I was homeschooled and grew up in a religous household. I loved the lines about his mom being his best friend and only listening to Talk Radio. It's not too far off some of the hippie religious homeschooled kids I knew.

MarieM
02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Ok so considering the messages of Damian on his facebook, I fear he will not make it another season :( booooo :(
I loved Samuel's character but I don't know what it'll bring the show to be honest. Well who cares about the storylines anyway :) It's GLEE ! :)

BaileyCatts
02-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Okay, someone explain something to me. Everyone seems to think the Karofsky thing was sweet and such a perfect story, but I was thinking the whole time it was creepy! :eek: I mean the dude tormented the hell outta Kurt, physically harmed him, and threatened to kill him! Now he's in love with him and everyone gets that? I don't get that storyline at all, so what am I missing? I was thinking while watching it that he was doing something to set Kurt up to get the crap beat outta him or something, and that seems to not be the case. So what don't I get? :shuffle:

MarieM
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
It's Glee. You don't have to worry, they'll forget what they're at as soon as possible :)

BaileyCatts
02-15-2012, 09:17 AM
^^ :duh: Silly me. I forgots dat part. Thank u. :lol:

Christina
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm all for forgetting about continuity with Glee, but WTF with Sue trying to get pregnant. One of her best lines about having children was she doesn't have the time, patience or uterus. And once she offered Wil vitamins that help when menstruating, and when he said he doesn't, she added "neither do I."

Fergus
02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Okay, someone explain something to me. Everyone seems to think the Karofsky thing was sweet and such a perfect story, but I was thinking the whole time it was creepy! :eek: I mean the dude tormented the hell outta Kurt, physically harmed him, and threatened to kill him! Now he's in love with him and everyone gets that? I don't get that storyline at all, so what am I missing? I was thinking while watching it that he was doing something to set Kurt up to get the crap beat outta him or something, and that seems to not be the case. So what don't I get? :shuffle:

IMHO, nothing is worse than finally accepting yourself, but still facing intolerance from the world you have to exist in every single day. We saw the physical manifestation of this while Kurt and David were both students together at MnKinley. Now, for the latter at least, the tables have turned.

Kurt is a good person for being able to forgive David's abuse, but he's even better for understanding that his former tormentor is going through his own silent torment every second of the day. Once, Karofsky expressed this through violence, now he's trying to connect through what he perceives to be a romantic attraction. Both have proved to be the wrong thing to do.

The frustration of leading essentially a double life and not having anyone with which to talk about it can create a crushing sense of low-self worth, something many many LGBTQ young people face at some point before (and many times continuing after!) fully coming out.

It doesn't excuse David's behavior at McKinley, but the new dynamic says alot about the characters themselves and about their potential for being well-adjusted adult gay men.

Just my $.02. ;) And I'm a sucker for a bear cub with a sad face. :(

genevieve
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I didn't even realize that last night's ep would FINALLY bring Samuel to the show. I'd almost forgotten, to be honest, as I've really enjoyed Rory. I wish that he would be made a permanent member of the cast. He adds way more than Sam does.

The Dads were fun.

Sugar and the boys were awesome. Love Shack was great - but Chris Colfer does a way better Fred Schneider than Darren Criss.

I wish they would do fewer numbers that are current (or within the last 2 years) hits. "Teenage Dream" was fab, but for everyone of those we also get a "Stereo Love" or whatever it's called. That's just a crap song. And Artie and his "uh!" exhortations are :scream:

Spareoom
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I didn't see Rory's storyline like this. What gave you the impression that he was given a farewell in tonight's episode?

Because Glee is about as subtle as a bulldozer? If Rory was given all the right ingredients that usually indicate an imminate departure (visa expiring, singing a song about going home, for goodness sake), rest be assured they aren't just setting up something that's going to happen seven eps down the road. Sheesh, they don't even keep major storylines alive for that long, let alone something like this, lol.

Sadly I think Damien's days are numbered.

DarrellH
02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
To me, it was set up to look like Damien lied to win the date with Sugar. It was the way he looked surprised about her offer to get her Dad to help with the visa.