PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

walei
12-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Although using trashy Housewives does sound like a shark jumping decision, I will reserve my comments until I see Nene Leakes. I can totally see her duke it out with Sue and out-diva Santana/Mercedes. Could be funny.

manhn
12-23-2011, 05:34 AM
I don't know who Nene Leakes is and I have never seen an episode of those Housewives shows (although I know of those shows), I suppose wacky Nene could be a judge. Regionals should be in the next 4-5 episodes (assuming Nationals is the finale). They usually stunt cast the judges.

VIETgrlTerifa
12-23-2011, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't mind Nene if she played herself the way Olivia Netwon-John and Josh Groban played an exaggerated version of themselves on the first season of Glee.

screech
12-23-2011, 06:17 AM
If they're bringing in big guest stars, I vote for bringing back Victor Garber. IMO it's a crime that in his episode as Will's father they didn't have him sing a single song. I want him and Will to duet on "All For the Best" from Godspell!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnIW-eIAJxE)

But seriously - he's met her parents (bitching about it having not happened until it did) - we should see her meet his, dammit!

VIETgrlTerifa
12-23-2011, 07:57 AM
^ Let's not forget Deborah Monk who played Will's mother.

soxxy
01-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Glee won't get spin-off:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2012/01/lea-michele-chris-colfer-wont-be-getting-glee-spin-off-will-return-next-season.html

Latte
01-12-2012, 01:28 AM
The above site is not available.
So what did it say? Are they not leaving the show?

soxxy
01-12-2012, 01:36 AM
The above site is not available.
So what did it say? Are they not leaving the show?

I just tried the link again now, and it's working for me, but here's a quote:

Well, the verdict is in: "There will not be a Glee spinoff," Fox Entertainment chief Kevin Reilly said definitively Sunday at his network's portion of the semi-annual TV Critics Association press tour. However, Michele, Colfer, et al., "are graduating," Reilly says. So they're leaving the show? Probably not.

RockTheTassel
01-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Finn can easily stay around Lima after graduation, but I hope the writers don't find lame excuses to keep Rachel and Kurt there. :blah: They should show them in NYADA/some performing arts school/trying to make it in New York or not at all.

AshleyN
01-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Finn can easily stay around Lima after graduation, but I hope the writers don't find lame excuses to keep Rachel and Kurt there. :blah: They should show them in NYADA/some performing arts school/trying to make it in New York or not at all.Honestly, there's no possible explanation I can think of for Rachel not bolting Lima after graduation that doesn't completely go against everything that defines her as a character. And so help me, if they have her stay behind in order to be with Finn I'm going to hurt someone, preferably Ryan Murphy. Not because of the Finchel thing, but because the idea of having her give up her dreams and ambition over a boy is horrifying to me.

Personally, I was kind of hoping to see the actors that I really like (Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, and Naya Rivera in particular) leave anyway, just because Glee is a sinking ship right now*, and I don't want them to get dragged down with it.

*The ratings have taken a nosedive in the last year or so and the critics and a big portion of the fanbase have turned on it completely.

vesperholly
01-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Personally, I was kind of hoping to see the actors that I really like (Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, and Naya Rivera in particular) leave anyway, just because Glee is a sinking ship right now*, and I don't want them to get dragged down with it.

*The ratings have taken a nosedive in the last year or so and the critics and a big portion of the fanbase have turned on it completely.

Agreed. I was a huge fan from early on in season 1, and after what they've done with the characters and storylines ... :rolleyes: :slinkaway

By giving an unqualified no to a spinoff, I think they're missing out on what may be the only way to "save" Glee. Probably because it was a fan/critic driven idea, and not the brainchild of HRH, the Duke of Ego, Ryan Murphy, it'll never go anywhere. Too bad.

Theatregirl1122
01-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Or because the network isn't interested in doing a spin off of a show that is tanking.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-13-2012, 03:07 AM
Although things sound dire, I wonder if the number of Glee watchers have finally hit a realistic number after a huge amount of media attention and hype.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/fall-ratings-why-glee-so-down-33444?page=0,0

I mean it sounds like it went from being a phenomenon to just being a hit show. I think most shows would love to have Glee's present numbers, even though the drop is scary in that it might mean Glee will drop further.

Also, critics have always been pretty divided on this show, but I think people started turning their backs on it in season 2 where it went from a show that was proud to be what it was (Rolling Stone said something like "you don't know who Kristin Chenoweth is? Glee doesn't care."), and then all of a sudden it became a massive hit for mainstream audiences (families and tweens), so it almost became a bit sanitized and melodramatic despite some of the themes of the episodes.

MarieM
01-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Ryan Murphy ruined his own show by not thinking twice about the writing after the first 13 episodes.

I HOPE he won't do the same to American Horror History !!!

Bostonfan
01-13-2012, 01:24 PM
I just read in the new issue of EW is that FOX confirmed at some Tv critics event that there will be a storyline that keeps Rachel and "others" for the next season. Oy. They will graduate according to the article.