PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

DarrellH
12-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Big Bang Theory does good Christmas episodes.

dramagrrl
12-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Slightly OT, but The West Wing had terrific Christmas episodes. "In Excelsis Deo" is still one of the best episodes in the entire series.
Every Christmas episode for the first three seasons of The West Wing led various cast members to Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actor - Richard Schiff won for "In Excelsis Deo" in Season 1, Brad Whitford for the absolutely stunning "Noel" in Season 2, and John Spencer for "Bartlet for America" in Season 3. The Christmas episodes on TWW also won multiple other Emmys and Golden Globes for writing, cinematography, etc.

AshleyN
12-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Every Christmas episode for the first three seasons of The West Wing led various cast members to Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actor - Richard Schiff won for "In Excelsis Deo" in Season 1, Brad Whitford for the absolutely stunning "Noel" in Season 2, and John Spencer for "Bartlet for America" in Season 3. The Christmas episodes on TWW also won multiple other Emmys and Golden Globes for writing, cinematography, etc.Yup - Sorkin was always at his best at Christmas, which frankly, is really saying something. Years later and this scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqLIH2UiPXg&feature=related) still gives me chills, while this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJ6yqQRAQs) gives me the warm fuzzies.

Another weird fact: out of the bajillion Emmys The West Wing won during it's run, only one was for writing - for "In Excelsis Deo". Well, not weird because it won - along with "In the Shadow of Two Gunman", it might be my favourite episode of the whole series - but because out of the many things that made that show amazing, I would think the writing would be at the top of the list.

Theatregirl1122
12-17-2011, 12:33 AM
"Do They Know It's Christmas" is quite possibly the worst Christmas song ever written. It's like Privilage: the musical.

This episode was all fluff. I didn't like it particularly much but it didn't bother me. I do want to know where the sudden supply of amazing dresses came from for Rachel and where I can get my own.

I wonder if they will ever think of a plot line for Rory that doesn't seem shoehorned in.

PeterG
12-17-2011, 02:14 AM
"Do They Know It's Christmas" is quite possibly the worst Christmas song ever written.

:revenge:

:lynch:

RockTheTassel
12-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Big Bang Theory does good Christmas episodes.

Totally agree. The one where Penny gives Sheldon the napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy and then accepts his awkward hug is one of the best moments on that show.

PRlady
12-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Thanks a lot, guys. I followed the links and now I really, truly miss West Wing. Now that was a television show.

Cachoo
12-17-2011, 04:20 AM
Thanks a lot, guys. I followed the links and now I really, truly miss West Wing. Now that was a television show.

^This^

screech
12-17-2011, 04:42 AM
After decorating the music room's Xmas tree, didn't they say they blew their entire decorating budget for the year? Yet shortly afterwards Rachel is singing on the auditorium stage with tons of lit up trees and fake snowfall. Jeez, they can't even have any continuity in the same 10 minutes!

PeterG
12-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Ricky Martin Episode To Air Late January (http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/glee-ricky-martin-season-3/)

Iím told Martinís scalding instructor will headline two big musical numbers in the episode, which is slated to air in late January.

After wrapping Glee, Martin is off to New York to begin rehearsals for his role as Che in the Broadway revival of Evita (opening in April 2012).

:swoon:

nerdycool
12-17-2011, 05:18 AM
After decorating the music room's Xmas tree, didn't they say they blew their entire decorating budget for the year? Yet shortly afterwards Rachel is singing on the auditorium stage with tons of lit up trees and fake snowfall. Jeez, they can't even have any continuity in the same 10 minutes!But I remember the forest on the stage last year. So perhaps they're actually reusing something?

RockTheTassel
12-17-2011, 05:24 AM
Oh, the Glee budget has always been absurd. Remember that Singin' in the Rain/Umbrella number they did with all the water on stage? They're constantly doing stuff that would never be realistic for a high school Glee club budget.

VIETgrlTerifa
12-19-2011, 07:03 AM
I didn't mind this episode, but I preferred last year's Christmas Special.

I also agree that I think Mr. Schue seriously needs a storyline (a much better one than the lame last minute one of last year with a wasted Kristin Chenoweth). I think what made season 1 work was that Matthew Morrison had much more material to work with, so it felt like he was actually part of the show. Now, he just shows up except for a few episodes where they give him a story arc then push him aside again.

We'll see what happens though as the season is only halfway done and almost every network show has to do filler episodes in-between the good/great/excellent ones.

BTW, I'm in the minority because despite it taking a lot of time away from the plot and shilling for the Christmas album, I absolutely loved the Christmas Special. It was totally in the spirit to those old cheesy specials and Lea Michele and Chris Colfer absolutely understood it. They were by far the best in the special.

Angela-Fan
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm watching it on Hulu right now..what..the..heck...:confused: :lol: Really weird.

Angela-Fan
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
oo songs from The sound of music! The episode just got a little better :)