PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

dramagrrl
12-10-2011, 11:18 PM
That's weird considering how much Rory seems to be loathed by Glee fans and how he has mostly been relegated to the background since the leprechaun episode. He also was the only member of ND who did not get a solo line in the sectionals' medley.

It's odd considering how favorable the comments about Lindsay have been by comparison. I hope she gets added in a more significant role next year.
I think it's mostly the online Glee community that dislike Rory as a character. Most of the teenaged girls I know who watch the show think he's adorable, and there are probably a lot more of that type of fan than there are the hardcore type that post their opinions on online forums. Also, he apparently has a much bigger role (including a solo) in the upcoming Christmas episode.

Most casual fans who didn't watch The Glee Project seem to have barely registered Lindsay's presence, IMO. I do think the line about Harmony being "only a sophomore" was a dead giveaway that Ryan Murphy is thinking of bringing Lindsay back next season, though.

Latte
12-10-2011, 11:41 PM
I hope they do bring Harmony/Lindsay back. She just lights up the screen and has a great voice. Unlike Damian, she has extensive acting experience and would have a lot to give to the show.
From what I have read, they are holding Damian back this season and giving the exiting seniors all the script time.
Next year we will see a lot of new people.
Who are not graduating and will be back next year? I don't know who are underclassmen.
Alex is still a senior in Mass. so I am thinking he may not do his 2 eppies until next year, unless he films them during Christmas vacation.
Sam has already started filming his eppies, but, I don't know when they will be on. Has to be soon.

dramagrrl
12-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Who are not graduating and will be back next year? I don't know who are underclassmen.
Artie and Tina are juniors, so they won't be graduating this year. Nor will Blaine (also said to be a junior at the start of this season), and I believe Sam was supposed to be younger than the rest as well, so they'll likely keep him around. I don't think they've mentioned whether Sugar is a senior, but I'm sure they're leaving that open for the possibility of bringing her character back if they want to.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Brittany by having her fail (or do something "dumb" by not understanding that college applications have to be mailed or something typically Brittany-esque like that), and they've left the door open for Rory and Harmony to both be around next year. I'm sure they'll do the same with Samuel and Alex's characters.

Jayar
12-11-2011, 05:47 AM
I thought Sugar was a sophomore. Is Mercedes a
Junior? And I thought Sam was identified as a senior. Would have to be 18 to strip.

allezfred
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Would have to be 18 to strip.

I hadn't thought about that. :lol:

judiz
12-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I thought Sugar was a sophomore. Is Mercedes a
Junior? And I thought Sam was identified as a senior. Would have to be 18 to strip.

From the conversation Sam had with his parents, I go the impression he dropped out of school so he could work full time. He may not have enough credits to graduate in June.

Latte
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Didn't Chord/Sam quit as a regular player? Isn't he a guest star now?

nerdycool
12-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't think it was up to him if he came back as a regular. They just didn't sign him, maybe because they didn't have any storylines for him in the first half. I'm not sure if what happened was planned all along, or if the writers realized after they started filming that they needed him.

Theatregirl1122
12-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Would have to be 18 to strip.

Only if glee is obeying the rules of reality, which isn't often. :shuffle:

AshleyN
12-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Didn't Chord/Sam quit as a regular player? Isn't he a guest star now?He was never a regular, he was credited as a guest star all last season. There was a lot of he said/she said over what he was offered for this season, but suffice to say he wasn't offered a role as a regular and turned down whatever it was he did get offered, but clearly someone changed their mind and now he's back.

Harry Shum has been in all but, what, three or four episodes of the show? And he didn't become a regular until this season. Heather Morris and Naya Rivera were also credited as guest stars in the first season, but they were upgraded to regular status in season 2.

Still, it seems weird that he wasn't offered the upgrade. It wasn't like he was just a background player like the three above were when they started - he had storylines and solos and stuff right from the beginning.

RockTheTassel
12-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I never understood the deal with Sam. He was featured throughout all of season two, seemed set up to have more storylines for season three (such as the romance with Mercedes), then dropped completely, and now back. All the random changes are odd.

I was always indifferent to Sam, but I actually enjoyed seeing him back during the last episode. I wonder if he's staying at McKinley for the rest of the season or if he was just back to help ND with sectionals.

vesperholly
12-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Still, it seems weird that he wasn't offered the upgrade. It wasn't like he was just a background player like the three above were when they started - he had storylines and solos and stuff right from the beginning.

It's probably a weird Ryan Murphy thing. That guy is a giant asshat.

MarieM
12-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I loved LOVED LOOOOOOVED that episode. And the "We Are Young" is one of their best song IMO since ... the first episode.
I hope they'll take it back to regionnals or nationals, it's a HIT !

VIETgrlTerifa
12-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Has any of the writers or producers indicated that they are stopping with the original songs? I know those songs, being original, are potential cash cows, but I really hope they are done with that idea.

Cachoo
12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
It's probably a weird Ryan Murphy thing. That guy is a giant asshat.

Some people who are given a bit of power scare me: Ryan is one of them. He takes himself sssssoooo seriously. Note to Ryan: It is a tv show--not the cure for cancer.