PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

all_empty
12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I've loved Lindsay since the "Glee Project" and the sophomore line was very telling. Ryan seemed biased against girls in the competition, but seeing as she's had two big musical numbers (including one in the season premiere) bodes well. She was only "allotted" two episodes as runner-up but I suspect we'll see more of her. I'm probably heading back to the "Glee" set in January and will let you know if I get any updates, especially on Alex and Sam.

vesperholly
12-07-2011, 09:33 AM
OMG, Janet Jackson's "Control"! :swoon: One of my favorite songs of all time. It made a very, very big impression on me as a kid. I would love to hear an Kevin McHale-only version of Man in the Mirror. Please cover it on your first solo album, Kevin.

I have a very random love for Tina, so I was happy to see her get a solo, but her voice doesn't blend very well with Kurt. She's looking thinner these days, but not in a scary way. Mercedes should always wear her hair in that half-up style, she looked gorgeous.

Thank god Quinn's lame storyline is over. Hated that bit.

Extremely petty quibble: Can they stop with the hair grease for Blaine? It looks gross.

Bostonfan
12-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I was impressed with Lindsay but I thought the performance was one soloist and a bunch of dancers. It didn't have a "choir" feel to me. In that performance she made me think of the Hollywood of the 30's, 40's and 50's when musicals were so popular. She has that look.

Yeah, but remember that we didn't see the full competition for time reasons. The blueprint for these GLEE competitions are 3 songs. In New Directions history, the trio of songs always starts with a soloist (i.e. Rachel's "Don't Rain on My Parade", "Get it Right"), followed by 2 group numbers.

ETA: Ah, others pointed this out. I didn't finish reading the thread.

Remember the innocence of the 1st sectional? Their competition was a deaf group and booty-shaking, hairography loving delinquents. Oh the memories...

Erin
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I just realized that Puck has made out with Rachel on several occasions and slept with her mom. Ewww.

walei
12-07-2011, 02:42 PM
LOVED the episode especially ND's performance.

Also I just want to say, TINA was GLORIOUS in ABC.

AshleyN
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
You know, as much as I liked that closing number, and as much as I enjoy their voices, the more I think about it the more annoyed I am that Mercedes and Santana are guaranteed their own number in every upcoming competition, while the New Directions members who actually, you know, won the competition are guaranteed squat. I think I would have liked it a lot more if the agreement had been that they'd hold auditions for lead parts from now on.

lmarie086
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
So much better than last week's episode! And I even liked nearly all of the musical numbers. Tina sounded fantastic in ABC, I hope she gets more solos!

:swoon: I'm so happy they did a Fun song. I love We Are Young, and they did an amazing cover, I've been listening on repeat. AshleyN, ITA that it had a little something that reminded me of Season 1. Also, Mercedes sounded beautiful, I think the time with the Trouble Tones was wonderful for her. I've always thought she had a good voice, but I think she's improved.

And thank God Quinn's little storyline is over. Quinn could have been so much more as a character, I think the Yale idea is a fantastic way to get her back to where she should have been.

Also, did anyone else notice? No Sue this episode.

ETA: Mike Chang :swoon: And Artie.

Cachoo
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but remember that we didn't see the full competition for time reasons. The blueprint for these GLEE competitions are 3 songs. In New Directions history, the trio of songs always starts with a soloist (i.e. Rachel's "Don't Rain on My Parade", "Get it Right"), followed by 2 group numbers.

ETA: Ah, others pointed this out. I didn't finish reading the thread.

Remember the innocence of the 1st sectional? Their competition was a deaf group and booty-shaking, hairography loving delinquents. Oh the memories...

You're right and I didn't read enough either. I know PR Lady and my little pony and I love Santana but I have a question about Mercedes: Does she look smaller to you? I like her heavy, tiny whatever but she looks different to me.

DarrellH
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
There were more than 4 members of the Trouble Tones...what happened to the rest? Are they the Professor and Mary Ann of this show?

PRlady
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
There were more than 4 members of the Trouble Tones...what happened to the rest? Are they the Professor and Mary Ann of this show?

Worse, they're the redshirts on Star Trek.

dancinsk8
12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Any SYTYCD fan's on this thread? Did you notice Robert and Kent (?) in Lindsay/Harmony's numbers? I think there was also a brunette dancer (mostly in the center) in the Troubletones that I believe was also on SYTYCD... Glad to see the dancers get some gigs!

vesperholly
12-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Any SYTYCD fan's on this thread? Did you notice Robert and Kent (?) in Lindsay/Harmony's numbers? I think there was also a brunette dancer (mostly in the center) in the Troubletones that I believe was also on SYTYCD... Glad to see the dancers get some gigs!

How ironic that Mike Chang aspires to be a backup dancer :lol:

AshleyN
12-08-2011, 05:40 PM
According to Entertainment Weekly (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/08/glee-scoop-pitbull-exclusive/#disqus_thread), Glee is FINALLY looking to cast Rachel's dads. All I can say is, it's about damn time, and they better remember that one of her dads is black.

Also, reading over the whole article, LOL at Ryan Murphy's "no stunt-casting" promise. It's a good thing I stopped believing anything he says ages ago.

my little pony
12-08-2011, 05:48 PM
in my head, her dads are taye diggs and jonathan silverman

PRlady
12-08-2011, 07:01 PM
in my head, her dads are taye diggs and jonathan silverman

Isn't Taye Idina's husband? Makes for a cozy set.

If it can't be him I'll take Deodorant Prince Guy On the White Horse.