PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

AshleyN
12-07-2011, 02:09 AM
This episode was approximately 439x better than last week.

And yes, that closing number was fab.

PRlady
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM
I wanted to see more than one Trouble Tones song, though. Santana and Mercedes are my favorite female singers on the show...

Rachel has the best voice, but Naya and Amber are also quite good. I'm tired of Rachel's show tunes and I totally loved the TT survivor mashup -- the Jackson songs not so much.

And I agree the whole episode was better than last week's. But what the hell is with Saint Finn these days? Is his career plan to become someone so godawfully sanctimoniously good that he'll enter the priesthood?

Latte
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Anyone else raise an eyebrow at Lindsay (don't know her character's name) explicitly mentioning that she's a sophomore?

Possibly setting her up as Rachel's replacement?

Wasn't Lindsay great!:D And I think her name on the show is Harmony. Yeah I caught that too, I thought she was supposed to be a senior?
I guess they have changed their minds and decided to bring her back next year? I hope they do, she is a pretty good actress and looks great on screen.
I see Damian/Rory appeared more in this eppie. No solo, but a lot of more visual time. Ryan likes him a lot and so do the other members of the cast.
I think he will be back next year when the others leave.
NOW, bring on Samuel and Alex, I can't wait.:cool:
And I'm still lobbying for Hannah!

nerdycool
12-07-2011, 02:29 AM
For those of you in the know, why did the creators even go down this storyline? Was there a lot viewer disgruntledness the last few years over the complete screwing over Santana & Mercedes so that Rachel Berry can sing. every. single. time? Or am I just projecting? :oI'm not in the know, but I'm assuming the writers created a separate group so that Idina would have a reason to be featured regularly.

skipaway
12-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Spam post and links deleted

I'll have to go back and review Glee..I missed the Mulberry's at Sectionals.

dramagrrl
12-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Oooh, that was a lovely ending song!

It's totally cheesy to have them come back together again, but I guess, the Troubletones ran their course. For those of you in the know, why did the creators even go down this storyline? Was there a lot viewer disgruntledness the last few years over the complete screwing over Santana & Mercedes so that Rachel Berry can sing. every. single. time? Or am I just projecting? :o
I haven't read anything that said this explicitly, but my guess was that the Troubletones storyline came about pretty much solely to give Idina Menzel a reason to return and be at McKinley on a day-to-day basis in a logical manner.

"We Are Young" is my favourite number of the season by far. (The Adele mashup is the only other song I've really listened to from Season 3, while I listen to 3/4s of the songlist from all of S1 and S2 continuously.) People complained incessantly about all the Finn/Rachel-led group numbers in S1, but they were my favourites, and I think the strongest (see Don't Stop Believin', Somebody to Love, One, Faithfully, etc.).

screech
12-07-2011, 04:26 AM
I think ABC is among my favourite performances that Glee has had to date. And Harry sounded amazing! I usually don't like Tina's voice (find it a bit too 'baby'-ish) but thought it worked well with ABC.

Was the Troubletones choreography purposefully absolutely terrible? Because that was absolutely wretched!! The voices weren't bad but I would have had them in 3rd by far out of the 3 teams.

dramagrrl
12-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Was the Troubletones choreography purposefully absolutely terrible? Because that was absolutely wretched!! The voices weren't bad but I would have had them in 3rd by far out of the 3 teams.
Aside from the fact that Harmony's "choir" essentially danced in the background while she sang a solo? ;)

Cachoo
12-07-2011, 04:48 AM
I was impressed with Lindsay but I thought the performance was one soloist and a bunch of dancers. It didn't have a "choir" feel to me. In that performance she made me think of the Hollywood of the 30's, 40's and 50's when musicals were so popular. She has that look.

Kasey
12-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Gotta admit, when Finn started out on "Man in the Mirror" I had misgivings; thank god it wasn't a Finn-solo(TM) of sad and epic proportions (as in pretty much every Finn solo). Really a nice ep, and well done on the Jackson songs (as well as the diva-thon that was Mercedes and Santana)

Spareoom
12-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Aside from the fact that Harmony's "choir" essentially danced in the background while she sang a solo? ;)

What, not like ND has ever done anything like that, eh? ;) "Don't Rain on my Parade" ring a bell? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl75wWQwwfU

The group doesn't even SHOW UP until two minutes into the performance, and then I don't see them even dancing or singing. ;)

dramagrrl
12-07-2011, 04:54 AM
What, not like ND has ever done anything like that, eh? ;) "Don't Rain on my Parade" ring a bell? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl75wWQwwfU

The group doesn't even SHOW UP until two minutes into the performance, and then I don't see them even dancing or singing. ;)
Except that they clearly said that "Don't Rain..." was supposed to be a solo. It was done in place of the solo they'd originally planned, which was supposed to be Mercedes singing "I'm Telling You I'm Not Going". The group number for ND that year was "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

On the other hand, Harmony's choir (and Vocal Adrenaline in the past) seem to be shown doing "group numbers", when they're essentially one soloist (Jesse and Sunshine, in the case of VA) and a lot of dancing.

manhn
12-07-2011, 05:11 AM
They should totally make Joy Luck Club a musical.

screech
12-07-2011, 05:13 AM

That's more than what Rachel's big solo was in season 1 with her singing all by herself on the stage until everyone else appeared near the end. We didn't get to see Harmony's choir's other two songs, so really it wasn't any worse than New Directions in season 1.

AshleyN
12-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Apparently I'm not the only one who can't stop listening to "We Are Young" - it's already number 1 on iTunes. Probably my favourite song of the season - the performance kind of reminded me of something from the first season.