PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

AshleyN
12-02-2011, 02:07 AM
You and I might be the only Santana-lovers here. :lol:I've always really liked Santana (and I love Naya), I've just been bothered by how over-the-top awful they've gone with her in a few episodes this season. I prefer her as a funny bitch to a flat out bitch-bitch.

Also, it annoys me that she rarely faces any consequences for her awfulness to other people.

my little pony
12-02-2011, 02:10 AM
i like santana. imo she is the prettiest. :slinkaway

nerdycool
12-02-2011, 02:11 AM
I've always really liked Santana (and I love Naya), I've just been bothered by how over-the-top awful they've gone with her in a few episodes this season. I prefer her as a funny bitch to a flat out bitch-bitch.This. I used to really like her, but then they started doing the exact same thing they did with Sue... hilarious one-liners and just snarky in general at first, but the more popular they become, their storylines become vindictive against something in particular and so mean that their one-liners aren't really that funny anymore.

manhn
12-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Another character who never gets any lines is is Sugar Motta. However, I loved that at the end of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, she randomly embraces Mercedes (loved Mercedes' WTF look).

RockTheTassel
12-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Another character who never gets any lines is is Sugar Motta. However, I loved that at the end of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, she randomly embraces Mercedes (loved Mercedes' WTF look).

I thought Sugar was hilarious in this episode, even though she didn't have lines. I hope they keep her exactly how she is - small, randomly funny doses. I'd hate to see her become over the top and annoying, like Sue, Santana, and Brittany all have.

Rachel trying to rig the election was an interesting twist, but I'm really disappointed that she won't be singing at sectionals. :( I'm still holding out hope that we'll see her and Kurt in New York together next season.

AshleyN
12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
If anyone's interested, here's Lea singing Auld Lang Syne (http://123what.tumblr.com/post/13623948828/christangerine-queen-leas-full-length-new) for the soundtrack to New Year's Eve. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm about 99% sure this is the only good thing that will come from this movie. I'm still trying to decide if my girlcrush is enough to get me to see it.

Erin
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Rachel trying to rig the election was an interesting twist, but I'm really disappointed that she won't be singing at sectionals. :(

Rachel not singing at sectionals isn't exactly a new twist either. She didn't sing at last year's sectionals, except in the background. Now I guess they weren't competing against the Troubletones and hadn't lost a bunch of their other members last year, so maybe New Directions needs Rachel more this year than last year. But my first thought when I saw that scene was "two years of sectionals with no Rachel?"

AshleyN
12-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm not really surprised, or bothered, about them not having her sing at Sectionals. I think, like last year, it's more about the writers giving others a chance to solo at a competition before she takes the spotlight in the later ones*. There's no way in hell Rachel isn't going to be front and center at Nationals, especially considering the fact that she's graduating this year. Personally, I really, really to see her and Kurt have a duet in competition, because they always sound glorious together** - I'm still annoyed about that crap original song with Finn being the Nationals duet last year instead of "For Good".

The exception of course was the first Sectionals, but that was written/filmed before they knew whether or not they were going to get any more episodes, so it made sense to give her her star moment there as the culmination of her arc up to that point (and oh what a moment it was - still my favourite Glee number ever).

*Honestly, the problem with last year's Sectionals wasn't that Will didn't give Rachel a solo, it was the fact that he he gave them to Quinn and Sam, two of the weaker singers on the show, instead of someone like Mercedes, Artie, or Tina.

**And as I type that, "Happy Days/Get Happy" comes on the iPod shuffle. :lol: So beautiful though.

RockTheTassel
12-02-2011, 03:52 PM
For some reason, I thought Rachel sang "Don't Rain on my Parade" at last year's sectionals, but that was season one now that I think about it.

It's true that the flip side of Rachel not singing is the chance to see others get solos. It just seems like ND will be a lot weaker without any of Rachel, Santana, and Mercedes, not just with the solos but also the group numbers. But I'm hoping the other fill in nicely.

DarrellH
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.accesshollywood.com/glee-star-mark-salling-suffers-fractured-pelvis_article_57438

Mark Salling fractures pelvis.

mental jokes abound.

manleywoman
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Coach Beiste Solo! :kickass: :cheer:

I LOVED it!! Best part of the episode.

AshleyN
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
It's probably not fair to say this without even hearing the song, but the more I think about it the more annoyed I'm going to be if Artie isn't singing lead on "Man in the Mirror".

Of all the songs in the episode, I think that's the one with real showstopper potential, and I don't think anyone else, not even any of the female powerhouses, are more suited to it than him. And to reiterate, he hasn't sung at all this season. Brittany has more solos than him. It defies logic.

Of course, it'll probably end up going to Blaine instead. :blah:

vesperholly
12-03-2011, 04:58 AM
It's probably not fair to say this without even hearing the song, but the more I think about it the more annoyed I'm going to be if Artie isn't singing lead on "Man in the Mirror".

It's a duet between Artie and Sam. Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jHSgkFKtig I'm not that impressed, but Man in the Mirror is pretty much musical perfection, so any cover will pale in comparison.

Kevin McHale is criminally underused. He has the best male voice there.

genevieve
12-03-2011, 05:57 AM
I'm an episode behind....

I love Santana - but I just laughed out loud (for the wrong reasons) at the whole scene with the political ad about there being a lesbian at Sue's school. Everything about that scene was embarrassingly bad and worse - out of character. lazy, lazy writing :blah:

I do like the Puck/Idina storyline, even if it's icky. I don't care for Quinn's turn-to-the-dark-side story, though.

The Hall & Oates mashup was a real letdown, but the Adele one was pretty good.

And yeah, WTF is up with the serious lack of Artie and Tina this season? Mike Chang got more airtime AND more singing time in this last episode than Tina did!

Cachoo
12-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm feeling that most are not feeling this season. Hopefully they can right whatever is wrong though I'm still enjoying the show.