PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

judiz
11-17-2011, 02:46 AM
What did I miss that has everyone assuming that Santana's family life is horrible? The only time I can remember her family being mentioned was in the Brittany/Britteny episode when she told Dr. Carl that her dad was a real doctor and she had fantastic medical insurance.

jenny12
11-17-2011, 03:04 AM
What did I miss that has everyone assuming that Santana's family life is horrible? The only time I can remember her family being mentioned was in the Brittany/Britteny episode when she told Dr. Carl that her dad was a real doctor and she had fantastic medical insurance.

Consistency isn't one of Glee strengths. I remember Santana going on about being from the Lima Height adjacent in one episode then her father is a doctor then she had a tough childhood here. So, as usual, it's Glee making it up as it goes along.

nerdycool
11-17-2011, 03:27 AM
What did I miss that has everyone assuming that Santana's family life is horrible? The only time I can remember her family being mentioned was in the Brittany/Britteny episode when she told Dr. Carl that her dad was a real doctor and she had fantastic medical insurance.She said that for the first 8 or 9 years of her life (forgot which one), she didn't realize that her name wasn't actually Garbage Face. It implies verbal abuse, at the very least. And the way she talks about being from Lima Heights Adjacent, it makes it sound like her neighborhood is truly inner-city ghetto.

But yeah, it does confuse me a bit when I remember the Brittany/Britney episode in which she says her dad is a real doctor with good insurance. I just wish the writers would stick to what already exists and not try to rewrite history.

PeterG
11-17-2011, 06:28 AM
But yeah, it does confuse me a bit when I remember the Brittany/Britney episode in which she says her dad is a real doctor with good insurance. I just wish the writers would stick to what already exists and not try to rewrite history.

Was she being sarcastic? It wouldn't have been the first time! :lol:

Bostonfan
11-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Consistency isn't one of Glee strengths.

:lol: There's an understatement. I gave up LONG ago any hope of some sort of character storyline integrity. GLEE is like South Park - keep killing Kenny (i.e a character's backstory) and bring him back to life in the next episode to service the story (i.e. twist the plot to cram into the storyline du jour).

AshleyN
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
And the way she talks about being from Lima Heights Adjacent, it makes it sound like her neighborhood is truly inner-city ghetto.See, I always took the "Adjacent" part to be a joke, in that she was trying to seem more "street" than she actually is. Of course, this was with the bit about her dad being a doctor in mind, which the writers had probably completely forgotten about by that point, so who knows.

PRlady
11-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Well, look at how the writers gave Quinn the "Lucy" backstory. When we saw her family they were the perfect upscale conservative types, both very goodlooking, but somehow Quinn was a fat, ugly, unpopular girl in middle school. Seemed odd to me, but again Glee continuity is a joke.

numbers123
11-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I am a little confused - just because Santana's dad is a doctor that means the family couldn't be abusive to Santana?
Abusive occurs at all levels of society and often there is a single child selected to be the abused one. So perhaps the family appears to be a wonderful upstanding family, Santana being the cheerleader and all, but abuse can and does occur in all types of families.

AshleyN
11-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I am a little confused - just because Santana's dad is a doctor that means the family couldn't be abusive to Santana?Huh? No one said that. We're talking about the idea of her growing up in a bad neighbourhood.

numbers123
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Huh? No one said that. We're talking about the idea of her growing up in a bad neighbourhood.

OK - I missed that. I thought the whole discussion was about Santana's growing up being called Garbage Face and that her father was a doctor reference. Sorry.

judiz
11-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Who called Santana "garbage face" ? If it was her parents, that's emotional abuse but if it was a sibling, that could be "normal" sibling rivalry.

PRlady
11-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Who called Santana "garbage face" ? If it was her parents, that's emotional abuse but if it was a sibling, that could be "normal" sibling rivalry.

In the previous sentence she referred to her abuelia (sp?) which I believe is Spanish for grandmother.

olympic
11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
In the previous sentence she referred to her abuelia (sp?) which I believe is Spanish for grandmother.

abuela. Yes, Spanish for Grandmother

HeatherC
11-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Bump for tonight's show (took me a while to find this thread!) and so far I've really enjoyed the music choices. I'm not sure how I feel about everyone suddenly trying to help Santana after all the stuff she's done to them but I do understand why they're doing it. I'm a little meh over it at the moment but I'm way bummed for Coach Bieste being hurt by the other coach. :(

kylet3
11-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Coach Beiste Solo! :kickass: :cheer: