PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

PRlady
11-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Naya Rivera has never looked so pretty as she did as Anita. I'm only sorry some of the songs were cut up for plot reasons, they were wonderful....

ETA: And West Side Story songs really hold up. They did most of the score over the last three episodes and not one clunker among them. Amazing musical.

VIETgrlTerifa
11-09-2011, 03:29 AM
West Side Story is very difficult to butcher and I am so happy Glee didn't do it.

I seriously think this is the best episode of the season and even last season.

Theatregirl1122
11-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Apparently High School theatre productions of West Side Story give me massive theatre kid nostalgia.

I was very worried about how they would handle this. I was definitely expecting a trainwreck but they did an excellent job.

The best episodes of glee make my heart hurt a little bit and make me want to watch the episode again immediately. This is definitely one of them.

VIETgrlTerifa
11-09-2011, 04:04 AM
I also like this one because I finally see a real connection between Kurt and Blaine. I never understood why this relationship was so popular since they seemed to have very little sexual chemistry together, but this episode changed that and I'm glad to see going to that seedy gay bar (which was so not glamorous, but I guess in Lima you have to take what you can get) solidified Blaine's and Kurt's personality a bit more.

manhn
11-09-2011, 06:00 AM
To me, this season has been the strongest yet. Apparently, people prefer when people are pregnant or pretend to be pregnant.

While Kurt, Blaine, Finn and Rachel were the focal points, tonight's episode also featured scenes where we got insight into the characters of Tina, Artie, Mike (albeit kinda redundant) and Bieste. Heck, we even got a humanistic and realistic look at Karofsky. This season has done a tremendous job of featuring the big cast in a balanced manner.

ETA: If I were still in high school, I'd be all over Sebestian.

MarieM
11-09-2011, 09:29 AM
America .. that performance was just AWESOME !!
It's running on my mp3player since this morning :)

Erin
11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
ETA: If I were still in high school, I'd be all over Sebestian.

Seriously? He was so smarmy that he made Blaine look (whatever the opposite of smarmy is). He totally gave me the creeps.

I didn't care for this episode as much as others did...that said, I did love "A Boy Like That" and "America" and thought that the Beiste storyline was very sweet.

PRlady
11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm going to invite everyone to laugh at me but....

I've never been to a gay bar that I can remember, or at least not that kind. (There's a gay sports bar of all things near my place where I go to watch a game every now and then. It's perfect because there aren't any drunken jerks to hit on a woman alone.) And I was wondering how many other straight Americans are thinking, so, that's what they do in gay bars?

Glee is going to have a surprising impact on ignorant straight people, I think.

Fergus
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I've never been to a gay bar that I can remember, or at least not that kind...And I was wondering how many other straight Americans are thinking, so, that's what they do in gay bars?

Glee is going to have a surprising impact on ignorant straight people, I think.

Drinking, dancing, & socializing...sometimes in really dingy, divey kinds of places. ;)

Sure, there's more fairy dust sprinkled in gay havens like West Hollywood or Chelsea, and places there can be more type-specific, but when I remember the suburban gay bars of my teen years, yeah, they were pretty much just like "Scandals".

("The Silver Lining", anyone? "Auntie M's"?) :)

ebayj
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Best episode of the series so far for me, and handled a lot of difficult topics with wit and compassion. How anyone does not get the relevance of this series and/or appreciate the staggering talent of this young cast is completely beyond my comprehension.

Bostonfan
11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
The WSS stuff was good, but "Uptown Girl" was such a random head scatcher of a song selection.

PRlady
11-09-2011, 06:01 PM
The WSS stuff was good, but "Uptown Girl" was such a random head scatcher of a song selection.

Gotta keep those Gen X types watching. ;)

skipaway
11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought Artie's read that Rachel can't portray the passion of Maria without having had sex, a little bit of a head scratcher. I'd bet the farm "Maria" was a virgin when she met Tony.

PRlady
11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
I thought Artie's read that Rachel can't portray the passion of Maria without having had sex, a little bit of a head scratcher. I'd bet the farm "Maria" was a virgin when she met Tony.

Of course she was, and overprotected by her big brother in a very macho culture. That's part of the plot, she was brought from Puerto Rico in a basically-arranged marriage to Chico.

Lea was fab but Santana was the best out of all of them in that 'cast.'

skipaway
11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Of course she was, and overprotected by her big brother in a very macho culture. That's part of the plot, she was brought from Puerto Rico in a basically-arranged marriage to Chico.

Lea was fab but Santana was the best out of all of them in that 'cast.'

Yes, I know that, but why did Artie feel Rachel needed "that" experience to be able to play a virginal character?