PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

AshleyN
11-03-2011, 01:26 PM
BTW-We're in season three and I still have yet to see the pilot episode of Glee, LMAO :rofl: :lol:The pilot is still the best episode of the show IMO, which is pretty rare. I know at the time some people complained that it was too similar to Election, but I love Election so I don't really care. It really had the perfect blend of dark humour, absurdity, and heart. And that first "Don't Stop Believin'" really is unbeatable. It totally set the tone for everything the show was meant to be.

MarieM
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
The pilot is still the best episode of the show IMO, which is pretty rare. I know at the time some people complained that it was too similar to Election, but I love Election so I don't really care. It really had the perfect blend of dark humour, absurdity, and heart. And that first "Don't Stop Believin'" really is unbeatable. It totally set the tone for everything the show was meant to be.
and failed to achieve.
The first three episodes really gave me hope, but after that full crap about Brit ? WTF ?
I just love Damian though. Didn't get his songs but still.

Angela-Fan
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Lord Tubby's poops are crispy and delicious.
:lol: :shuffle:

Latte
11-03-2011, 05:34 PM
I guess Alex is meant to replace Mercedes?
And Samuel replace Puck?
Lindsey replaces Rachael of course.
Damian-Finn?
Going to be a lot of new faces next year!

dramagrrl
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I guess Alex is meant to replace Mercedes?
And Samuel replace Puck?
Lindsey replaces Rachael of course.
Damian-Finn?
Going to be a lot of new faces next year!
Lindsey is (likely) not going to replace Rachel because a) her character goes to a different school and b) her character is supposed to be a senior, i.e. would also be graduating from high school by the end of the season, so having her find some way to end up at McKinley would be a stretch.

Spareoom
11-04-2011, 12:47 AM
I personally think that Ryan didn't really care for Lindsey at all and wouldn't have cast her, except for the fact that Damian and Samuel were co-winners and he really liked Alex and wanted him on the show, and couldn't cast those three and leave Lindsey out without looking like a total jerk.

Not that that ever stopped anyone, but yeah, just my feeling.

michiruwater
11-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Lindsey's episode was way better than Damian's, though.

reckless
11-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Lindsey's episode was way better than Damian's, though.
That's because Lindsey has acting skills. If Ryan had done the Rachel/Kurt in New York spin-off that was rumored, Lindsey would be a good addition. But Ryan was so biased against the girls in The Glee Project that it's hard to know what he might do.

AshleyN
11-05-2011, 02:11 AM
I didn't watch The Glee Project, but based on the admittedly small sample size I was way more impressed with Lindsay than Damian.

On another note, the songs for next week are out. I usually try to hold off until the episode is aired, but this week I caved and listened to the West Side Story songs and now I can't stop listening to A Boy Like That (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITrNO9YSSII&feature=slpl). Finally and Rachel/Santana duet! Naya sounds great and OMG Lea. The "I Have a Love" part is gorgeous. Best song of the season so far - I'm dreading seeing it get cut up for the show.

On the other hand, I'm a little disappointed in "America", but I expect this to be one of the numbers where the performance really makes it.

nerdycool
11-05-2011, 04:06 AM
I didn't watch The Glee Project, but based on the admittedly small sample size I was way more impressed with Lindsay than Damian.Lindsay impressed me more than Damian, too, and I watched the GP. But as it's been mentioned, it seems as though Ryan Murphy has something against females, hence Lindsay not getting the win (I personally feel she should have won). And giving Lindsay 7 episodes would have put her in direct competition with Lea, and we can't have that now, can we?

AshleyN
11-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Lindsay impressed me more than Damian, too, and I watched the GP. But as it's been mentioned, it seems as though Ryan Murphy has something against females, hence Lindsay not getting the win (I personally feel she should have won). And giving Lindsay 7 episodes would have put her in direct competition with Lea, and we can't have that now, can we?Leaving aside the obvious sarcasm at the end, I suppose I can see why they might find the idea of another Broadway belter redundant when they've already got Lea and (though they usually forget it) Jenna. Not to mention the tendency they have to give female Broadway parts to Chris.

Then again, while Damian's voice is nice, I don't see anything particularly unique about him either, so I dunno.

Latte
11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Damian is charming, funny, and easy to get along with. That makes him a good fit with the cast. Along with the fact that he is a experienced performing Pro. I guess they thought they have time to teach him to act.
I miss Alex and Samuel. I wish they would hurry and put them on the show.
And please! Hannah!

all_empty
11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I was on the "Glee" set a week ago and Samuel had not started yet. No sign of Alex either. I did get the pleasure of watching Amber Riley, Heather Morris, Naya Rivera perform Adele.

I liked Damien on "The Glee Project" and he definitely wowed me in his first "Glee" episode with his range. His accent was really hard to understand in parts, though (and this is coming from someone who watched him on Oxygen!).

BTW, Chord Overstreet is back on set and in the studio, so his character is definitely back.

Latte
11-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I saw on another board that Samuel will appear in epp. 9 or 10 and Alex and Lindsey after that.
No word yet on any others from the GP appearing this season.

Fergus
11-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh HELL NO, you scrawny twink scarecrow, don't you be stealin' Kurt's boy! :mad: :lol:

(And Blaine, ENOUGH with the bow ties, you look like Orville Redenbacher.)