PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

reckless
11-02-2011, 04:19 AM
This song is SO irritating and kind of inappropriate for high school. :yikes: /end prude moment :P

This is the show that had a show choir do a version of "Rehab" in the pilot.

Frankly, the inappropriateness of that song is what actually made me like the show. I think it works best with that kind of black humor.

VIETgrlTerifa
11-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Some sad news for a Glee alum:

Charice's father was killed after being stabbed by an ice pick.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056048/Glee-star-Charice-Pempengcos-father-stabbed-death-ice-pick.html

manhn
11-02-2011, 05:14 AM
I have never seen that Glee competition show, so I have no preconception of Irish dude. LOVE HIM!

I am sick. and. tired. of everyone (esp. the writers) treating Brittany with kid gloves. SHE IS AN IDIOT! Why is calling her an idiot the worst thing to ever do to a human being? She's an idiot!

judiz
11-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Did Brittany really ask Rory to change her cat's poops into chocolate?

AshleyN
11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I am sick. and. tired. of everyone (esp. the writers) treating Brittany with kid gloves. SHE IS AN IDIOT! Why is calling her an idiot the worst thing to ever do to a human being? She's an idiot!This episode basically served as a prime example for me of why Brittany's role should never have been expanded beyond ditzy one-liners and Fondue-For-Two-type sillyness. She doesn't work as a real person. As I said during the episode, you can't expect me to spend half the episode laughing at the fact that she has the mental capacity of a four year old and the other half being offended on her behalf that someone called her stupid. She IS stupid. Her character is defined by her stupidity. That's what makes her funny, but only in small doses.

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but IMO Heather Morris just isn't a good enough actress to carry storylines on her own. The mumbly, monotone delivery works great for the one-liners, but when used to deliver pages of dialogue it's almost painful. I remember before the Emmy nominations came out this year I saw a ton of people talking about how she deserved a nod, and my reaction was basically WTF? I even saw one person say that the show would be better off with her as the female lead instead of Lea and I was like :yikes: :scream:

Frankly, the inappropriateness of that song is what actually made me like the show. I think it works best with that kind of black humor.Inappropriate song choices actually used to be a sort of trademark of the show when it started, and I loved it. Remember Push It? Still one of my all-time favourite numbers. There was also Last Name, in the first Cheno episode, and Papa Don't Preach sung to a group of little kids.* Hilarious. I totally agree with you about the black humour. I wish the show would return to that style, but I fear it's become too much of cash cow nowadays to risk scaring off the kiddies (or, more accurately, the kiddies parents).

*I think they tried to revisit that with Toxic, but totally ruined it with that stupid sex riot. I'm still kind of bitter about that, because I think without it that could have been one of the best group numbers ever.

nerdycool
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I am sick. and. tired. of everyone (esp. the writers) treating Brittany with kid gloves. SHE IS AN IDIOT! Why is calling her an idiot the worst thing to ever do to a human being? She's an idiot!The thing is, no one likes to be called names, even if they are what the name implies. For example, let's say I'm super lazy. I know it. Other people know it. But do I like to actually be called lazy to my face? Hell no! Not only is it rude, but it creates a hit to the self-esteem and tells me that I'm not as worthy as other people, even though I have other awesome qualities. So I can perfectly understand Brittany's reactions to being called dumb.

*BTW, I'm not lazy. :)

AshleyN
11-02-2011, 02:14 PM
The thing is, no one likes to be called names, even if they are what the name implies. For example, let's say I'm super lazy. I know it. Other people know it. But do I like to actually be called lazy to my face? Hell no! Not only is it rude, but it creates a hit to the self-esteem and tells me that I'm not as worthy as other people, even though I have other awesome qualities. So I can perfectly understand Brittany's reactions to being called dumb.

*BTW, I'm not lazy. :)That would make sense if she was real-person stupid, as in someone who can function in the world but just doesn't get certain things, or gets crappy marks in school. But she's not, she's TV-stupid - she believes in Santa Claus and leprechauns and thinks it possible for her cat to read her diary. She's a cartoon, an over-the-top caricature of the dumb blonde, and expecting the audience to suddenly start treating her like a real person creates complete tonal whiplash. I mean, am I now supposed to feel bad for laughing at the dumb things she says? You can't have it both ways.

MarieM
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I do think Heather is great. The way she does that void stare of hers is absolutly fantastic.

Puuuuuuuuuuck. I want him. He's ... dirty :)

Impromptu
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
The thing is, no one likes to be called names, even if they are what the name implies. For example, let's say I'm super lazy. I know it. Other people know it. But do I like to actually be called lazy to my face? Hell no! Not only is it rude, but it creates a hit to the self-esteem and tells me that I'm not as worthy as other people, even though I have other awesome qualities. So I can perfectly understand Brittany's reactions to being called dumb.

Technically, he didn't even call her an idiot. He told her to "stop acting like an idiot," which implies that he believes she has it in her to be much smarter. And that's far more credit than anyone else gives her.

manhn
11-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Brittany is BFF/girlfriend/lover with the biggest name caller in the school. And she does nothing to stop Santana from calling names. So, not only is Brittany an idiot, she's a hypocrite. Every character has been called a name on this show; but according to the writers, only calling names directed at Brittany is it considered a war crime.

Latte
11-02-2011, 11:05 PM
The story was stupid and Damian's acting was just ok, but, we have to remember that this is his first acting job. He has been taking singing and acting lessions since he won and hopfully he will get better. His singing was pretty good though.
I think they kind of throw him in the deep end . Should have took it a little slower and not have had him in so many scenes in his first show.
Does anyone know when Samuel starts on the show? Should be interesting.
A new Glee Project starts after the first of the year. Getting some new cast members.
A lot of the regulars are leaving after this season.

Spareoom
11-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I thought Damien was fine, and that maybe the writers asked him to thicken his accent... because I don't remember his accent being so unintelligible in the GP.

Yeah, I think they asked him to keep it as thick as he could. Damian has spent quite a lot of time in the US for the past few years now; at least four years. His accent has lightened quite a bit (for him), but his accent on GLEE was the thickest I've ever heard him, lol.

Anyway, it was very squee-full to see Damian on this show after following his music for such a long time. His acting ain't the greatest, but he's got such a smooth voice! And I've never heard him sing falsetto before, lol. At least not since his voice deepened. I sense a not-so-lightly-handled Kurt sing off, haha.

DarrellH
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Kurt had that sort of "Yeah, he sings high. Thrilled to death for him" look on his face when Damien sang.

VIETgrlTerifa
11-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Kurt had that sort of "Yeah, he sings high. Thrilled to death for him" look on his face when Damien sang.

Kurt knows that if Damien is going to push anyone to the side, it's Kurt since his voice is closest to Kurt's voice out of anyone in the Glee Club. For one, he can hit the high notes.

HeatherC
11-03-2011, 02:14 AM

Frankly, the inappropriateness of that song is what actually made me like the show. I think it works best with that kind of black humor.

I guess so but in between what felt like a very mean spirited show last night, it just didn't work for me. Hopefully it's a little lighter next week.

BTW-We're in season three and I still have yet to see the pilot episode of Glee, LMAO :rofl: :lol: