PDA

View Full Version : GLEE: Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Fergus
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
"Ginger Supremacists"??? :rofl:

The Pride flag in Rachel's locker is upside-down. Gay distress signal?

Blaine, ENOUGH with the bowties, btw. :rolleyes:

Erin
10-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Erm, am I supposed to be feeling bad for Mercedes here?

I am so sick of the Rachel vs. Mercedes storyline. (a) Totally repetitive, it's been done at least 3 other times before (Sectionals in Season 1, the diva-off inspired by Sue's rumors in Season 2, and the Night of Neglect in Season 2) and (b) I think it's a load of crap that Amber Riley can sing anywhere near as well as Lea Michele and it doesn't matter how many times the producers push this idea on me, I'm not going to buy it.

my little pony
10-05-2011, 01:53 AM
LOL at ginger supremacists!

jenny12
10-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Blaine, ENOUGH with the bowties, btw. :rolleyes:

Yeah, not cute and worse, makes me think of Tucker Carlson.

hirshey girl
10-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Mike Chang.....:swoon::swoon::swoon:. Anytime I get to see him dance is worth it. :D I would've been content just watching him dance the whole episode. :hat1:

AshleyN
10-05-2011, 02:42 AM
I am so sick of the Rachel vs. Mercedes storyline. (a) Totally repetitive, it's been done at least 3 other times before (Sectionals in Season 1, the diva-off inspired by Sue's rumors in Season 2, and the Night of Neglect in Season 2) and (b) I think it's a load of crap that Amber Riley can sing anywhere near as well as Lea Michele and it doesn't matter how many times the producers push this idea on me, I'm not going to buy it.Word to all of this. Well, I do think that Amber Riley has a great voice, but I prefer Lea's.

But really, my big thing is that for all her flaws, Rachel works her ass off and goes after what she wants. That's why it pisses me off that she's always portrayed as the villian in these type of stories* (although I admit I don't think that was really the case tonight, unless that's just the Rachel stan in me who'll always be on her side). It would be nice if hard work and ambition was actually shown to be a positive thing sometimes - especially from a young woman, considering all the Bella Swans out there in work aimed at young girls.

Also, Mercedes' audtion was not better.

On a happier note, I could watch Harry Shum dance all day long. It's nice to see him get a spotlight episode.

*I think I might have snorted at the "Why does no one ever want to hurt her feelings?" line. Seriously? Rachel gets dumped on more than any other character on the show and always has. Yeah, sometimes it's deserved, but no more than some of the other characters who never get called on their shit.

PRlady
10-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Loved Mike and his mom and the Dreamgirls fantasy. The show really is much better when focusing on its own characters -- it's not like there aren't enough storylines!

I figure we're about due for a Finn episode. Sigh. He's such a boring all-American jock.

Theatregirl1122
10-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Is Mercedes pregnant? They wouldn't do that again would they?

No, she's not pregnant. Amber confirmed that on twitter.

Overall, I really loved this episode. When Mike was in the dance studio, I was seriously hoping that a rendition of "Music and the Mirror" was about to happen. It just seemed right. I thought the moment between Kurt and Blaine with he flowers was really well done. I'm concerned that the cast for West Side Story has like 6 people. Is NOBODY playing Bernardo? I LOVED the choice of "Out Here On My Own". But I really didn't feel like they hit the money note that hard. I was like NOOOOO that's supposed to be more of a highlight! Dreamgirls was AMAZING. I thought the Will/Emma story line was pretty good, which is SHOCKING.

I do feel like they are starting to develop story lines and carry them through. And have arcs that last more than one episode. But I don't really think I'm down with the "rival Glee club" thing.

Matryeshka
10-05-2011, 04:56 AM
I think the rival Glee club is a, hey, we know we went too far with Sue Sylvester as Uber Villain, but we haven't come up with a good solution to filling the Henchman Gap.

Mike Chang episode :swoon:

jamesy
10-05-2011, 04:56 AM
:lol: at the throwaway line of Bieste having donkeys named Kim and Khloe

oleada
10-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Ditto on the whole Mercedes thing. I'm sick of her character, to be honest. She's just not likable, and not in a good way.

I liked the Will/Emma story line for once.

Mike Chang and the Dreamgirls sequence were fabulous.

Beast is my favorite! Her donkeys Kim and Khloe and the "Did you know Breadstix delivers?" :rofl:

dramagrrl
10-05-2011, 05:01 AM
I think it's a load of crap that Amber Riley can sing anywhere near as well as Lea Michele and it doesn't matter how many times the producers push this idea on me, I'm not going to buy it.
I am. I'm more of a Broadway-voice style girl usually, but Amber Riley's voice blows me away. I was still leaning more towards Lea until I saw Glee Live this summer and actually thought Amber was the better live singer, at least as far as the material they were doing on tour went.

Very solid episode overall. The Mike Chang storyline was played out beautifully - excellent casting of his parents and nice work from Harry Shum Jr.

oleada
10-05-2011, 05:03 AM
I am. I'm more of a Broadway-voice style girl all the way, but Amber Riley's voice blows me away. I was still leaning more towards Lea until I saw Glee Live this summer and actually thought Amber was the better live singer, at least as far as the material they were doing on tour went.

See, I had the completely opposite impression when I saw Glee live. I thought Lea blew everyone else out of the water, and wasn't terribly impressed with Amber live. Even when they were doing relatively subdued numbers, like her duet with Chris Colpher, she was incredible.

nerdycool
10-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Loved this episode! Mike Chang is a star, and I'm glad his mom is behind him. Will & Emma's storyline was sweet. Mercedes needs to grow up... she has a great voice, but like many of you have said, it gets annoying when she complains about actually working for stuff. Loved Tina's goth vampire reappearing to scare Figgins.

But some nitpicks: they cast Blaine as Tony because he looks and acts the part. So why are they backtracking on that for Maria? Wouldn't Rachel be the obvious choice going on that criteria?

And that cheerleader with the shaggy hair sticks out like a sore thumb. We all know that Sue requires her Cheerios' hair to be pulled back from the face as to not detract from their cheerleading talent and prevent hairography. They should fix that.

For future episodes, I don't think Santana and Mercedes being in the other group is going to last long. They want all the solos & duets? That ain't gonna fly with Miss Sugar, the one who's convinced that she's a star. As soon as she gets relegated to the background, she's going to throw a fit and her daddy's going to cancel that check to Figgins. Not a spoiler, but just what I think is going to happen.

BaileyCatts
10-05-2011, 06:41 AM
^ That's what I think is going to happen to the second group too. ;)