PDA

View Full Version : Laura Lepisto withdraws from Skate America

Pages : [1] 2

DimaToe
09-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Dont know if I should have started a thread, but it seemed like important news.

Her withdrawal is supposedly due to a leg issue, it said in a Finnish news article that it was because of irritated nerves on her landing leg, but I dont know if its a reliable source. If you go to the SA roster on the ISU site, her name is removed, and Viktoria Helgesson has replaced her.

SamuraiK
09-16-2011, 02:36 AM
She's been withdrawing from events for more than a year now :(:(

On the positive side, SA could have again both Helgesson sisters in its roster..

kittyjake5
09-16-2011, 03:48 AM
I wonder if it is the same injury that kept her out of competition last season. Bad luck for her. Wishing Laura the best and a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the info.

Jenna
09-16-2011, 03:51 AM
She just keeps on withdrawing..I'm starting to fear we will never see her again! :(

DimaToe
09-16-2011, 04:53 AM
I really hope she does compete again, But I wonder if it's more than her leg issue keeping her away , after all there is more pressure to kick butt in competition when you're a world medalist.

Iceman
09-16-2011, 05:44 AM
She just keeps on withdrawing..I'm starting to fear we will never see her again! :(
I too am beginning to feel that maybe this is the end of her career. I hope not.

Sylvia
09-16-2011, 05:52 AM
@LauraLepisto's most recent 2 tweets:

Sept. 13: "Sometimes you just have to take one step back to get two forward.."

Sept. 4: "Went to see 'Midnight in Paris' today with the girls.. I'm counting the weeks till the French GP! How I just love that city <3"

Finnice
09-16-2011, 08:46 AM
I wonder if it is the same injury that kept her out of competition last season. Bad luck for her. Wishing Laura the best and a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the info.

It is not the same injury. Last season it was the achilles tendon. Right now (I donīt want jo say this year and jinx her:scream:) it is the nerve tissues, which have been irritated by the pressure of the skate.

l'etoile
09-16-2011, 09:06 AM
:( Laura get better soon! miss your skating..

paskatefan
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
That's a shame. :( I wish her a full & speedy recovery.

kwanatic
09-16-2011, 05:33 PM

ITA. If it's getting to the point that she's stacking injuries (ie. having an injury, healing and then getting another) she may be done. I'm sure we'll have a better idea once we see if she's able to make her 2nd assignment...

RumbleFish
09-16-2011, 06:17 PM
@LauraLepisto's most recent 2 tweets:

Sept. 13: "Sometimes you just have to take one step back to get two forward.."

Sept. 4: "Went to see 'Midnight in Paris' today with the girls.. I'm counting the weeks till the French GP! How I just love that city <3"

It's nice to hear she is keeping her spirits up despite such an unfortunate series of events. I really hope to get to see her in France. I miss her skating so much.

LilJen
09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Poor woman!! I hope she can get better and then proceed with an injury-free season of her lovely skating.

Vash01
09-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I really hope she can get healthy and compete again. She is a lovely skater. It will be a shame if her career ends due to injuries, but hopefully it won't end soon.

Lanie
09-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Boo! I was looking forward to seeing her next month. :( I hope she gets better fast.