PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pitt: I "Felt Pathetic" While Married to Jennifer Aniston

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

overedge
09-15-2011, 11:30 PM
He may have genuinely felt this way and I guess he is just trying to be honest, but OTOH I don't think it's very nice of him to talk this way about her.

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celebrity-broods/brad-pitt-talks-aniston-marriage-jolie-bliss-175106982.html

Anita18
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
He didn't say that it was her fault, though, just that he was going through an uninteresting phase himself. It's not even clear in the quotes that he mentioned Aniston at all.

Sometimes people don't mature into a happy and fulfilling relationship until later in their lives. It doesn't mean it's anyone's fault or that they hold animosity towards their ex.

duane
09-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Talk about her in what way? Her name never comes up.

overedge
09-16-2011, 12:08 AM
He talks about "the marriage" which she was the other part of. And even if he wasn't naming her directly, or blaming her, I'm just uncomfortable with him going ahead and talking about the experience when AFAIK she has been pretty closemouthed about what went on.

FiveRinger
09-16-2011, 12:13 AM
I understand what he's saying.....his feeling "pathetic" probably didn't have anything to do with Jen, it was completely internal. But, like many of us do in our youths, we think that finding that someone is going to make us happy and fulfilled. It doesn't work that way. Finding the right someone can add to your happiness, but someone isn't going to make you happy, per say.

Rex
09-16-2011, 12:45 AM
...just that he was going through an uninteresting phase himself...

It's a phase?

marbri
09-16-2011, 12:48 AM
"I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."

Itīs not terribly sensitive but it isn't the first time he has given an interview where he lets everyone know how Jen was nothing compared to Angelina.

Makes you wonder, casually, why he feels the need to do it. That triangle is so closely scrutinized by the press that you would think he would have figured out how to say he is very happy with his current relationship and very much in love without diminishing or dragging the first wife into it.

PeterG
09-16-2011, 12:59 AM
From the article:

On his uninteresting existence with Jennifer Aniston: "I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."

He's just trying to throw us off the real story. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, and the cover of a magazine said, "Angie Says Get Out!" So clearly the Jolie-Pitt marriage is over and he is deflecting. Pretty sad and pathetic, but I guess that marriage couldn't last forever. :(

mag
09-16-2011, 01:05 AM
From the article:

He's just trying to throw us off the real story. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, and the cover of a magazine said, "Angie Says Get Out!" So clearly the Jolie-Pitt marriage is over and he is deflecting. Pretty sad and pathetic, but I guess that marriage couldn't last forever. :(

Actually he is trying to save face because we all know that Angie kicked him out because she is now in love with Jennifer and they are going to get married and raise that bunch of kids together :rollin:

Brad is just feeling bitter .... :rofl:

WindSpirit
09-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Makes you wonder, casually, why he feels the need to do it. That triangle is so closely scrutinized by the press that you would think he would have figured out how to say he is very happy with his current relationship and very much in love without diminishing or dragging the first wife into it. I agree. Very classy guy indeed.

orbitz
09-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Poor Jen. Even if your ex-husband didn't blame you publicly for an uninteresting period of his life, that fact that you were married to him during that period has to make you feel that you were part of the problem.

I think Jen deserves at least one year where no one pans her movies, her acting, her constant singleness, her blandess, etc. :)

genevieve
09-16-2011, 01:22 AM
I hated Friends, and especially Rachel on the show, but in the last few years I've come to appreciate Jennifer Aniston. I have the feeling in real life she's a really fun and down to earth person.

Jimena
09-16-2011, 01:23 AM
I think Jen deserves at least one year where no one pans her movies, her acting, her constant singleness, her blandess, etc. :)

I have no interest in panning her personal life (and isn't she with someone now? Someone who left his long time girlfriend for Jennifer? I can't remember his name.). But her movies and her acting? Not my favorite things in the world.

She does seem like a cool person, though.

manhn
09-16-2011, 01:26 AM
I absolutely love Friends and I will take the Pivot scene over anything Brad has ever done.

milanessa
09-16-2011, 02:30 AM

Tabloids do not lie. Poor Bradley.