PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pitt: I "Felt Pathetic" While Married to Jennifer Aniston

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

orbitz
09-16-2011, 02:31 AM
I absolutely love Friends and I will take the Pivot scene over anything Brad has ever done.

You mean like spear heading a project to rebuild houses in New Orleans after the Katrina disaster?

screech
09-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with him saying he was unhappy with a certain point in his life. Obviously there was unhappiness for there to have been divorce. If anyone one of us knew personally was talking (in a non-bashing manner) about how how they weren't satisfied with their ex, we wouldn't be talking about how disrespectful they were being. Just because Brad and Jen are in the limelight, I don't think that means he can't mention it.

overedge
09-16-2011, 02:34 AM
He's just trying to throw us off the real story. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, and the cover of a magazine said, "Angie Says Get Out!" So clearly the Jolie-Pitt marriage is over and he is deflecting. Pretty sad and pathetic, but I guess that marriage couldn't last forever. :(

Actually I'm surprised when I go to the grocery store and the tabloids *don't* say "Brad and Angie Finished!!!!"

barbk
09-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with him saying he was unhappy with a certain point in his life. Obviously there was unhappiness for there to have been divorce. If anyone one of us knew personally was talking (in a non-bashing manner) about how how they weren't satisfied with their ex, we wouldn't be talking about how disrespectful they were being. Just because Brad and Jen are in the limelight, I don't think that means he can't mention it.

It all sounds like excuses for why he cheated on his wife. Blah, blah, blah.

The classy thing would be for him to say nothing, or to take responsibility for what happened, and not whine. Or to explain that he was looking for a dominant, controlling woman who would tell him what to do and when to do it, and how to think about it when it was done. ;)

marbri
09-16-2011, 03:25 AM

My sister telling me her husband was a mistake and the worst time in her life is a lot different then him telling the public what he just did. Those three have been tabloid fodder since before he and Angie hooked up, he knows what he is doing. I just donīt know why he does it. I don't follow them enough to know the timing of everything but it seems to me when one side is getting a lot of press the other side takes over. There have been rumours lately about Jen being pregnant and buying a house together with whoever she is dating. Saw it on some entertainment show and the "reporter" seemed to go with the angle of how nice it was she has found happiness. Now Brad is letting the world know he found his happiness the day he let Angie be the mother of his kids :lol:

Seems to be a lot of leftover baggage with this lot. If it's tit for tat Jen is a lot more clever hiding her part in it, him not so much :D

Lacey
09-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Brad Pitt just went way down in my estimation. Jen has remained close mouthed about their relationship, he should shut up NOW because she's looking much better than him.

manhn
09-16-2011, 03:37 AM
You mean like spear heading a project to rebuild houses in New Orleans after the Katrina disaster?

You're right. OMG, Brad Pitt is sooo HAWT!!!!

phoenixflamezzz
09-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Wow.

AFAIK, Jen has never trashed their marriage, but more how Brad and Angelina acted during the filming of Mr. and Mrs. Smith while they were still together, and immediately after, while she was still mourning the end of their marriage.

What a tool.

caseyedwards
09-16-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't like this comment at all. It's like Aniston was like some soul sucking monster to him or something.

phoenixflamezzz
09-16-2011, 03:56 AM
I don't like this comment at all. It's like Aniston was like some soul sucking monster to him or something.

That's my problem with it. Like what, he couldn't get his butt up off the couch and do humanitarian work because Jen and their marriage was tying him down? Did she like forbid him to do so? Please.

screech
09-16-2011, 04:10 AM
I dunno. All he really said is that he was bored, and they were pretending their marriage was something that it wasn't. I think a lot of married couples do that before they split up. He never said that she was boring, just that his life wasn't interesting. Is it so wrong that he's happier where he's at now? No, he doesn't need to rub it in, but if he's happier, why should he have to hide that?

Besides, people have been bugging him about Jennifer for 7 years now. I think after so many years of people nagging about it, he's allowed to finally say how he saw things. Again, he never trashed Jen, he just basically said that he wasn't happy. But then, I've never been a fan of Jennifer's (and I never found Brad or Angelina attractive or remotely likeable until they became parents - they just seemed 'softer' after that).

Though I had to snicker at the comment about him giving his kids Angelina as a mom, when really it's the other way around - she gave her kids him as a dad. And loved that he said 'yet' when mentioning not having a 7th kid. It's crazy to me to think that Maddox, the oldest, is now 10 years old. But still, 6 kids 10 and under. Wow!

Prancer
09-16-2011, 04:48 AM

While I think he should just leave his past relationships (marital and otherwise) out of his interviews, I have to say that few things are more soul sucking than a bad marriage. That doesn't mean your spouse is a soul sucking monster, but the relationship itself sure can be.

But still, 6 kids 10 and under. Wow!

Meh. I'd be more impressed if they didn't have what? Two nannies per child, I think?

vesperholly
09-16-2011, 04:59 AM
"I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony." (snip)

He didn't even date Aniston until 1998, and they were married in 2000. It sounds to me like the marriage was a result of his melancholy, not a cause.

manleywoman
09-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Meh. I'd be more impressed if they didn't have what? Two nannies per child, I think?

Seriously.

Southpaw
09-16-2011, 05:05 AM
He didn't even date Aniston until 1998, and they were married in 2000. It sounds to me like the marriage was a result of his melancholy, not a cause.

Ugh, I don't know if that's any better. "I was so pathetic and such a pot smoking loser that I married Jennifer Aniston."