PDA

View Full Version : Suicide The Amazing Race IV: Happy La-La Peace & Harmony Everybody Lives Edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Beefcake
09-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Even The Cure lightened up the mood on occasion ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2nLEhUcZ0). So, why not us?!!

:cheer: Introducing the Happy La-La Peace & Harmony Everybody Lives Edition of Suicide Amazing Race. :cheer:

The rules are the same, except for the no-suicide thing … nobody dies! No resuscitations, but no :violin: either. Instead, you score a point when your pick survives, and merely score zero when your pick is eliminated. Oh, but you still may use each pick just once!

RULES:

*EDITED 9/27 TO REFLECT BEEFY'S LATEST REVISION*

1. During the week leading to TAR19 episode 2 (October 2, 2011) anyone wanting to participate in this game will submit - on this thread - the name of a TAR team they feel will survive the upcoming week's episode. Sample weekly submission: WEEK 2*: Ethan & Jenna.

(*I’ll give you all one point for an imaginary “week 1” so that our Week 2 and TAR19's Week 2 are in synch.)

2. Weekly submission must be prior to the start of each episode's first showing (i.e. Eastern Time)

3. If your week's pick/team survives the episode, you will score 1 (one) Suicide TAR IV point for that week. (TOTAL PTS POSSIBLE: 6 to 8, depending on how many elimination rounds there are between Week 2 and the final Sunday.)

3a. If your week's pick/team is eliminated, or if you forget to submit a pick or submit “no pick” as your pick, you will score 0 (zero) Suicide TAR IV points for that week.

4. Important: As with past Suicide games, you may use each team only ONCE for the duration of TAR19/this game.

Plan your strategy. You may want to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest") each week. Or your strategy may be to play it safe, make sure you progress into the next week. Or you may opt for a blindfold/dartboard scenario.

5. The game will end when TAR19 ends, on the giant bathmat. Your final week pick will be to rank the teams who are to race on the finale Sunday. If four teams are racing in the final Sunday, rank all four. If it’s three, rank all three.

You will rank the teams racing the final Sunday, whether or not you've "used" any of the picks beforehand. (TOTAL POSSIBLE PTS: 3 to 4, depending on how many teams are racing the finale Sunday.)

Since nobody can commit suicide in STARIV, everybody gets to play through this final round.

I expect the final ranking wrinkle to make the final week fairly mysterious ... could see a come-from-behind medal from a sly or lucky person.

6. ABOUT ‘NO PICK’: You may use the pick "no pick" only once during the game. A missed pick (i.e. "forgot to submit a pick") is the same as “no pick”. Each subsequent missed pick will result in -1 points.

We had an enormous pool of players for STARIII – 36! – so of course I’ve got my hopes high for this one. Come on in, the water’s fine (and blood free).

Below: Last season's standings. AKA what you’re aspiring to or running from. :P

FINAL STANDINGS
Suicide TAR III: Unfinished Snuffings

Rank. Player: Picks

1t. The Village Idiot: Ron/Xtina Jaime/Cara Marg/Luke Zev/Just Trotters Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Kishen
1t. rfisher: Mel/Mike Ron/Xtina Marg/Luke Kynt/Vyx Zev/Just Trotters Gary/Mall Kishen
1t. timing: Mel/Mike Ron/Xtina Marg/Luke Kynt/Vyx Zev/Just Trotters Gary/Mall Kishen

4t. Aceon 6: Marg/Luke Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Zev/Just Trotters no pick Kishen
4t. allezfred: Mel/Mike Gary/Mall Kynt/Vyx Ron/Xtina Trotters Zev/Just no pick Kishen
4t. DaveRocks: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Zev/Just Trotters Gary/Mall no pick Kishen
4t. genevieve: Mel/Mike Gary/Mall Ron/Xtina Kynt/Vyx Zev/Just Trotters no pick Kishen
4t. PrincessLeppard: Jaime/Cara Gary/Mall Ron/Xtina Kynt/Vyx Trotters Cowboys Zev/Just Kishen
4t. ElizabethAnne: Marg/Luke Kynt/Vyx Jaime/Cara Zev/Just Trotters Gary/Mall no pick[ghost winner] Kishen

10t. Allen: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Marg/Luke Ron/Xtina Zev/Just Trotters Kishen Gary/Mall
10t. professordeb: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Marg/Luke Kynt/Vyx Trotters Zev/Just Kishen Gary/Mall
10t. tchaikovsky_177: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Ron/Xtina Zev/Just Kynt/Vyx Trotters Kishen Gary/Mall
13t. Lara: Mel/Mike Ron/Xtina Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Zev/Just Trotters Kishen Gary/Mall
13t. Prancer: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Cowboys Trotters Kishen Gary/Mall
15. Flatfoote: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Ron/Xtina Zev/Just Kishen Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Trotters
16t. minuet: Ron/Xtina Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Trotters Cowboys Kishen Zev/Just
16t. Jenna: Mel/Mike Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Ron/Xtina Zev/Just Gary/Mall no pick Zev/Just
18t. KikiSashaFan: Jaime/Cara Zev/Just Marg/Luke Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Trotters Kishen no pick
18t. Allskate: Mel/Mike Ron/Xtina Kynt/Vyx Trotters Zev/Just Kishen Gary/Mall no pick
20t. AragornElessar: Zev/Just Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Trotters Ron/Xtina Kishen Gary/Mall no pick
20t. BevJohnston: Kishen Kynt/Vyx Ron/Xtina Gary/Mall Zev/Just no pick Trotters no pick
20t. Fridge Break: Kynt/Vyx Mel/Mike Ron/Xtina Gary/Mall Trotters Zev/Just Kishen no pick
20t. KHenry: Kishen Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Ron/Xtina Trotters Zev/Just no pick no pick
20t. zaphyre14: Trotters Ron/Xtina Jaime/Cara Gary/Mall Zev/Just Kynt/Vyx Kishen no pick
25t. Sassafras: Kishen Ron/Xtina Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Trotters Zev/Just no pick Gary/Mall
25t. shan: Kishen Gary/Mall Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Trotters Zev/Just no pick Gary/Mall
25t. skatemonaz: Zev/Just Mel/Mike Kynt/Vyx Ron/Xtina Trotters Kishen no pick Gary/Mall
25t. kedrin: Kishen Mel/Mike Marg/Luke no pick Kynt/Vyx Zev/Just Gary/Mall Trotters
25t. sk8pics: Kynt/Vyx Mel/Mike Marg/Luke Zev/Just Trotters Cowboys Gary/Mall Kishen
25t. jamesy: Marg/Luke Kynt/Vyx Jaime/Cara Gary/Mall Ron/Xtina Trotters Kishen Zev/Just
25t. SCG888: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Trotters Cowboys Zev/Just
25t. FiveRinger: Trotters Jaime/Cara Kynt/Vyx Marg/Luke Ron/Xtina Gary/Mall Zev/Just Kishen
25t. loveskating: Ron/Xtina Mel/Mike Kynt/Vyx Gary/Mall Kishen Zev/Just Trotters no pick
34. merrywidow: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Zev/Just Marg/Luke Ron/Xtina Kishen Kynt/Vyxsin
35. Lilia A: Mel/Mike Jaime/Cara Ron/Xtina Marg/Luke no pick no pick
36. ks1227: Ron/Xtina Mel/Mike no pick no pick !!

shan
09-15-2011, 12:15 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2:

rfisher
09-15-2011, 12:50 AM
I forgot I WON last time (I consider that 3-way tie a win) :encore:

sk8pics
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm in! Thanks for doing this! Should be great fun!

PrincessLeppard
09-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm never going to top that finish :wuzrobbed

timing
09-15-2011, 01:24 AM
5. The game will end when TAR19 ends, on the giant bathmat. Your final week pick will be to rank the teams who will race on the finale Sunday. If four teams are racing in the final Sunday, rank all four. If itís three, rank all three. Scoring for the final week will be a point for each correctly predicted finish.

I expect this wrinkle to make the final week fairly mysterious ... could see a come-from-behind medal from a sly or lucky person.

For the final week does this mean we rank whoever is there even if we have already choosen some of the teams?

Beefcake
09-15-2011, 02:01 AM
For the final week does this mean we rank whoever is there even if we have already choosen some of the teams?
Probably. But, :lol: I really need to think this through. I certainly want to keep this edition simple but still challenging ... both without bumbling it like I did with the :shuffle: last edition.

ETA: I've edited the rules to clarify:

1. Yes, you'll rank all the teams racing the finale Sunday, whether or not you've used them beforehand in the game.

2. Since I want the weekly picks to be the thrust of the scoring, I've made weekly picks worth 3 pts each (18-24 points possible), and correct finale rankings worth 2 pts each (6-8 pts possible).

Don't let the length of the "rules" fool you. This edition is very simple ... One pick a week, every week, you score if your pick survives that leg, you can only use a pick once, you don't die so you play all season long, then for finale Sunday you rank the remaining teams (everyone has all remaining teams at their disposal for the finale round).

rfisher
09-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Your only bumbling, Sir, was your failure to appropriately acknowlege the winners. :drama:

Jenna
09-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Can't wait! :cheer:

Beefcake
09-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Your only bumbling, Sir, was your failure to appropriately acknowlege the winners. :drama:
:saint: Winning's true worth is about how it makes one feel inside. :saint:

The thirst for acknowledgement (:plush:) is devil's work.

But, hey, kudos to our defending champions! May they prosper and remain humble.

:) rfisher
:) The Village Idiot
:) timing

rfisher
09-25-2011, 01:34 PM
:saint: Winning's true worth is about how it makes one feel inside. :saint:

The thirst for acknowledgement (:plush:) is devil's work.

But, hey, kudos to our defending champions! May they prosper and remain humble.

:) rfisher
:) The Village Idiot
:) timing

:rofl: Acknowledgement of one's accomplishments IS the point. Otherwise, just take a nap. Especially if that one win is the only one one has. :shuffle:

Beefcake
09-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Good luck with your first pick, everyone! Should be really easy. :saint:

PrincessLeppard
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Unless you were stuck in an airport. :wuzrobbed

Off to read TV thread...

zaphyre14
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Off to set up a new spreadsheet.....

Fridge_Break
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM