PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

A.H.Black
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I hope your Comcast person knows what they're talking about.

AYS
12-12-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope your Comcast person knows what they're talking about.
So do I (Comcast in Philly suburb area). I actually watch most of my skating on the internet these days, but I do catch some of the rebroadcasts on US and watch lots of other sports on there.

I've gotten really into watching the Alpine Ski season on US the last couple of years. Now if only they'd get snow in Europe and stop having to cancel events... :(

Garden Kitty
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
US also does a great job with cycling and gymnastics! I have comcast and hope that it's going to continue.

Lara
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Another Comcast subscriber crossing fingers. Plus I'm dying for hi def, so if that happens it'd make me *very* happy. And I've been liking alpine skiing too.

Frau Muller
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi-def, lo-def...I just want any def! :)

kwanette
12-13-2011, 11:48 PM
I called Comcast last week and the rep told me that we would be losing US the first of the yr. However, she did say that Comcast was still in negotiations re: US. I'm in Southern NJ.

A.H.Black
12-14-2011, 12:35 AM
I called Comcast last week and the rep told me that we would be losing US the first of the yr. However, she did say that Comcast was still in negotiations re: US. I'm in Southern NJ.

Your information sounds accurate. I'm thinking that Comcast, at least, will contract to add Universal as a subscription channel in their line-up (as opposed to being offered as a sub-station by the local NBC affiliate). My worry is that this contract will happen in the spring sometime (with London in mind) and we will lose the most important part of the figure skating season.

Sandy
12-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have any new info on Verizon FIOS still to carry Universal Sports? It seems no one wants to leak any info to us FIOS customers for fear we will cancel FIOS.

LEO59
12-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Does anyone have any new info on Verizon FIOS still to carry Universal Sports? It seems no one wants to leak any info to us FIOS customers for fear we will cancel FIOS.

I've been watching Sking today and Universal Sports has been running a message at the bottom of the screen saying if you have Verizon FIOS you may be losing it on Jan 1 2012..

So it looks like Verizon has not yet signed an agreement to carry it....Cox' Cablevision and Charter as well...

paskatefan
12-18-2011, 12:16 PM
We live in Phila., PA, and our service is from Comcast. So will we be losing
US coverage as of mid January or not?

Wyliefan
12-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I've been watching Sking today and Universal Sports has been running a message at the bottom of the screen saying if you have Verizon FIOS you may be losing it on Jan 1 2012..

So it looks like Verizon has not yet signed an agreement to carry it....Cox' Cablevision and Charter as well...

Arrgh! :wall: Come on, Verizon, don't blow this!

A.H.Black
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
We live in Phila., PA, and our service is from Comcast. So will we be losing
US coverage as of mid January or not?
I don't think we know yet. In checking the Universal site, it still says Comcast customers MAY lose Universal on January 1st. The only system that will have Universal for sure is still DirectTV.

I'm still hoping for some announcements before the end of the year. I'm sure Universal wants to make a big splash when the contracts are done. It's just a pain for those of us who would like better information.

AYS
12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Similar to what LEO59 has seen, last night while I was watching US, it was scrolling across the bottome that if we had Verizon FIOS or COX, we might be losing US.

I am Comcast (and in Phila western suburbs) and Comcast wasn't mentioned in the scroll.

Sandy
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
I am just now watching Uni Sports skiing .
A scroll just came on saying :

If you subscribe to COX, starting 1/1/12 you may longer be able to watch Universal Sports.

Call 1-800-55-GET-US or go to IWANTUNIVERSAALSPORTS.COM for more info.

The scrolls I saw yesterday said Comcast or Verizon FIOS. So, maybe, We who have Verizon FIOS will be lucky.

BreakfastClub
12-20-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't think we know yet. In checking the Universal site, it still says Comcast customers MAY lose Universal on January 1st. The only system that will have Universal for sure is still DirectTV.

I'm still hoping for some announcements before the end of the year. I'm sure Universal wants to make a big splash when the contracts are done. It's just a pain for those of us who would like better information.

You won't lose it if you have Comcast.