PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

advgirl
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
delete

advgirl
11-27-2011, 08:48 PM
This can all be very confusing. I work for Universal Sports Network and thought it would be helpful if I tried to give you some answers. We want to make sure that everyone knows what is happening at the end of the year. As noted, there are changes on the horizon for the network. In the past, we’ve been an over-the-air multicast network. However, we are transitioning over to a cable, satellite and IPTV service, similar to other sports and entertainment networks. That change goes into effect at midnight on December 31, 2011.

Right now, DirecTV is the only service who will (and currently does) offer Universal Sports beginning in 2012. We are working diligently with other distributors and hope to have additional deals signed before the deadline.

You can help. You WILL make a difference. Please call 1-800-55-GET-US and follow the prompts to tell your TV provider you want Universal Sports on your channel lineup. The more people call, the better our chances are of making sure your viewing experience of Universal Sports is uninterrupted.

Here is a link to a complete FAQ that should answer more questions: http://www.universalsports.com/frequently-asked-questions.html

You can also follow this link to fill out an online form:http://www.universalsports.com/iwantuniversalsports/iwantuniversalsports_datacollection.html . Please pass the phone number and link along to your family and friends – every call and online submission help!

If you have additional questions that are not addressed in the FAQ, please email us at keepus@universalsports.com

Thank you for your time.

Thank you very much for all the info. I have made several requests from At&t to add it during the past year and I did just make another request. I hope US is able to sign contracts with more providers including At&t in the near future.

I wish NBC would wait to move all events to US until more providers agree to carry the channel. Do you know if there will be an option to view the channel online? I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee just to be able to watch it. The thought of missing events (come January) is very disheartening. :(

Thanks again.

stjeaskategym
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
I tried to submit the online form on multiple browsers and it keeps saying there is an error. :rolleyes:

Frau Muller
11-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I did the form and left feedback with my carrier, Comcast. This seems very much like a marketing tool, to help US hike up the prices of advertisement spots. Something doesn't feel right but, hey, if my Comcast keeps US, I'll be a happy camper.

DORISPULASKI
11-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I found it temperamental. I had to change my View to 100% from 125% and click on my carrier more than once to get it to register.

Finally it accepted the form.

skatesindreams
11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Same here, Doris.

AxelAnnie
11-30-2011, 04:08 PM
I did the form and left feedback with my carrier, Comcast. This seems very much like a marketing tool, to help US hike up the prices of advertisement spots. Something doesn't feel right but, hey, if my Comcast keeps US, I'll be a happy camper.

Ditto. Otherwise we will become a bi-cable household.

Visaliakid
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
My Comcast system put up a notice today that effective Dec 20, the current US Channel 187 would be changing it's format to an all music station. I called Comcast programming rep for our area and was told that the Fresno area Comcast Franchise is in talks with Universal Sports people about getting an agreement to carry USTV on the Fresno Hub. So it looks like it is going to disappear from my Comcast system effective Dec. 20.

I did the form thing, called numerous times and was even told that USTV would not be lost or removed. LIES! Looks like for the forseeable future I will have to rely on UniversalSports.com for the figure skating and gymnastics that it provides.

Another unhappy Comcast customer!

AxelAnnie
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
^^^^^^ I am so bummed. I have called, written, screamed. I have even called Direct TV........I have a TV at my office.....and Direct TV told me they don't have Universal Sports in any of their packages.

Frau Muller
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I'll save my screams for January 1, 2012...if Comcast of Washington, DC, dares not include US in their package. Fee-fie-fow-fumm...

rfisher
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
^^^^^^ I am so bummed. I have called, written, screamed. I have even called Direct TV........I have a TV at my office.....and Direct TV told me they don't have Universal Sports in any of their packages.

Yes they do. I have it. It's in one of the sports package.

A.H.Black
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I suspect this is going to get rather ugly in a few weeks. How many casual viewers have no idea how they are getting Universal and will have no clue that it's going to disappear.

I am hoping our Universal employee will check in and give us a progress report.

I have called my local NBC affiliate several times and cannot find a single person who has any idea what is going on - whether they will have it - not have it. No one knows anything about Universal Sports.

AJ Skatefan
12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I called Comcast and the guy told me that he didn't think they would REALLY drop US. I also emailed. He did tell me to go to Comcastvoices.com and give feedback there. I also told them that I was considering dropping cable altogether if US was taken away.

Lavergne100
12-06-2011, 02:50 AM
I have comcast in the chicago suburbs and get universal sports. They recently changed from channel 251 to channel 342. No announcement. Nothing. I just thought they removed it! I hate not being notified about stuff like this!

I can see it on my tv that has the converter box (and gets tons of channels) as well as the other tv that has no box. The one with no box is where I tape shows so I really hope I'll:

1) Still be getting Univ Sports
2) Be able to view it on both tvs

Does anyone know about this?

Reuven
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Yes they do. I have it. It's in one of the sports package.
Yep. Channel 625. It's part of a $12.95 per month sports package. Once skating season is over, we'll probably drop it for a while.