PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24

aka_gerbil
02-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Yes! I have it too - channel 9795 in Minneapolis on Dish Network. They're showing a 2-hr recap of Euros right now, which is great for me since I didn't see any of it at the time, just looked at the results. This is great - I hope it stays around.

After this part that's on right now goes off, there will be an hour of skeleton, and then another 2-hour block of skating. It also looks like there will be even more on tomorrow evening. :D

A.H.Black
02-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Yes! I have it too - channel 9795 in Minneapolis on Dish Network. They're showing a 2-hr recap of Euros right now, which is great for me since I didn't see any of it at the time, just looked at the results. This is great - I hope it stays around.

So I'm guessing 9795 is the DISH HD channel. If so, it's the first time we've seen Universal in HD.

Lara
02-26-2012, 03:16 AM
:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

But glad they've expanded to Dish, it's a step forward at least and the more people who can watch the better.

Really hoping for Comcast eventually...it'd be unbelievable to not have it in preparation for the London Olympics.

RobinA
02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Well, I'm happy for you Dish people, but your gain is my loss, I used to watch Universal on Comcast and now cannot. I'm not going to Dish after I got expanded Comcast for the specific purpose of watching skating on Universal.

It's becoming harder and harder for me to be a figure skating fan. I guess with fans flocking to the sport they won't need little old me around. :shuffle:

A.H.Black
02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
The Universal Website has finally been updated to reflect the addition of DISH Network.

Did a quick google search for Comcast. No luck yet.

DORISPULASKI
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
They're negotiating to show some of Jr Worlds, I hear.

Sparks
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Really? Do you know when we will find out?

museksk8r
03-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I just found out today that I get Universal Sports on Dish Network (Channel 9795) and according to their TV Listings on their website, there will be some tv skating coverage of 4CC and Europeans next week, Monday - Thursday. I really hope there will be plenty of World Championships coverage too! :cheer2:

HisWeirness
03-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Yes, Universal Sports TV will cover the World Championships. Schedule is linked below.

http://www.universalsports.com/figure-skating/events/event=US0100809/viewers-guide/index.html

mtnskater
03-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Called and compared Dish to Direct TV today and elected to leave Comcast for Dish stat. The Dish is being installed first thing Monday morning just in time for the week before Worlds! I have had Comcast for probably 12 years. Am I a figure skating fan or what? :lol:

Also Dish has this really cool technology called The Hopper that just came out this week that allows you to record up to 2000 hours on the Hopper unit and watch it anywhere in the house. It was just introduced this week. Hope it is as good as it sounds!

Reuven
03-24-2012, 04:34 PM
For those of you who have DirecTV and haven’t added the Sports Pack, US is on a free preview until April 2 on channel 62. Just in time. Set your DVRs!!

mikemba
03-26-2012, 12:19 AM
I was thinking of purchasing Universal Sports' on-line coverage of Worlds since I no longer get them on TV (Comcast). But I have a few questions:

Will what I see on line include all skaters?

If I am unavailable to watch some events live (or if I watch them live and want to watch repeats) will I be able to access each event on line at any time? And if so, how long would this access last? Could I re-watch a few weeks or months after Worlds?

How is the quality? Is it likely to shut down/ skip some skaters due to difficulties?

Thanks in advance. :)

A.H.Black
03-26-2012, 12:24 AM
If you look at the viewers guide here - http://www.universalsports.com/figure-skating/viewers-guide/index.html all of last season is still available to watch on line. I would assume Worlds will be available for some time to come.

As for your other questions, I'm sure other posters will be able to answer them.

A bit on a tangent - I just noticed that the link to 2012 Junior Worlds is no longer listed on the page (an oversight I think). They are still available here http://www.universalsports.com/figure-skating/events/event=US0100809/viewers-guide/index.html and they are free to view.

chachacha
03-26-2012, 03:42 AM
For those of you who have DirecTV and havenít added the Sports Pack, US is on a free preview until April 2 on channel 62. Just in time. Set your DVRs!!

Oh this is great, THANKS:D

Reuven
03-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Just realised I goofed! That should be DirecTV channel 625! Sorry!