PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Sandy
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Nanigirl,

Yes, Universal Sports will provide coverage for the World Championships with live event broadcasting March 28-31.

I have been looking Uni Sports to find out about Worlds, could not find anything. If I may ask, where did you find it?
I signed for Premier Four Continents but saw nothing for Worlds. I am one of the unfortunate persons that has FIOS!!

LEO59
02-02-2012, 03:15 AM
I have been looking Uni Sports to find out about Worlds, could not find anything. If I may ask, where did you find it?
I signed for Premier Four Continents but saw nothing for Worlds. I am one of the unfortunate persons that has FIOS!!

Sandy Keep US works for Universal Sports so if He/She says it going to be on then it will be..

Sandy
02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Sandy Keep US works for Universal Sports so if He/She says it going to be on then it will be..

Thanks Leo59!!!

icedancer2
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Will Worlds be on icenetwork?

Sylvia
02-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Will Worlds be on icenetwork?
Yes, as well as Four Continents - see: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120130&content_id=26511326&vkey=ice_news

icedancer2
02-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Yes, as well as Four Continents - see: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120130&content_id=26511326&vkey=ice_news

thank you.

What a crock that you have to pay extra to stream it...

emason
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
thank you.

What a crock that you have to pay extra to stream it...

Why is it a crock and why do you feel you are entitled to something for free?

AJ Skatefan
02-09-2012, 07:29 PM

That's a good question. :D

A.H.Black
02-09-2012, 08:23 PM

I think the poster was expressing frustration that those who have already subscribed for the year are now expected to pay extra. I would be frustrated too. I would expect a subscription to cover the full year of competition.

AJ Skatefan
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I think the poster was expressing frustration that those who have already subscribed for the year are now expected to pay extra. I would be frustrated too. I would expect a subscription to cover the full year of competition.

When people subscribed at the beginning of the season it was spelled out which competitions were part of the package. 4CC and Worlds were not on the list.

BreakfastClub
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
When people subscribed at the beginning of the season it was spelled out which competitions were part of the package. 4CC and Worlds were not on the list.

Agree. And IN has never included 4CC and Worlds before in their package - this was clearly something they've negotiated extra for during the year. Personally I am THRILLED they negotiated this deal and that I can get full coverage of both for $6. In more than two decades as a fan, the only way I've reliably seen this much of either competition is when I was there live. It's unprecedented. Some people just like to hang out on the internet and bitch. :shuffle:

skatesindreams
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd rather have access to full coverage via internet for a nominal fee; than little/no coverage on cable or broadcast TV,
The quality of the feed has improved markedly over what it was when online coverage began, as well.

icedancer2
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Agree. And IN has never included 4CC and Worlds before in their package - this was clearly something they've negotiated extra for during the year. Personally I am THRILLED they negotiated this deal and that I can get full coverage of both for $6. In more than two decades as a fan, the only way I've reliably seen this much of either competition is when I was there live. It's unprecedented. Some people just like to hang out on the internet and bitch. :shuffle:

True, true. I spoke too soon. I am grateful that I will be able to see Worlds AT ALL.

Used that term "crock" much too quickly!

Keep US
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone! I'm glad to see you all are concerned about your Figure Skating coverage and I wanted to clear some things up. As many of you know, the Four Continents competition is going on right now. If your TV provider currently does not have Universal Sports Network, you can still access the event by going to http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html and signing up for our figure skating viewing package or by checking it out on Ice Network. Also catch our encore presentation of RISE next Wednesday at 8 pm ET on Universal Sports. Then coming in March, don’t miss our coverage of the Figure Skating World Championships (3/26-31).

We know that many of you have been calling and emailing your TV providers. Your tireless support is greatly appreciated. It is important that the TV providers recognize the value of Universal Sports Network's world-class sports offerings so we can finalize agreements that will allow more fans to have access to our network. We are doing what we can to make the network available to you. We hope to have an announcement soon.

In the meantime, we know it’s hard, but please continue to call 1-800-55-GET-US, go to http://unisports.tv/gfepVd, and spread the word that you want Universal Sports! Post 1-800-55-GET-US and http://unisports.tv/gfepVd on your Facebook page and tweet it out on Twitter.

Thank you for your loyalty.

A.H.Black
02-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for checking in KeepUS. As always I am grateful that someone at Universal keeps in touch occasionally.

Honestly however, my loyalty is to figure skating - Not to Universal Sports! Any loyalty I have felt to Universal came from my feeling that Universal seemed to recognize the value of the sports I follow - figure skating, gymnastics, and other Olympic Sports. I understand Universal's need to change the way they deliver their product, but I have felt great frustration about how the whole thing has played out over the last several months.

I am now actively working on finding other ways to view figure skating. I am finding some success along the way. If those announcements are are delayed too long, some of us will have moved on.