PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24

my little pony
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Free channels are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

lol, what's free about my cable package?

rfisher
01-17-2012, 09:49 PM
lol, what's free about my cable package?

Well, me either. I haven't had free TV in years. :lol:

kwanette
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
My DIRECT TV was installed Sunday. I LOVE it. It is clearer. I had to get the Premium Pkg to get Universal Sports, BUTT it is still cheaper than my old Comcast, which offered me almost nothing.
I like you, DIRECT TV. :D

Thanks, I'll have to mull.

maggylyn
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
My DIRECT TV was installed Sunday. I LOVE it. It is clearer. I had to get the Premium Pkg to get Universal Sports, BUTT it is still cheaper than my old Comcast, which offered me almost nothing.
I like you, DIRECT TV. :D

I had DirectTV installed about a month ago and I haven't had any problems. I used to have Comcast but DirectTV has been better; plus I'm paying less, including the package to get Universal Sports.

Pikachuusb
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Universal Sports needs to get into talks with Brighthouse in Orlando. Id love to buy a premium sport package to get Universal Sports.

BaileyCatts
01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I had DirectTV installed about a month ago and I haven't had any problems. I used to have Comcast but DirectTV has been better; plus I'm paying less, including the package to get Universal Sports.

:shuffle: uhm, I don't mean to pry (well, yea I do) but what kinda cost are we talking with DirectTV for folks that have it? I currently pay $120 a month for cable/internet service. My cable is just straight cable channels only (cable like HGTV, Lifetime, Bravo .. the standard cable channels most people have considered 'basic' and 'standard' on my service), and no pay channels at all (no HBO, Showtime, etc.). That $120 combines in high speed internet also. Is DirectTV a better deal, about the same, or will I have to pay more? You can get your high speed internet with DirectTV also, right?

Sparks
01-19-2012, 05:31 PM
:shuffle: uhm, I don't mean to pry (well, yea I do) but what kinda cost are we talking with DirectTV for folks that have it? I currently pay $120 a month for cable/internet service. My cable is just straight cable channels only (cable like HGTV, Lifetime, Bravo .. the standard cable channels most people have considered 'basic' and 'standard' on my service), and no pay channels at all (no HBO, Showtime, etc.). That $120 combines in high speed internet also. Is DirectTV a better deal, about the same, or will I have to pay more? You can get your high speed internet with DirectTV also, right?
For me, it was less. You need to call DIRECT TV and ask them. I also had to specifically ask about Universal Sports...which ended up in the premium package. The premium package I just got is currently lower than my Comcast basic cable pkg. The cost will go up a bit over time, but I'm still glad I made the change. I got more bang for my buck. Right now DIRECT TV is running a special.

Peaches LaTour
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM

We would love to dump Comcast but we live in the Pacific Northwest where overcast weather is the norm so we are hesitant to try a dish.

Sparks
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Apparently, overcast weather doesn't affect the dish. Technology has come a long way.

skipaway
01-19-2012, 08:35 PM
We would love to dump Comcast but we live in the Pacific Northwest where overcast weather is the norm so we are hesitant to try a dish.

Heavy thunderstorms and very heavy snow are the only things that has interupted my Directv.

Sparks
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
The tech who installed my DIRECT TV said that if I was worried about snow, its a good idea to spray the dish with non-stick cooking spray before the storm.
Others I spoke to before making this decision said that the infrequent interruptions are not bad. Service doesn't go out for long times...unlike cable.

Simone411
01-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I've had DirecTV for around 6 years now. The plan I have now at home is the Ultimate Choice package which includes all the Encore channels without Starz. It's around 250 channels or more at a reasonable price. I also have the HD extra package which includes channels like MGM, The Smithsonian channel, HD Net, Universal HD, etc. Both packages together run me around 75 dollars. DirecTV is good about giving discounts for a year, which is what they did for me.

They will also suspend your payments if you're not at home for an indefinite period of time. I'm at a rehab center getting physical therapy. DirectTV told me to simply call them when I do get to go home.

As far as clarity goes, it's great or I wouldn't have stuck with DirecTV all these years. There is trouble, sometimes, if there's a real bad thunderstorm. Other than that, no problems.

I'll probably drop the HD extra package and switch to the Sports Pack when I do go home. They'll probably give me three free months of the HD Extra package when I let them know I want to drop it. They're really good about doing that. :)

SpeedySucks
01-20-2012, 03:07 AM
I switched from Comcast to DirecTV in August and have been very satisfied with the price, quality, and service. I get the Choice Xtra package with the Sports Pack for about $40 a month, which is less than half of what I was paying Comcast for fewer channels. Even when my two-year introductory rate is up, I'll still only pay about $75/month for my current package. I've found the HD picture quality to be far superior to Comcast, and I've had maybe three 10-minute outages during severe storms. The service people are much more helpful and polite than Comcast as well--the one time I had a problem, I actually got to speak to a supervisor, which I could never do with Comcast. I'd highly recommend switching if you can.

And to top it all off, Comcast was so eager to keep my business that they gave me an excellent deal on one of their top cable internet packages. I now pay less for TV + internet than I did for just cable with Comcast.

nanigirl
02-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Is Universal Sports going to broadcast Worlds?

Keep US
02-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Is Universal Sports going to broadcast Worlds?

Nanigirl,

Yes, Universal Sports will provide coverage for the World Championships with live event broadcasting March 28-31.