PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24

Sandy
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know what Apply Coupon is or where you get the coupon?

Peaches LaTour
01-12-2012, 08:09 PM
As of January 2012 Universal Sports will be ending their over the air broadcasting on local tv stations in favor of cable and Direct TV taking Figure Skating with them!!

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/473670-Universal_Sports_Spikes_Over_the_Air_Model.php

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=158377

This is sad for me because I do not have cable no more...

Comcast is our cable carrier (we don't like them) and they dropped Universal Sports Network much to our dismay and disgust. :mad:

HisWeirness
01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know what Apply Coupon is or where you get the coupon?
It is just a text field where you can enter a discount/promotional code.

I have used a promotional code/coupon at universalsports.com when purchasing gymnastics subscriptions, but I have not heard of any discount/promotional code floating around for the figure skating subscriptions.

Sandy
01-12-2012, 11:44 PM
It is just a text field where you can enter a discount/promotional code.

I have used a promotional code/coupon at universalsports.com when purchasing gymnastics subscriptions, but I have not heard of any discount/promotional code floating around for the figure skating subscriptions.

I signed up today for Four Continents Figure Skating and after you give your info, name, credit card, name, etc and click enter. It comes with the total cost and there is a little box that says apply code. Where of how do I get a code?

skatesindreams
01-13-2012, 04:53 PM
I haven't found any codes for their 2012 figure skating coverage yet.
I'm still looking.

Keep US
01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
The concern you all have shown is truly appreciated and we understand this issue has been frustrating to many. You can still access Universal Sports Figure Skating Programming by going to http://www.universalsports.com/figure-skating/viewers-guide/index.html for the Four Continents (February 6-12) and World Championships (March 26-31) competitions. We are currently in negotiations with TV providers and hope to make some distribution announcements in the near future. It is important that the TV providers recognize the value of Universal Sports Network's world-class sports offerings so we can finalize agreements that will allow more viewers to have access to our network. While we are doing what we can to help move along this business transition, it is the fans like you that can really make a difference.

Please continue to call 1-800-55-GET-US and go to http://unisports.tv/gfepVd. Then, spread the word that you want Universal Sports! You can post 1-800-55-GET-US and http://unisports.tv/gfepVd on your Facebook page and tweet it out on Twitter. Also post on forums for your TV providers and any groups you are in as well.

Thank you for your loyalty.

Sparks
01-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I just ordered DIRECT TV...with Universal Sports. I can't wait to tell Comcast to sukit.

yossalu
01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I just ordered DIRECT TV...with Universal Sports. I can't wait to tell Comcast to sukit.

I did the same. Saved a bunch of money, too. When they called and asked why I left, I was able to give Universal Sports as the reason. Hopefully those of you with Comcast will benefit from our exits. Crossing my fingers that the deal comes through, and soon.

kwanette
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I did the same. Saved a bunch of money, too. When they called and asked why I left, I was able to give Universal Sports as the reason. Hopefully those of you with Comcast will benefit from our exits. Crossing my fingers that the deal comes through, and soon.

Thank you.

Reuven
01-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Anyone thinking of switching to DirecTV, PM me. Might be able to save you some more $ because of the reference promotion.

Spareoom
01-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, our Universal Sports got dropped (we have Comcast). I suspected as much when the channel number changed a few months ago. Boo!

It's unlikely that we will switch providers since we have a package deal with our internet (which is vital because my dad works from home).

So...if anyone finds out anything more about what I can do to access US, via internet or subscription or whatever, let me know. This year shouldn't be too huge of a problem because I'm mainly into gymnastics and we don't have Worlds this year, and the Olympics will be on NBC. But yeah, would like to get this sorted out. It sucks that we figure skating and gymnastics sports fan only have one channel that regularly carries coverage of major events, and now it's only available to certain providers.

Sparks
01-14-2012, 11:38 PM
I got a great deal with DIRECT TV...including internet.

rfisher
01-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, our Universal Sports got dropped (we have Comcast). I suspected as much when the channel number changed a few months ago. Boo!

It's unlikely that we will switch providers since we have a package deal with our internet (which is vital because my dad works from home).

So...if anyone finds out anything more about what I can do to access US, via internet or subscription or whatever, let me know. This year shouldn't be too huge of a problem because I'm mainly into gymnastics and we don't have Worlds this year, and the Olympics will be on NBC. But yeah, would like to get this sorted out. It sucks that we figure skating and gymnastics sports fan only have one channel that regularly carries coverage of major events, and now it's only available to certain providers.

You can still access universalsports.com You can even watch skating for a small fee. If you watch the GP, 4CC and Worlds, it's about the same as icenetwork. Advantage is IN isn't showing 4CC and Worlds.

AJ Skatefan
01-14-2012, 11:45 PM
I got a great deal with DIRECT TV...including internet.

Does Direct TV offer internet service?

Sparks
01-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Yes. And it seems cheaper than Comcast internet service. It is Centruy Link...which also does phone service. Their cell phone provider is Verizon.
I've been comparing bundled packages for some time and I believe I made a good decision. Comcast was costing me a fortune, without many channels.
I dislike you, Comcast.
Century Link/DIRECT TV is running specials right now.
I just got my pretty self bundled.