PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

ks1227
01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I understand why they can't stream it for free anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see the slow death of free TV.
Yes, but Universal Sports is now gone even from paid cable subscription packages that used to carry it as part of the higher-level packages (like Comcast), not only from free TV. :(

Sandy
01-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Why can't Universal have the pay for the premier videos like before. I did that for the Grand Prix.

Reuven
01-04-2012, 12:00 AM
I think you might be confusing Universal Sports TV with Universalsports.com.

Doubletoe
01-04-2012, 12:03 AM

My thought as well. I guess if we want to watch 4CC and Worlds, we'll have to pay to subscribe to www.UniversalSports.com and watch it online (or on TV via cable from home computer). Kinda sucks, since I've already paid for an IceNetwork subscription and never thought I'd have to pay for both. :mad:

Sandy
01-04-2012, 12:04 AM

Yes, you are right, I watched it on Universalsports.com. Will it still be available on their website??

HisWeirness
01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Yes, you are right, I watched it on Universalsports.com. Will it still be available on their website??
Yes, it appears so. See my previous post (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3420008&postcount=176).

rfisher
01-04-2012, 12:31 AM
I think a lot of people are confusing the TV station and the online US. They aren't the same although they are owned by the same company. You pay $15 for a subscription for the online station.

Sparks
01-04-2012, 01:19 AM
What would happen if everyone who lost their Universal Sports on Comcast, etc., changed to DIRECT TV?

Sandy
01-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Not everyone could do that.

snoopysnake
01-04-2012, 03:24 AM
What would happen if everyone who lost their Universal Sports on Comcast, etc., changed to DIRECT TV?

Then Universal Sports would jump to another provider that most people don't get.

Last night I had a nightmare about trying to find Worlds coverage - I had TVs and computers and couldn't get them to bring up skating to save my life...I kept mispunching and mistyping channels and web addresses.

I still say that Speedy is the one to blame for all this!

Lacey
01-04-2012, 05:01 AM
On Monday, after the NBC live showing of the Philadelphia Flyers vs NY Rangers outdoor ice hockey game, they advertised a feature about a 1982 hockey challenge series between Canada and Russia to be shown on the new NBC Sports Channel. Well, I found it, it is located on my dial about 5 channels after ESPN, it is listed as "NBCSP." And yes, it seems to be taped sports stories, not spontaneous competitions. (The story about the hockey series was beautifully written and directed.) I don't think we will see any competitive skating here. And I wonder where all of the skiing will go? I am a fan of most sports, and would have flipped to US if The Food Channel or HGTV was not piquing my interest.

I am technologically challenged, but I guess if no other channel picks up the void, I might try US on line? And I guess you people are telling me that my 7 year old tv won't adapt, but that a new tv might be used as a conduit to US on line on my tv screen. One other question is whether or not Ice Network can pick up the slack and cover all of the competitions that US has.

rfisher
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
You have to have an internet capable TV. Many of the new HiDef TVs offer this. I bought a Sony. It's got wireless capability. I watched all the GP series on the big screen. :)

Something is going on with US channel. All the TV guide directory says is *sports* with no specific programming titles. Maybe it's all part of the change or something. I have it and the new NBC sports channel so it doesn't matter, but there won't be any skating on the NBC sports channel until the winter olympics. What I've read was that its focus is on NHL and soccer (they think that's going to be the next big thing) and some of the summer olympic broadcasting. They will still have quite a few hunting/fishing programing left from when this was the Outdoor channel. I bought the US online subscription as well to watch 4CC and hopefully Worlds since neither are on the IN lineup at this time.

Garden Kitty
01-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Now the channel comes up as "channel not available" - not a promising sign. I don't mind relying on their internet site for these programs, but I wonder how long they can keep operating and afford the licensing fees for these events if they only have Direct TV as as subscriber.

Sandy
01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
You have to have an internet capable TV. Many of the new HiDef TVs offer this. I bought a Sony. It's got wireless capability. I watched all the GP series on the big screen. :)

Something is going on with US channel. All the TV guide directory says is *sports* with no specific programming titles. Maybe it's all part of the change or something. I have it and the new NBC sports channel so it doesn't matter, but there won't be any skating on the NBC sports channel until the winter olympics. What I've read was that its focus is on NHL and soccer (they think that's going to be the next big thing) and some of the summer olympic broadcasting. They will still have quite a few hunting/fishing programing left from when this was the Outdoor channel. I bought the US online subscription as well to watch 4CC and hopefully Worlds since neither are on the IN lineup at this time.

When and where can you but an online subscription for Universal Sports?

Thanks

AJ Skatefan
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM
When and where can you but an online subscription for Universal Sports?

Thanks

When it's closer to the events coming up, just look on the website.